Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stevenwright
    • By stevenwright 28th Dec 17, 1:17 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    stevenwright
    Lufthansa delay Sept 2017 still not sorted?
    • 28th Dec 17, 1:17 PM
    Lufthansa delay Sept 2017 still not sorted? 28th Dec 17 at 1:17 PM
    Flight delay Cape Town to Frankfurt 22nd Sept 2017 - anyone received compensation for over 6 hour delay yet?

We received notification from Lufthansa on 21st Sep that the flight was being delayed 6 hours. When we arrived at the airport we were given vouchers and the EC regs on flight delays.
    The claim was input the next day but all we have received each time we have contacted them is 'we are dealing with it and there are a lot of claims. we then referred the case to their ombudsman SoP at the end of November and are being told exactly the same.
    How long should these claims take?
    any ideas or what we do next to resolve this?
    Steve
Page 1
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 28th Dec 17, 1:46 PM
    • 1,337 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    Tyzap
    • 28th Dec 17, 1:46 PM
    • 28th Dec 17, 1:46 PM
    Hi Steve,

I would keep pushing Sop, it is their responsibility to sort this out.

Sop should work to fairly strict timetables for each step of the process, have they been extending these?

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • PaulaMc
    • By PaulaMc 9th Jan 18, 8:55 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PaulaMc
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:55 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 8:55 PM
    I was booked on a Lufthansa flight 01/08/2017. Flighing from Birmingham to Frankfurt then Frankfurt to Orlando. Checked in Board kept saying Flight delayed. At the time we were supposed to flight called through to departures only to be told by Lufthansa staff that flight was cancelled due to a Technical Fault. The Ground staff actually said to my husband you wouldn't want to get on a Plane that wasn't right. We were rushed back through the Airport by staff and we ended back where we had booked in. No cases they had to be returned to us. We had to queue again only to be told they were trying to get us on a flight from Heathrow as we would miss our connecting Flights from Frankfurt to Orlando. We eventually went from Heathrow to Washington then from Washington to Orlando. Arriving at 00.30 the next morning. I have been fighting for compensation since we returned. I spent over 15 on recorded delivery letters to Lufthansa Airline only to have them returned unopened. I have been trying for over 4 months to get compensation. I have had a response from Lufthansa blaming the weather nut that was not what we were told at the time. Can anyone help seem to be going around in Circles.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 9th Jan 18, 10:12 PM
    • 1,337 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    Tyzap
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:12 PM
    • 9th Jan 18, 10:12 PM
    Hi PaulaMc,

Have you entered your flight details into one or two online flight delay calculators yet? it would confirm if the NWNF firms believe you have a valid claim.

The airline love to play letter ping pong, it just delays things in the hope that you will eventually get bored and drop your claim.

If you want to pursue things further, you could use the ADR company https://soep-online.de/100.html or use MCOL.

You can find loads of information in Vaubans guide, see my signature below.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,178Posts Today

7,590Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin