January 2018 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• monks
    monks Posts: 163
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Please could I join with a *** annual budget of £3000*** please. Managed to come under by approx £250 last year. This is for one adult, two teenagers and a five year old plus 2 guinea pigs. This will include food, school lunches, toiletries and household products. Happy new year to everyone.
    Annual GC £3000- £2600

EF#176 - £1000/£1000
    Weight loss 0/7
    Clutter free challenge 1500/2019
  • thriftmonster
    thriftmonster Posts: 1,712
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Can I join with an budget for January of £200 please? I haven't a clue what it will end up as but that will be good start.

Many thanks
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I’m a tit. £90.32 spent on almost nothing it seems because I did an emotional shop.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,201
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    £150 for me please. It is the month of lots of salad and fruit....
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Off to a good start £11.30 spent today on bargain bread ,rolls and scones among other things all safely in freezer.
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,201
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    And the year starts with £64.41 on a home shopping delivery. So much rubbish in the house to go to work where the boys in the office will eat all the cake and biscuits :) My fridge is to look more like a greengrocers!

For me, nice coffee, lots and lots of fruit and veg, wholegrain bread, a few vegan reay meals (cheaper than justeat..) lots of alpro yogurt tubs while they are on sale (usually have a 2 week min shelf life), loo roll, tc. So tidying up the bits of the storecupboard which are empty!

Veg stirfry tomorrow; back at work on Wednesday so hopefully leftovers; then Wed night I'll do med. veg which makes for a fab sandwich, hot or cold!

Toying with walking to work vs bus to match the healthier diet, will depend how cold it is....
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Mrs_Cheshire Posts: 1,172
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Year starts with a spend of £6.77 on nappies and chicken drumsticks, I bought them yesterday but only started using today so taking out of this budget. My Ald! had bogof on chicken products, had to be 2 the same though, would have bought more but they only had drumsticks or luxury breasts left. 2kg of drumsticks for £1.79 was a good price I thought.
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
  • Josh1994
    Josh1994 Posts: 16
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Going to try this as I have two freezers full of YS meat so should mainly be buying fruit / veg. Usually spend around £30 a week for two of us , so will set the target for £80 for the month. Will be interesting to see how little I can spend as haven’t really tried keeping track of everything before.
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 3,985
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    lil_me wrote: »
    I’m a tit. £90.32 spent on almost nothing it seems because I did an emotional shop.

Tell us about it. We may be able to give you tactics next time one of your triggers is hit. At the very least, talking about it may help you to identify what your triggers are.

Hugs.
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons,
  • lil_me wrote: »

have a big hug. we've all done it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport