Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 3forholidays
    • By 3forholidays 24th Dec 17, 7:08 PM
    • 1,232Posts
    • 13,179Thanks
    3forholidays
    * Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread
    • 24th Dec 17, 7:08 PM
    * Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread 24th Dec 17 at 7:08 PM
    !!!8216;Rockin' around the Christmas tree
    At the Christmas party hop
    Mistletoe hung where you can see
    Every couple tries to stop

Rockin' around the Christmas tree
    Let the Christmas spirit ring
    Later we'll have some pumpkin pie
    And we'll do some caroling!!!8217;

Hello and welcome to the 7th Christmas Chatter Thread.

It!!!8217;s hard to believe that another year has gone and we are almost at the big event that we have spent so long planning and preparing for! But this thread is about so much more than Christmas but about the whole year with all the ups and downs, as well as the bits in between.

NOTE - For all new people please don't lurk, but come and join in with all the chatter. We are all a little mad (about Christmas!), but not dangerous.

The following posts will be made up of all the links saved from last year with new ones added as we go.
    This will hopefully make it easier in October/November when we are all looking for them.

Please let me know if any become out of date or if you would like your birthday added to the list

Thanks to all posters on the previous threads !!!8211; the thread is only a success because of your contributions!

So on that note it is over to you and roll on Christmas 2018!

Our Birthdays

JANUARY
    Newthrift 18th
    Clumsy42 28th

FEBRUARY
    murie 24th
    junior_j 25th

MARCH
    vulpix 12th

APRIL
    quidsy 23rd
    princesskitty29 29th

MAY
    pixtotts 4th
    Opee92 13th
    jakes-mum 19th
    Girl in a Yellow Dress 21st

JUNE
    Nic2075 1st
    04624181 13th
    dropsofjupiter 22nd
    msgigglewick 23rd

JULY
    mrs-moneypenny 17th
    Hanley25 19th

AUGUST
    Treasurequeen 12th
    patentgirl 30th

SEPTEMBER
    Spendless 28th
    whitesatin 28th

OCTOBER
    freespirit66 1st

NOVEMBER
    Peppapig 1st
    mrsinvisable 7th
    pinknfluffy28 28th

DECEMBER
    FeistyFidget 14th
    3forholidays 15th
    CHRISSYG 25th !!!!!!!!
    Last edited by 3forholidays; 31-12-2017 at 2:55 PM.
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 SPC 11 - £955 (as at Apr'18)
Page 20
    • jakes-mum
    • By jakes-mum 16th May 18, 7:05 PM
    • 4,427 Posts
    • 42,933 Thanks
    jakes-mum
    Afternoon Christmassy people

Well did my weigh in on Saturday (because I forgot to do it on the monday ) and I have lost 1lb 12oz (which I mostly put down to the lady issues but im not complaining!) and DH has lost another 4lbs bringing his total weightloss to 9lbs 10oz in 4 weeks i'd like to say we are sticking to the whole slimfast thing . . but we are not, we're just trying to make healthier choices, stop eating biscuits and move a bit more and (for DH at least) it seems to be working

Thank you for your lovely thoughts about my ESA, my Doctor did write me a letter which i've posted off recorded to them so am now just waiting for them to write back. And to top off my PIP /ESA misery, DH's PIP decision dropped on the mat and they've down graded his care side so, yup, i'm doing his mandatory reconsideration too Wrote them a nice long letter walking them through a day in my life dealing with his care needs to go in with the MR form, hope the assessor feels awful when he reads it and gets a glimpse of what life with a person with physical and mental health issues is like

Anyway, not dwelling on that! done what I can and have firmly decided to put both his and mine in a box in my mind until I have to deal with it again when their next letter turns up. Spent too long rolling it round my head, keeping myself awake, am not doing that any more! got weight to lose! can't be comfort eating my worries away!

Ahh ChrissyG that company sounds terrible! is there no-one you can take it further with? like an ombudsman / trading standards type entity?

Royal wedding! oh now I am decidedly torn by the whole thing, I love William and Harry and am a self confessed 'prince' internet stalker was glued to the tv for all 3 births of williams children, william and catherines marriage, BUT . . . Harry has picked MY BIRTHDAY! as his wedding day! talk about stealing my thunder! at least it wasn't my 40th or I may have had to write to him . . . I will no doubt try and catch bits of it but we always do a meal out on birthdays so if it clashes with the actual wedding time i'll have to sneak updates via my phone depends how organised the kids can be about getting ready at lunchtime . . might hide their shoes

Oh PrincessKitty are you DH and I birthday twins? such a shame about your cruise, I would love to do one but get seasick on a lake so am a bit reluctant to try and have gone so far as to find the best rooms for no rocking motion

Not a lot of christmassy stuff going on, i've gone back to my surveys with gov.uk to try and get my £50 to put in the christmas pot. DD has asked for 'lego and money please' so thats nice and easy DS will probably want most of JD Sports *rolls eyes*, its his birthday in 2 weeks (which he has reminded me repeatedly of . . always seems to forget its my birthday first!) but already got that sorted out, just need to buy him cards, both my sisters cards, nephew card and nieces card as we all very conveniently have our birthdays within a 4 week period my mother really loved my eldest sister and I for that one

I feel a supernatural marathon coming on, so I shall send you all christmassy hugs and will try to not take so long to come back on!
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) 0/£1000
    Total Wins Of 2012 = £3015.03 Wins Of 2013 = £4427.11 Wins of 2014 = £2361.97 Wins of 2015 = £1754.90 Wins of 2016 £267.98 Wins of 2017 £25 Wins of 2018 £59
    • CHRISSYG
    • By CHRISSYG 17th May 18, 9:36 AM
    • 5,709 Posts
    • 16,418 Thanks
    CHRISSYG
    [QUOTE=jakes-mum;74293940]
    Ahh ChrissyG that company sounds terrible! is there no-one you can take it further with? like an ombudsman / trading standards type entity?

I contacted the CQC but apparently they don't cover them so i am writing to their local councils safeguarding team .

Christmas wise i bought my dads trainers so its a start lol .
    Karma bus the most satisfying ride in town
    • mrsinvisible
    • By mrsinvisible 17th May 18, 9:56 AM
    • 1,263 Posts
    • 13,085 Thanks
    mrsinvisible
    zoom! it feels like l should be breathless from all the activity on here!
    Christmas, well, l don't do movies so the only 2 l could choose from are polar express,and the snowman, so... the snowman just wins. Fave food? rum butter, made to my grans recipe, (also makes me remember lots of things about her, and Christmas when l make it.) Decoration l cant get rid of? a table centre my DD made at playgroup when she was 3. (paper plate, a silver painted twig stuck in cotton wool covered blue tack, and a circle of cardboard cut out children in a circle holding hands round it.)
    Tradition? putting a special, small gift inside the cheap and cheerful crackers for the dinner table.
    Game? no special one, just the ones the nibs get, different each year.
    Song on repeat play? Stop the Cavalry or Fairytail of New York.

Royal Wedding? l'd rather watch paint dry (bah, humbug!) It just crossed my mind that the 'nobs' with money to spare are getting a sumptuous meal provided, while the deserving public invited to the 'picnic' (for the TV cameras) have to provide their own food. Something wrong there.
    Chrissy, sorry the holiday for DD was so awful, don't let them away with it isn't there an ombudsman?
    Jakes-Mum, really feel for you through all this, The M R process is such a waste of time, just in the system to create another hurdle in the hopes that people will lose umph, and not go to tribunal. Currently one friend has just had their M R result, no change, so tribunal here we come, his friend is waiting for their result, and another friend at last has her tribunal date. The mental anguish and stress of this process is unforgivable, and the knock on effect to families too.
    The sun is shining, the garden is calling me, l am truly not as grumpy as l sound, hope you all have a lovely weekend, with birthdays and weddings and afternoon teas, or however you spend it. xx
    • CHRISSYG
    • By CHRISSYG 17th May 18, 1:30 PM
    • 5,709 Posts
    • 16,418 Thanks
    CHRISSYG
    Chrissy, sorry the holiday for DD was so awful, don't let them away with it isn't there an ombudsman?

You would have thought so , ive posted a letter and a shed load of evidence to their local safeguarding unit .

Ive posted about it on the vent board and surprise surprise two newbies have joined just to defend them! One quoted word for word what one of the directors said in a email lol .
    Dumb as a box of rocks,
    • princesskitty29
    • By princesskitty29 18th May 18, 10:27 AM
    • 885 Posts
    • 11,945 Thanks
    princesskitty29
    Hi all, Iím sitting here a bit stressed this morning because Iím part of a dreaded pre-school Ďcommitteeí! The town I live in has a carnival every year and if you want your child to be on the pre-school float then you had to join the committee. I donít mind that so much but thereís only 3 weeks to go and it is not organised at all!! People keep piping up with things that no-one is answering, also talking about how theyíre done floats before that won etc. Iíve been trying to get the ball rolling on a few things, weíre all on a Whatsapp group, but nothing is getting decided and itís all getting a bit political. Someone needs to take control! There, thatís my vent over. Are school committeeís always like this? Itís put me off a bit joining one in the future.

freespirit do you know what I think I remember you saying you have a McDonaldís on Christmas Eve! Ours is a new tradition but I think weíll keep doing it, just pop out for a quick lunch. Yes our neighbour was very inconsiderate, he also sat outside with his mates until about 10pm the following two nights making loads of noise. That was also a pain, as I really wanted an early night as Iíd lost so much sleep but they were too noisy, plus it was hot and we couldnít open the windows because of the noise. His mates also beeped their horns loads when they were leaving, clearly just trying to wind the neighbours up. DH messaged him directly on social media and contacted his football club and I think heís a bit spooked that we know who he is and that his mum lives there. You should definitely go on a cruise if you can, even if itís only a mini one as itís a lovely experience.

CHRISSYG How frustrating getting a reply like that, it is all so easy to blame the child instead of taking the blame themselves. I quite like a coach holiday, I know itís a longer journey but feels easier somehow!

Peppapig all the Royal Wedding talk is passing me by a bit this year. It is DHís birthday tomorrow so Iím not sure how much weíll watch as heís not overly bothered! Wills and Kate got married on my birthday in 2011, we watched the wedding in the morning Ė we had union jack bunting and I baked scones but I havenít planned anything this year. I might buy a few scones and clotted cream for tomorrow as DH loves them so it could be a treat for his birthday too!

jakes-mum yes you are birthday twins with my DH! As I said Wills and Kate stole my thunder in 2011, I couldnít see my friends until the afternoon to celebrate as everyone was watching the wedding!! I think you should give the cruise a go, my DH gets sick with ANY kind of motion but has been fine on the two mini cruises weíve been on. Theyíre so big that you donít often feel any movement and rooms towards the middle of the ship are better for this. Thatís one of the reasons we only did a two nighter initially in case DH got sick.

mrsinvisible Yes youíre right about the public providing their own picnic, youíd think if they got a special invite that something would be provided Ė they have enough money after all! I am very much divided with the royal family, on the one hand I like having one and the prestige that goes with it, but on the other it feels a bit wrong to have such a wealthy family at the head of state with various large estates when there are so many living in poverty.
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 18th May 18, 1:42 PM
    • 3,698 Posts
    • 16,116 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Roll on tomorrow, the ordeal will finally be over. I am not a royalist by any stretch of the imagination, so I have had enough of all the coverage. Loved the stupidity of those invited due to their work eliminating the use of plastic and were told to take a picnic with plastic utensils

Not done anything Christmassy recently, although I did buy my mum a mug as her silly gift. Clintons have Mr/Mrs/Miss mugs with an initial, as she regularly gets referred to as Mrs H, it had to be bought!

Sorry to read of all the carp news, it is a pain when bureaucracy thinks it more important than the real people it affects.
    A smile costs little but creates much
    • By 04624181 19th May 18, 10:15 AM
    • 539 Posts
    • 6,307 Thanks
    Good Morning everybody,

Another glorious day here, the washer is on, kids are fed and hubby is out doing the shopping. DD and I are having an afternoon tea whist watching the royal wedding. Her school has done a lot of celebrations leading up to this so we are looking forward to watching the wedding. DD was 8 last weekend and had a sleepover with her cousins attending. We watched Greatest showman and played games. Lots of fun was had. I started with tonsillitis on sunday so went to GPs on Monday and he gave me antibiotics. Hospital appt was on weds. I was convinced there was nothing wrong as I have not heard anything since my MRI 6 weeks ago. Imagine my surprise to find out there are 3 things wrong with my foot and I now have a huge moon boot to wear to stop me from weight bearing. I need physio urgently but their waiting list is 16-20 weeks long! I cannot have it at my local hospital as they do not do the shockwave therapy I need. I had to choose which ailment I wanted treating first as they all need different treatment. Have booked in with a private physio for monday to get me started as I cannot risk losing my job, 6 months off and I have only just received a diagnosis!! House sale is rallying on now, we have completed solicitors paperwork and dropped it back off to solicitor. Have still not seen anywhere we want to buy so we are starting to consider renting as the sale could be complete in 8 weeks. Boxes are going to start to be packed next week!

LMG1305- Love your answers. Where are you going for a holiday?
    We have postponed ours until next year. We had booked to go to Devon but I want to be able to walk and enjoy it so with the house move imminent and the funky moon boot we decided to postpone.
    KerriGT- LOve your answers too. Hope you are ok xx
    Princesskitty29- I think we should hange your name to party planner LOL. May is a busy month for us with Birthdays. Got my Grans, father in law,DD, Mother in law, 2 nieces and cousins wife and other cousins husband. Great Christmas finds too x
    Free- Aw my DDs birthday was sunday too, our kids are birthday twins. Great answers for the Christmas questions.
    Chrissyg- Great work with the advent gifts. Ridiculous what you are having to go through with the holiday complaint. I really hope you manage to get it sorted out as it really is not on. Is there any watchdog they affiliated with or local council safeguarding? Health and safety etc? Sorry just read further on the forum and saw you have written that already lol
    Peppa- I only watched Mrs Miracle because you told me about it last year and I loved them both.Myself and DD will be watching the royal wedding, we cannot wait.
    jakes-mum- Well done on the weight loss. So sorry you are going through all this stress with the ESA and PIP. The government have no clue when it comes to real people claiming what they are entitled to. My sick pay is up now and I have been advised to claim for ESA and im dreading it.I would be Interested to hear more about the surveys you do please. I could maybe start doing them whilst I am off to earn some Christmas cash.
    Mrs Invisible-Your DDs centre piece sounds lovely and what a lovely item for you to bring out every year.Fab answers to the Christmas questions
    GTQ- A fab find with the mug at clintons, sounds like a fab gift.
    Last edited by 04624181; 26-05-2018 at 9:53 AM.
    • Treasurequeen
    • By Treasurequeen 19th May 18, 11:33 AM
    • 355 Posts
    • 3,786 Thanks
    Treasurequeen
    My esa reassessment form came through the door yesterday so Iíve got to fill the booklet in and find my evidence. Slightly dreading it but evidence proves I canít work and my health has got worse since last time. Pip was a nightmare last year I had to apply for a Mandatory notice. My carers money also got stopped and it took them 8 weeks to reconsider it.

I will be watching the wedding with a nice cuppa tea in my bone China teacup. Only get it out when itís special occasion. Also got some kettle crisps and chocolate to munch on. I was umming and arghing about watching it but my nan was a royalist so I will watch it for her.
    The £1000 emergency fund challenge #223
    Pay for birthdays and Christmas 2018 with surveys #17
    2018 Frugal Living Challenge #44
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2018~ 11 #40
    £2 saver club #26 £104
    July Grocery challenge £48/£200
    • CHRISSYG
    • By CHRISSYG 19th May 18, 11:52 AM
    • 5,709 Posts
    • 16,418 Thanks
    CHRISSYG
    Well I have finally started Christmas shopping managed to get Dads trainers from mandmdirect . It!s a start lol . Also got a rather large basket on Amazon .

Im not watching the wedding as I!m at work but Im sure it will be repeated enough for me to get the general idea of how it went.
    Last edited by CHRISSYG; 21-05-2018 at 10:36 AM.
    • By 04624181 21st May 18, 8:47 AM
    • 539 Posts
    • 6,307 Thanks
    Good Morning All,

Another glorious day of sunshine.Washer is on its 2nd load and the dog wants to sunbathe all day LOL.
    We loved the Royal Wedding, DD and I watched all of it and I loved seeing them very much in love and gazing into each others eyes. A very personal and emotional service. Holding hands and smiling at each other. Loved it.
    Managed to use the afternoon to pack a suitcase of DDs and my winter clothes and shoes. Also managed to fill 1 black bag with rubbish and 3 black bags with clothes for charity shop. DD has grown out of so many things. I got rid of some clothes that were too big, have now lost 30lbs in 6 weeks with this diet. Love it x
    Still not seen a house but God has a plan so I will wait patiently and see what unfolds.
    Started my Christmas notebook, only on the first page. Wanted to write in what Christmas means to us so have done it in my best handwriting and different colours. It was quite relaxing and therapeutic,really enjoyed it. Going to wait until I pack the Christmas things so I can update my book accordingly. I cannot believe how much "stuff" is in this house. So many gifts we got DD she has never played with. I am not doing it this year. If she does not choose it, I will get her vouchers and take her shopping instead. Same with DS.

Treasurequeen- I hope the paperwork goes smoothly this time and you dont encounter any problems. I dont think they understand the impact their paperwork rules have on us "real people"
    ChrissyG- Excellent start on your Christmas shopping x

Hope you ok Murie, Vulpix xxx
    • CHRISSYG
    • By CHRISSYG 21st May 18, 10:35 AM
    • 5,709 Posts
    • 16,418 Thanks
    CHRISSYG
    lovely day here too had the dog out but hes in a mood so wouldnt listen so back on the lead he went ! ive done a little painting and have Dds hospital appointment later today . They will xray every 2-3 months for a year which she isnt happy about lol the only saving grace is its not until 3pm so at least she wont be grumping about having to get up early !

I have written a list of jobs on a white board that i want completing this year and although hubby wasnt impressed when he first saw it it has motivated him to get cracking at this rate they will all be finished by the end of June ! now what can i put on the list for next year ?

Whats with the numbers and exclamation marks that keep randomly appearing ?
    Last edited by CHRISSYG; 21-05-2018 at 10:38 AM.
    • mrsinvisible
    • By mrsinvisible 22nd May 18, 7:05 AM
    • 1,263 Posts
    • 13,085 Thanks
    mrsinvisible
    doesnt look as nice today weatherwise, but no rain at least. DGS meets his Work Experience boss today, a local motor mechanic/engineer. Hope it goes well, it is so good that locally these firms are prepared to offer this opportunity every year. DGS had hoped to do his W.E.with a landscape gardener as that is what he wants to do, but no luck, so this is a good second choice.
    Have been busy this weekend preparing PIP appeals for 2 friends, hopefully be ready to send in by the end of the week.
    Contacted the man who is going to do the conservatory roof, he said 6-8 weeks to start , and 4-5 days to do it, so hopefully done before l go to China in August.
    Well done Chrissy -G on motivating hubby, and 0462 that is tremendous weight loss. Are you on one of those meal replacement ones? my friend is doing one of them and she has lost loads and looks tremendous, l doubt l would have the will power.
    GTQ, your initial mugs inspired me, but when l got to the local Clintons they had none, must see if they are available online.
    It was the Christening of my Great Nephew on Sunday, lovely day, really enjoyed it, got my cuddle quota and then some! His mum goes back to work next month, the time has really flown by.
    Gosh, whilst writing this l have eaten a full punnet of raspberries that were destined for jam, oops.
    • By 04624181 22nd May 18, 10:45 AM
    • 539 Posts
    • 6,307 Thanks
    Good Morning all,

The sun is out but it is not as warm today, a bit windy but still nice. I am going to spend some time house hunting today. Time is ticking away and we still have not seen our house. We have seen some nice homes but not had the "THIS IS THE ONE" feeling. Am I expecting too much?

Chrissyg- Hope dds hospital appt went well.
    Mrs I- I am doing the keto diet so I do eat on it. Probably have one or two meals a day as you are just not hungry on it all. I cannot believe how well it works for me. Would recommend it to anybody as I find it hard to stay on any diet but have been doing this for 6 weeks and love it.
    • CHRISSYG
    • By CHRISSYG 22nd May 18, 5:28 PM
    • 5,709 Posts
    • 16,418 Thanks
    CHRISSYG
    [QUOTE=04624181;74313729]

Chrissyg- Hope dds hospital appt went well.

Her healing is on track so thatís good , her next xray will be in 3 months again . The orthodo Dr finally said she can go swimming so thatís a boost for her she loves swimming Iím sure in a previous life she was a dolphin.
    • By 04624181 22nd May 18, 5:57 PM
    • 539 Posts
    • 6,307 Thanks
    Chrissy G- Fantastic news, lol that would make a good slogan for a tshirt. In my previous life I was a mermaid xx
    • princesskitty29
    • By princesskitty29 23rd May 18, 10:09 AM
    • 885 Posts
    • 11,945 Thanks
    princesskitty29
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JAKES MUM! I hope you had a lovely day.

And dropsofjupiter - not sure if you're still reading?

Hi all, Squeak is having a nap so Iím just catching up. He had his 9mth review a few weeks ago and the health visitor said his head measurement was tracking too high on the scale so she referred us to the GP, when we went to the GP she measured it differently and said it was within tolerances. They had a chat behind the scenes and we were summoned back to the doctors, she measured him again and her measurement was a bit bigger but still within the tolerances Ė so sheís referred us to the hospital to get a 3rd opinion! We couldnít get an appointment for about 6 weeks so hopefully nothing is wrong! I think it might be much ado about nothing, he is a very happy baby and developing well and hitting all of his milestones. Unfortunately a human measuring a babyís head with a tape measure is open to lots or error!

Well we did watch the royal wedding in the end, after DH initially said he wasnít going to watch it on his birthday he was the one that wanted to watch it the most! We ended up having a carpet picnic in the lounge! A lot of people were moaning very much in the lead up to it, but I just think what a lovely reason for everyone to come together and celebrate. Even if youíre not that interested itís a great opportunity to get together with friends and family and have a cuppa or a glass of bubbly! Unfortunately we are brought together as a nation more often through things like terrorism, it was nice to come together for something positive.

04624181 oh my goodness I canít believe you have 3 things to treat on your foot now! And what a long waiting list! Itís frustrating when something needs sorting but you canít just get on with it. Good luck with the private physio and I hope you can get on with all of the treatment ASAP. Well done with the weight loss, good work! I donít think youíre expecting too much when it comes to finding a new house, you want it to feel like home and you donít want to settle for just anything, itís a very big decision to make.

Treasurequeen good luck with the ESA form!
    • jakes-mum
    • By jakes-mum 23rd May 18, 2:02 PM
    • 4,427 Posts
    • 42,933 Thanks
    jakes-mum
    Good afternoon everyone

Thank you for the birthday wishes Princesskitty and happy belated birthday to your DH as well

MrsInvisible - I hope your friends Tribunals go well, really detest the MR system, especially as they say up to 8 weeks for the 'we're not changing the decision' letter, but must jump through the hoops I really don't understand anyone who says how easy it is to get benefits! it really really isn't its one of the most stressful things we have to go through every 2 years!

04624181 - Very well done on your weight loss, that is fantastic So sorry about all the problems with your foot, my MIL has diabetes and has terrible problems with her feet, she also has sported the moon boot on a few occasions.

ChrissyG - glad your DD is on track with her healing, good news about the swimming too

Good luck with your ESA TreasureQueen, so stressful!

Well after sending my letter in to ESA about making my face 2 face meeting into a home visit, I had a phonecall yesterday cancelling my F2F as my notes had not arrived I explained I had applied over a week ago for a home visit and was told 'oh thats handled by another department, they should get in touch with you' . . so this one department just lets your department have no shows??

We watched the wedding on saturday and I thought it was lovely, they both looked so happy! I don't care if they are royals, it was really nice to see two people who looked so very much in love getting married, and I really hope they both enjoy a lifetime of happiness as I firmly believe everyone deserves that royal or not. I watched way more of it than I meant too, even put back my birthday lunch so I could watch them leave the church

Still no christmassy stuff going on, i've lost my christmassy mojo a bit and I really want to keep it a bit more low key this year
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) 0/£1000
    Total Wins Of 2012 = £3015.03 Wins Of 2013 = £4427.11 Wins of 2014 = £2361.97 Wins of 2015 = £1754.90 Wins of 2016 £267.98 Wins of 2017 £25 Wins of 2018 £59
    • freespirit66
    • By freespirit66 23rd May 18, 7:10 PM
    • 2,608 Posts
    • 35,659 Thanks
    freespirit66
    Evening everyone, I hope everyone is well,

VULPIX I hope you are ok and just busy enjoying your teaching

CHRISSY glad DDs leg is still healing nicely. I think coach holidays are a lot less stressful than flying and you can get to some really fab places now

JAKESMUM oh how annoying about the face to face being cancelled, you work yourself into such a tizzy for nothing to happen, then have to go through it again. Yes I am hoping for a low key Christmas this year as well, its just the 3 of us on Christmas day this year as it is DD2 turn to go to the in laws.

PRINCESSKITTY omg I love that your DH messaged him and contacted his football club haha. What an absolute little ****, a bit of money and they lose their scruples. I have never been on a committee at school because it just isn't my thing, and you always get bossy, knowitalls, but you cant do anymore than you have done trying to get something started. Oh poor squeak I hope everything is ok, did they not give you any information so you don't start imagining all sorts of things? He sounds as if he is doing so well, and is happy. DD2 is going through it as nursery told her yesterday they think Thumper will have to go to a special school, they don't think he will cope if he went to a local school, they have told her to push more now he is in the system

GETTINGTHEREQUICKLY oh poor you, the coverage has been non stop all week, I can imagine how annoying it must be for someone not interested in all the coverage

04624181 ah my twins are twins with your DD birthday glad she had a fab sleepover. No wonder you have been in so much pain having 3 different things wrong with your foot, I hope you start getting better with the physio. I don't think you are expecting too much, there isn't any point moving if you don't get what you want, there is a house out there waiting for you. What sort of foods are you eating on your keto diet? 30lb is fab!! MURIE says she isn't hungry on it either

MRSINVISIBLE I hope DGS is enjoying his work experience. That's great news about your conservatory roof

CURRENTLY READING THE TEASHOP OF LOST AND FOUND - TRISHA ASHLEY
    AMAZON VOUCHERS EARNED 2018 £10
    CHRISTMAS MONEY SAVED 2018 - £500.00
    DEBT FREE DAY 20/6/2014
    • princesskitty29
    • By princesskitty29 25th May 18, 9:53 AM
    • 885 Posts
    • 11,945 Thanks
    princesskitty29
    Oh my goodness i've just been reminded about why I don't start any threads or ask any questions on this forum!! I started a thread asking about party bag fillers, but I just knew some people would take time out of their lives to slate me for it! I am never straying out of our thread again, it's just too negative and people always put you down. Just needed to vent, will catch up properly later when I have more time. xx
    • CHRISSYG
    • By CHRISSYG 25th May 18, 11:34 AM
    • 5,709 Posts
    • 16,418 Thanks
    CHRISSYG
    04624181 sent you a pm.

Well Amazon basket ordered and hubbys birthday gift too , my bank card is feeling a little sorry for itself now though !
    Last year when we were in Boscastle he saw a print and couldnt decide whether or not to get it , he's always regretted not buying it so ive managed to find it , so thats his birthday organised other than the fudge i will order nearer the time.

After saying "never again" i have agreed to take Dd to another comicon event . I am a glutton for punishment lol .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,863Posts Today

7,849Users online

Martin's Twitter