Quit..rest ..restart . Diary no.3

Comments

• another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 February 2018 at 7:17PM
    So , felt horrible all day Friday . Saturday I was fine again .
    Spiral finished last week as I said . Replaced by ropey Swedish series modus . Up pops Kim cattrall whomis not Swedish , so enough was enough and I switched off . Hopefully the bridge will be back soon .

Yesterday I finally got the music room to my liking . Only a couple of poster tubes to put somewhere. Do not tell me where.
    Still have a crate of stuff to sort out , which is now hidden in the bedroom.

It seems only last month that I went down in Jean size from 40 inch waist to 38 inches. I have a feeling Iam now ready to go to a 36 inch waist .
    I am gonna order one pair online from M&S and see what gives.
    I diid not have the confidence to go down to 38 waist initially , but I am fed up of my jeans slipping down way too low .

Had a strange and strenuous personal training session today . This consisted of doing odd and awkward excercise with no strength involved. Mr. Instructor wants me to get swimming trunks so he can take pics . I think it is gonna be a before and eventually after shots rather than something dodgy . I was wearing 4xxl size in t shirts and sweatshirts , but yesterday it looks like I may have gone to 2x l
    If I can get to just x l then that is a huge achievement .
    This is one of reasons I have been holding back looking for employment . Initially I knew I could not even fit into a weather centre as a gas balloon. Looks like I am heading in the right direction to be normal fingers crossed .
  • Woke up with a stiff shoulder which I still have now . I assume it’s the way I slept . Lots of rain today, so I only went as far as the shop .
    Watching olympics . For a moment I though it was loose women .
    Cannot watch curling though. Too boring for me .
  • Wow, you are doing well on the keeping fit regime AC. Going down from size 40 to almost 36 is really good. That will give you confidence when looking for work knowing you are fitter than you were 6 months ago.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Thanks enthusiastic .
    I suppose the combination of quitting lucozade and crisps a few months back , plus the above . Long way to go , but I will be patient and hope for the best . Living like a pensuioner at the moment but change will happen eventually .
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!

Had a strange and strenuous personal training session today . This consisted of doing odd and awkward excercise with no strength involved. Mr. Instructor wants me to get swimming trunks so he can take pics . I think it is gonna be a before and eventually after shots rather than something dodgy .
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh dear, that does read funny AC :D. What kind of exercises - am guessing some kind of Pilates type ones which would actually be really good for your suppleness and overall fitness? Plus holding your 'core' in helps with balance which is really important as we all get older and our bones less strong and 'bounceable' :o.

Anyway, we all want to see the before and after pics - unless a mankini is involved :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • another_casualty
    edited 13 February 2018 at 10:54PM
    Hellooo gally:). Such a long time . Hope you are fine and dandy as usual :rotfl: Yes ,that does sound a rather odd training session.
    Basically , it was all about balance . Some using a t r x pulley.
    I think that is what it is called. Different ways of press-ups . Using the treadmill in a different way altogether . Basically while the personal trainer keeps telling me how strong and solid I am , he acknowledges other parts of the body that need to be built up.due to my condition.
    I am basically doing a lot of things opposite the way others would do.

TBH I do not want to do the pics . I may do some selfies at home standing behind an inflatable space hopper or something.
  • Lousy couple of days . Constant rain meant I just stayed in .
    Went out today to buy scented candles in branksome . For some reason I was sweaty , clammy and sniffy. When I walked into homesense, I inadvertently knocked a fake plastic tree when I brushed past it . Some snotty bloke just pointed at it . I didn’t know what he was pointing at . No conversation , just pointing .
    Feel better now than what I did . I think I may force myself to the gym tomorrow .

Felt a bit bloated today . When looking through a drawer with some clothes in it, I found the last pair of trousers that I wore for that hideous company I used to work for . Waist size..46”.
    In reality, I know that trousers and jeans fittings are different , so I think I would probably be a 40” trousers with them being loose and soon a 36”jeans . The. Ones I have in 38” are very loose as I mentioned .
    Still tidying up stuff in bedroom. Hopefully , by this time next week that will be done . This m g saps you of energy and stamina . Hoping the gym visits get back my stamina and strength .
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hellooo gally:). Such a long time . Hope you are fine and dandy as usual :rotfl: Yes ,that does sound a rather odd training session.
    Basically , it was all about balance . Some using a t r x pulley.
    I think that is what it is called. Different ways of press-ups . Using the treadmill in a different way altogether . Basically while the personal trainer keeps telling me how strong and solid I am , he acknowledges other parts of the body that need to be built up.due to my condition.
    I am basically doing a lot of things opposite the way others would do.
    Sounds like the trainer is putting some real thought into how to work with you AC :T. Using your core can help tighten up your abdomen and improve your overall condition which is all good :)

Fine and dandy signing out :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Had another personal training session today . Different again . Working mainly on stamina and co ordination Trainer still happy with my progress .
    Saw friend on sat for first time in about a month. He thinks I have lost a bit of weight . I still have a way to go.

Need to contact gas engineer for a yearly inspection on the gas boiler. . I liked the guy I saw last year when deciding whether to go ahead and buy the flat. I think it is best to have an annual checkup just to keep things ticking over and hopefully avoiding any nasty surprises.
  • another_casualty
    edited 22 February 2018 at 3:45PM
    Have a pain in the back of my neck / shoulder. Yes I know I can be a pain in the neck . I was wondering if it is because of the bed I have .
    The new mattress is fine and dandy now . When I was in my last place I was gonna chuck the bed and mattress away when I moved . The removal guy and my friend advised me not to. The bizarre thing about me ranting on about the bed , is that it has no headboard .
    Trendy / stupid design means that the pillows used to fall in the gap behind the bed . It is low and not high.
    I will be back at the gym tomorrow regardless and see what gives.

I will order 2 more pairs of jeans online at m&s as the ones I have now are making me an embarrassment and if I was not wearing a coat could have got me in trouble on more than 1 occasion .

Was a bit down over last couple of days , but have started tidying up the bedroom and throwing more clothes out that I do not require anymore . It is a habit I am getting used to. A clear flat = clear mind
    Something like that . I will get a gas engineer to give the boiler a checkup as I mentioned above. Apparently , we are in for a colder spell , so I will wait till that has passed as I do not want to jinx anything .

Still waiting to hear from James regarding repairing leak and for quote for new kitchen doors . Once I get the kitchen doors then the flat revamp is complete. I am after gloss white , preferably no handles .
    I have seen the insides of the flats in my block and a lot of the kitchens are the same . Bathrooms also. Mine looks different than most .

I notice that the text fault with the iPad / m s e is still there. It makes things more long winded and a p I t a to type . Don!!!8217;t / can!!!8217;t etc have been extended somewhat and do not seem to make sense .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure