Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mimi Arc en ciel
    • By Mimi Arc en ciel 24th Dec 17, 11:28 PM
    • 4,501Posts
    • 5,805Thanks
    Mimi Arc en ciel
    Boots Sale
    • 24th Dec 17, 11:28 PM
    Boots Sale 24th Dec 17 at 11:28 PM
    Now on but taking ages to go through check out....

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Fri 9 Feb: Speculation as to when Boots will boost its 'up to 70% off sale' to 'up to 90% off' has been around for a few weeks. Here's our Boots sale write-up with all the info we have so far, we'll update it when we know more.

Big thanks to Mimi Arc en ciel for starting the discussion!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Rhiannon; 09-02-2018 at 11:08 AM.
    Very proud mummy of 2!
Page 30
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 11th Feb 18, 4:22 PM
    • 6,974 Posts
    • 49,108 Thanks
    kerri gt
    18 Zoella calendars left in Arnison Centre, Durham

Quick - grab one while you can!!!
    Originally posted by catswiththumbs
    Oh darn...if only I was closer

I love Xmas shopping early, I'm very much a list writer and a planner. There's some l leave til closer to the time ..which always stress me out so I couldn't leave everyone's til late.

I am going to miss this thread when we're archived.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• lily117
    • By lily117 11th Feb 18, 4:31 PM
    • 549 Posts
    • 680 Thanks
    lily117
    Loads of the calendars left in Swansea this afternoon.
    • Spendless
    • By Spendless 11th Feb 18, 5:40 PM
    • 20,051 Posts
    • 33,094 Thanks
    Spendless
    I called in my local branch today. 14 Zoella calendars and 3 boxes of chocs left.

Sorry, but I'm not buying a 2nd calendar.

There was a Zoella backpack in Boots Christmas 2016. It contained a travel mug, a (different!) key-ring! and I *think* pencils, though they may have been bought separately. I bought them in the 70% off sale last year and gave them to DD this Christmas. I bought it her because bags are a another thing we clash over as she couldn't see why I had a problem with her going out to another part of the town with her iphone firmly in one hand and her purse sticking out her backpocket! I've seen stationery items before though I'm not sure if these have only been on sale at Christmas time.

It was a cardboard gondala thing in Superdrug I saw yesterday with the Zoella stock, emblazoned with the words 'exclusive to Superdrug.'I didn't linger long enough to look at the items, though I *think* bath fizzers were on the display.
    • Blueyez
    • By Blueyez 11th Feb 18, 6:27 PM
    • 2,647 Posts
    • 18,366 Thanks
    Blueyez
    I called in my local branch today. 14 Zoella calendars and 3 boxes of chocs left.

Sorry, but I'm not buying a 2nd calendar.

There was a Zoella backpack in Boots Christmas 2016. It contained a travel mug, a (different!) key-ring! and I *think* pencils, though they may have been bought separately. I bought them in the 70% off sale last year and gave them to DD this Christmas. I bought it her because bags are a another thing we clash over as she couldn't see why I had a problem with her going out to another part of the town with her iphone firmly in one hand and her purse sticking out her backpocket! I've seen stationery items before though I'm not sure if these have only been on sale at Christmas time.

It was a cardboard gondala thing in Superdrug I saw yesterday with the Zoella stock, emblazoned with the words 'exclusive to Superdrug.'I didn't linger long enough to look at the items, though I *think* bath fizzers were on the display.
    Originally posted by Spendless
    Ah, I remember the backpack now! My sister is the same-I think her IPhone is surgically attached to her hand and damn everything else- that girl has had more door keys than I've had hot dinners.
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 11th Feb 18, 9:33 PM
    • 6,974 Posts
    • 49,108 Thanks
    kerri gt
    Oh god. That reminds me of a Chinese guy I saw in the tube once, plugged into his iPod, backpack wide open with wallet, phone and goodness knows what else, just missing a neon sign saying 'easy pickings'. His mum saw me sadly shake my head and got the jist, saying something to him along the lines of 'zip your bag' . Perhaps it was too many years of mis spent youth being in the big smoke but I swear I would never have done that as a teen.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Africat
    • By Africat 11th Feb 18, 11:54 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 1,430 Thanks
    Africat
    Also remember *that backpack* and those naff keying's sold separately which were one of the few things left at 90% off last year.

This is quickly turning into a 'take the !!!! out of Zoella thread' now the fun of the sale is over. Poor old Zoella
    • Africat
    • By Africat 12th Feb 18, 7:20 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 1,430 Thanks
    Africat
    My mother starts the next Christmas on Christmas day it's self! She sits down after dinner while we watch TV and makes her lists. Only once in my life have I known her to not have Christmas gifts done by the first week in December and she vowed never again after that. She has the food done by the second week. All planned like a military operation
    Originally posted by Blueyez
    Have to admit I'm pretty organised too; I buy presents throughout the year and save for Christmas and Birthday's, I just see things I know people will like when I'm not really looking so I get them; all the better if it's a bargain as they get more for the money. Boot's sale gift sets just act as stocking fillers...

All the gifts I get are when I'm not really look for something; if I went out with the intention of looking for a present for someone I just wouldn't find anything, that's the way it goes

My Christmas is much less stressful doing it this way too.
    • ladybabe
    • By ladybabe 13th Feb 18, 4:33 PM
    • 364 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    ladybabe
    5 zoella calenders in sheffield, took a punt and to be honest at 40p per item i thought why not

also lucy mecklenburgh in the zone gift set 150ml body wash 150ml body lotion and running armband 1.60 nice gift for a friend who has took up running

other bits in sale mainly looked damaged

forgot to mention downstairs on reduced to clear several items of make-up, hair colour and damaged gift box stuff
    Last edited by ladybabe; 13-02-2018 at 11:59 PM.
    Only debt left the mortgage now to clear that asap :-)
    • Lavendar
    • By Lavendar 14th Feb 18, 6:28 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Lavendar
    Boots
    Did pop into my local biggish Boots last Friday lots of wrapping paper rather nice especially the dog one with matching tags. Can't remember when I last paid full price for wrapping paper from various places including M&S. Got some of the gym stuff for various people who use the gym as little extras. Lots of those calendars. The next day got some Zoella reed diffusers and the sock and candle set in Ilford plus some soap and glory single use shower things for 80p not bad. Plenty of calendars! Yesterday in Stratford they had piles of calendars didn't get one maybe for 3 would consider it as a silly present. All over for another year unless I see a very battered large soap and glory for me even if something is missing!
    • Africat
    • By Africat 14th Feb 18, 7:32 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 1,430 Thanks
    Africat
    All the Lucy M stuff has gone in mine now, just a load of roll wrap and some other random thing in a flat black box that I didn't even know or care what it was and plenty of those calendars; don't seem to be moving at all

Do we think they'll get reduced again it sent to charity maybe?
    • kerri gt
    • By kerri gt 14th Feb 18, 7:35 PM
    • 6,974 Posts
    • 49,108 Thanks
    kerri gt

Do we think they'll get reduced again it sent to charity maybe?
    Originally posted by Africat
    Or try flogging them again this year
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Africat
    • By Africat 14th Feb 18, 8:14 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 1,430 Thanks
    Africat
    Or try flogging them again this year
    Originally posted by kerri gt
    Hope not; the staff must be sick of the sight of them
    • Africat
    • By Africat 15th Feb 18, 9:42 AM
    • 910 Posts
    • 1,430 Thanks
    Africat
    Well, looks like we've come to the end of it again for another year so I guess it's time to say goodbye; until we meet again on next years sale thread where I'm sure It'll still be all the 'regulars' and naturally I'll swear I'm not going mad this time but still end up spending more than I did the year before

I don't do the 'Star Gift' thread as don't consider them bargains so unlikely I'll bump into any of you on there

See you all after Christmas....
    • sweetpea33
    • By sweetpea33 15th Feb 18, 9:47 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    sweetpea33
    Bye Bye Until Next Year. I must say I really enjoy the lead up to the 70% sale but the quality has been getting worse and worse each year. There were better items when they did 75% off.
    • sampan26
    • By sampan26 15th Feb 18, 11:02 AM
    • 606 Posts
    • 1,189 Thanks
    sampan26
    Byeeee its been a fun one, as the stuff was laughable! See you next year though!
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 15th Feb 18, 10:29 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 414 Thanks
    Figgi
    Bye till next year.

@Storck says bye too but their password has locked them out
    • kadison
    • By kadison 16th Feb 18, 12:00 AM
    • 3,465 Posts
    • 55,661 Thanks
    kadison
    Bye guys!
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2018
    I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it - Groucho Marx
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 20th Feb 18, 2:55 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 414 Thanks
    Figgi
    Someone seems to have jumped the gun with this.

It ends tonight.

Might be worth a look on the clearance for anything this is reduced more
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 20th Feb 18, 9:31 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 414 Thanks
    Figgi
    Boots Sale Clearance
    Boots 90% Sale officially ended today but stores have been given tomorrow to try and clear stock at whatever price they can get.

So it may be worth a look at the clearance section tomorrow only.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 26th Feb 18, 9:15 AM
    • 23,787 Posts
    • 61,897 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Not so much the sale, but Boots have lip salves on 3 for 2

Burt's Bees work out at 2.66 each, then. The only salve that works for me.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,371Posts Today

6,351Users online

Martin's Twitter