Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fewgroats
    • By fewgroats 26th Dec 17, 3:45 PM
    • 447Posts
    • 275Thanks
    fewgroats
    The 10 Ask & Answer Challenge.
    • 26th Dec 17, 3:45 PM
    The 10 Ask & Answer Challenge. 26th Dec 17 at 3:45 PM
    For this challenge you have to receive help from 10 people BUT you have to ask them, people doing it without being asked doesn't count. Nor can all these 10 people be online.

Is anyone up to the challenge?
    Last edited by fewgroats; 26-12-2017 at 7:08 PM.
    ASK & ANSWER CHALLENGE. ASKS:3. ANSWER: 2.
Page 1
    • martindow
    • By martindow 27th Dec 17, 12:06 PM
    • 7,584 Posts
    • 4,312 Thanks
    martindow
    • 27th Dec 17, 12:06 PM
    • 27th Dec 17, 12:06 PM
    I'm baffled. What is the purpose of this?
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 27th Dec 17, 12:23 PM
    • 16,751 Posts
    • 9,934 Thanks
    motorguy
    • 27th Dec 17, 12:23 PM
    • 27th Dec 17, 12:23 PM
    I'm baffled. What is the purpose of this?
    Originally posted by martindow
    Me too?

Googling it doesnt help either.
    "We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem."
    • fewgroats
    • By fewgroats 27th Dec 17, 8:09 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    fewgroats
    • 27th Dec 17, 8:09 PM
    • 27th Dec 17, 8:09 PM
    This is the small business and charity thread, does that help?

I can't see how it is fundamentally different from "obtaining X amount of money" or "not buy toiletries". Help is help.
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 27th Dec 17, 9:15 PM
    • 2,647 Posts
    • 1,723 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 27th Dec 17, 9:15 PM
    • 27th Dec 17, 9:15 PM
    Originally posted by fewgroats

No - give us another clue .
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 27th Dec 17, 9:27 PM
    • 2,647 Posts
    • 1,723 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 27th Dec 17, 9:27 PM
    • 27th Dec 17, 9:27 PM

No - give us another clue .
    Never pay on an estimated bill
    • 00ec25
    • By 00ec25 27th Dec 17, 9:28 PM
    • 6,513 Posts
    • 6,069 Thanks
    00ec25
    • 27th Dec 17, 9:28 PM
    • 27th Dec 17, 9:28 PM
    Help is help.
    too vague, define what "help" is, since help can be in many forms
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 28th Dec 17, 11:43 AM
    • 16,751 Posts
    • 9,934 Thanks
    motorguy
    • 28th Dec 17, 11:43 AM
    • 28th Dec 17, 11:43 AM

I can't see how it is fundamentally different from "obtaining X amount of money" or "not buy toiletries". Help is help.
    Is there any reason why you're speaking in riddles?

You might get better responses if you actually tell us what you're talking about?
    "We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem."
    • fewgroats
    • By fewgroats 28th Dec 17, 6:22 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    fewgroats
    • 28th Dec 17, 6:22 PM
    • 28th Dec 17, 6:22 PM
    I'm fed up with people wanting explanation to an obvious challenge. I'm just going to try and find 10 people to help with my small business/freelancing and if you don't understand, don't bother with the challenge.
    Last edited by fewgroats; 28-12-2017 at 6:56 PM.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 28th Dec 17, 7:32 PM
    • 16,751 Posts
    • 9,934 Thanks
    motorguy
    I'm fed up with people wanting explanation to an obvious challenge. I'm just going to try and find 10 people to help with my small business/freelancing and if you don't understand, don't bother with the challenge.
    Firstly, why not just say that in the first place?

Secondly, with an attitude like yours, i can see why (a) your business needs help, and (b) you're unlikely to get it.
    • FatVonD
    • By FatVonD 29th Dec 17, 2:54 AM
    • 5,119 Posts
    • 20,652 Thanks
    FatVonD
    I think I get it, so it's to encourage you to seek help or advice from a new source that will hopefully open new doors? So I could, for instance, take my goods to a local shop to ask for feedback, speak to the council about a business grant, enquire about craft fairs, etc.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
    • martindow
    • By martindow 29th Dec 17, 10:16 AM
    • 7,584 Posts
    • 4,312 Thanks
    martindow
    It's not one of these pyramid chain schemes is it? Where you get people to pay in a sum of money with the prospect of receiving lots more money as chains of people join. Here's an example

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29250910

If so it would explain why the OP is a little coy in spelling out the details.
    • 00ec25
    • By 00ec25 29th Dec 17, 10:20 AM
    • 6,513 Posts
    • 6,069 Thanks
    00ec25
    and we are fed up of scammers and vague posts
    Last edited by 00ec25; 29-12-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    • FestiveJoy
    • By FestiveJoy 29th Dec 17, 1:16 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    FestiveJoy
    For this challenge you have to receive help from 10 people BUT you have to ask them, people doing it without being asked doesn't count. Nor can all these 10 people be online.

Is anyone up to the challenge?
    I, for one, understood exactly what you meant when you posted this.
    I thought this was a great business idea when you posted it Boxing Day.
    And hell yeah, I was up for the challenge!

I've already set up the website (I know I'm not allowed to post details here, but anyone interested could always try Google )
    I set the charges at £250 for those that are wanting help - quite a bargain if they then get 10 people to help them don't you think?

At this festive time of year, there are always those willing to provide help to others, but often these willing volunteers just don't know who to help.
    So I register volunteers for £10 each, and charge then charge £5 for each person we put them in touch and who they subsequently volunteer their assistence to.

We've only been live for about 36hours so far and already have a couple of customers needing assistence, and a fabulous (and astonishing) number of volunteers have already registered with us.

I do wonder if the amount of volunteers registering will continue at it's current pace once the festive season of goodwill is over.
    But thank you so much for this business idea - it looks like a corker!

This time next year, I might be a millionaire!

• martindow
    • By martindow 29th Dec 17, 1:21 PM
    • 7,584 Posts
    • 4,312 Thanks
    martindow
    I, for one, understood exactly what you meant when you posted this.
    I thought this was a great business idea when you posted it Boxing Day.
    And hell yeah, I was up for the challenge!

I've already set up the website (I know I'm not allowed to post details here, but anyone interested could always try Google )
    I set the charges at £250 for those that are wanting help - quite a bargain if they then get 10 people to help them don't you think?

At this festive time of year, there are always those willing to provide help to others, but often these willing volunteers just don't know who to help.
    So I register volunteers for £10 each, and charge then charge £5 for each person we put them in touch and who they subsequently volunteer their assistence to.

We've only been live for about 36hours so far and already have a couple of customers needing assistence, and a fabulous (and astonishing) number of volunteers have already registered with us.

I do wonder if the amount of volunteers registering will continue at it's current pace once the festive season of goodwill is over.
    But thank you so much for this business idea - it looks like a corker!

This time next year, I might be a millionaire!

Originally posted by FestiveJoy
    I'm now even more baffled
    Last edited by martindow; 29-12-2017 at 1:23 PM.
    • fewgroats
    • By fewgroats 3rd Jan 18, 1:45 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 275 Thanks
    fewgroats
    Update:

Ask

Work, 1 Ask (online)
    County-wide: 2 Asks (online)

Answers

Work: 1 Answer (online).
    County-wide: 1 Answer (online).

The county-wide one was the library services, a good place to research how your local area (or county) does things. Still need an offline answer.

In responding to feedback from forum users I have kept this vague(!)
    • phill99
    • By phill99 4th Jan 18, 8:31 PM
    • 8,096 Posts
    • 7,320 Thanks
    phill99
    Well if we don't keep the chain letter going some puppies somewhere will die.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
    • 00ec25
    • By 00ec25 5th Jan 18, 7:37 PM
    • 6,513 Posts
    • 6,069 Thanks
    00ec25
    Well if we don't keep the chain letter going some puppies somewhere will die.
    Originally posted by phill99
    excellent, new crop of poo leavers removed. Result

ooops I just saved some, my bad
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,156Posts Today

8,066Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin