Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 28th Dec 17, 9:04 AM
    • 16,268Posts
    • 138,844Thanks
    JackieO
    New Year, New Plans and Hopes
    • 28th Dec 17, 9:04 AM
    New Year, New Plans and Hopes 28th Dec 17 at 9:04 AM
    Good Morning chums ,well as its almost the end of 2017 what things would you like to see change for the better in the coming year.
    Not so much resolutions, as they are far to easy to forget, and break. But actual plans, hopes and dreams ,be they small or large and why

I am hoping to detox my study of all the old rubbish accumulated over the past year , the projects started, and not finished. The books collected, yet not read.

The upcycling to be done in my conservatory, no more shilly-shallying that stool will get finished off sanding, undercoated and top coated .

The shelf I bought to be put up will jolly well get put up .The mirror that I stuck around with masking tape will be painted and hung. The print I bought back in April will be framed and hung up.Tubs in the garden will get planted with tomatoes instead of bulbs to save me some cash.

enough prevaricating, this is my master plan for 2019, so come on chums what's yours.

doesn't have to be big can be a to-do job that just hasn't been done Pick a few out and write them done and get motivated
    Lets see how many of us can polish a few of them off

JackieO xx
    Last edited by JackieO; 25-01-2018 at 10:32 AM.
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus. 2018
    Half year totals = 166.19. July added equals 204 .29,Todays August food shop added equals 227.75
    1st Sept 34.66:15th Sept 34.44 totals 262.19
Page 11
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 14th Apr 18, 8:50 PM
    • 889 Posts
    • 12,075 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Evening all.
    It's been a lovely day so have been out in the front garden taking down a dwarf conifer. (8ft high by at least 8ft wide, some dwarf that is! ) There are two more like that in the back garden waiting for the chop this year too.
    Most of the new windows are in and so the cleaning/tidying/de-cluttering has begun. Today a radio ( no longer working ) and some old hair straighteners have been binned. The process is slow but it's going in the right direction.
    Hope everyones plans/hopes are still on track. Good luck all.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
    • eandjsmum
    • By eandjsmum 17th Apr 18, 7:32 PM
    • 381 Posts
    • 4,622 Thanks
    eandjsmum
    Hi All

Just to let you know that I am now approaching the end of my second unfinished project.
    I have also had a declutter which I intend to continue with as I quite like the clear spaces.

The garden has been started I have filled up the wheelie bin and two bin bags this weekend this will be ongoing as there is a hell of a lot to tackle.

Budget to be worked through tonight.
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 19th Apr 18, 9:02 PM
    • 889 Posts
    • 12,075 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Good evening folks.
    Today's de-cluttered item....... a large stereo and it's storage unit. The wooden unit has been dismantled and will sit in the shed awaiting a new life as something else. The stereo unfortunately is destined for the tip .
    Good night all. Keep up the good work.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

28Posts Today

3,355Users online

Martin's Twitter