Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Juneau333
    • By Juneau333 27th Dec 17, 9:31 PM
    • 73Posts
    • 27Thanks
    Juneau333
    Messed around by Vodafone!
    • 27th Dec 17, 9:31 PM
    Messed around by Vodafone! 27th Dec 17 at 9:31 PM
    Hi everyone,

I've had a lot of issues with Vodafone the past month. We already have Vodafone broadband at home (been with them since September), but I had an order fraudulently done in my name for broadband again with Vodafone at the same address I live at. I made Vodafone aware that the order was done fraudulently and for them to cancel it, which they said they would sort.

Sadly for whatever reason they didn't cancel it and the dodgy order went live last Wednesday, causing us to lose our original service (number and broadband included), with the fraud order going live with no working broadband. Numerous calls to there broadband and fraud support team followed, with them saying they would cancel the fraud order and restore the original service within 24 hours.

Again, Vodafone didn't do what they were supposed to and after chasing them, they made us aware that they would need to place a new order for broadband and phone (going through OpenReach), little surprise there. I said this was unacceptable as we were going to be without broadband throughout the holidays and told them that we would be moving on.

Currently trying to setup with Sky for broadband but they are unable to process the order due to the services not being fully cancelled off from Vodafone just yet.

Long story I know (apologies!) but I'm wondering where I stand with claiming compensation from Vodafone for the hassle given and any recommendations for getting internet access temporarily (we are quite an internet heavy household). I've seen 4G Wi-Fi plans but don't want to enter into a short contract, even if it is just for a month.

Many thanks!
Page 1
    • JimArnold
    • By JimArnold 29th Dec 17, 5:58 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    JimArnold
    • 29th Dec 17, 5:58 PM
    • 29th Dec 17, 5:58 PM
    I had similar problems when transferring to Vodabone - after a week without broadband (BT cancelled ny BB when they transferred my line) and several angry phone calls Vodabone offered me a mobile dongle with 50GB of data - all at their cost
    I had a few problems getting it - they suggested going into the local vodabone shop who refused to just add it to my acoount or call Vodabone BB to confirm so I had to cough up the 30 cost which was then refunded as was the monthly charge
    Oh and despite confirming TWICE that now I had working BB I didn't need the mobile they tried to charge me a second month

The BB is actually quite good - decent router speed etc but their customer service is absolute !!!!
    the mobile 4g wasnt bad either or at least it was in my area
    TANSTAAFL !
    • Pescur
    • By Pescur 30th Dec 17, 4:11 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Pescur
    • 30th Dec 17, 4:11 PM
    • 30th Dec 17, 4:11 PM
    Hi everyone,

I've had a lot of issues with Vodafone the past month. We already have Vodafone broadband at home (been with them since September), but I had an order fraudulently done in my name for broadband again with Vodafone at the same address I live at. I made Vodafone aware that the order was done fraudulently and for them to cancel it, which they said they would sort.

Sadly for whatever reason they didn't cancel it and the dodgy order went live last Wednesday, causing us to lose our original service (number and broadband included), with the fraud order going live with no working broadband. Numerous calls to there broadband and fraud support team followed, with them saying they would cancel the fraud order and restore the original service within 24 hours.

Again, Vodafone didn't do what they were supposed to and after chasing them, they made us aware that they would need to place a new order for broadband and phone (going through OpenReach), little surprise there. I said this was unacceptable as we were going to be without broadband throughout the holidays and told them that we would be moving on.

Currently trying to setup with Sky for broadband but they are unable to process the order due to the services not being fully cancelled off from Vodafone just yet.

Long story I know (apologies!) but I'm wondering where I stand with claiming compensation from Vodafone for the hassle given and any recommendations for getting internet access temporarily (we are quite an internet heavy household). I've seen 4G Wi-Fi plans but don't want to enter into a short contract, even if it is just for a month.

Many thanks!
    Originally posted by Juneau333

I was considering the Vodafone Fibre deal at 20 a month but it turned out to be 25 a month plus packed with charges, so no thanks.

I do not understand what is in it for a fraudster to order broadband at your home, or how they even could if Vodafone were the incumbent supplier, were they going to send themselves an email saying they were taking over the line.
    • wadge
    • By wadge 31st Dec 17, 6:49 PM
    • 141 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    wadge
    • 31st Dec 17, 6:49 PM
    • 31st Dec 17, 6:49 PM
    You are not alone in mess ups by Voda. I cancelled two days after signing up (was weeks away from the connection date) to stay with BT. They didn't cancel the order properly and it still went to OpenReach who disconnected me from BT on my 'go live' date. This left me with no service with either BT or Voda from 18/12/2017. I had to sign up to BT as a new customer and have been given a go live date of 04/01/2018.

We have been given a data SIM by Voda but the reception here is pretty bad, but better than no data. Because of the bad reception, I use an EE signal booster for my mobile, this is wired only so at home I don't get mobile reception now. Still, only a few days to go now.

Voda lied to me on several occasions. In the first week, I was speaking with them for around 1.5 hours a day hearing different lies. In the end, I had to record calls to use as evidence of contradicting information and lies.
  • Vodafone
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:36 AM
    • 10th Jan 18, 11:36 AM
    Hi Juneau333 and wadge,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties that you've both recently experienced.

If your complaints remain unresolved, please email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,025Posts Today

7,942Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin