Keep Moving Challenge for 2018

Comments

• alba7
    alba7 Posts: 230 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Epic fail here - late night last night of course, then lunch out, then a longish drive home. Dark and raining by the time we got home. Only option now is to run up and down the stairs a lot.

Trailingspouse, that's what I did to get to 4 miles!
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Feeling a bit lethargic after New Year celebrations and a 2 0 clock bed time :eek:

Will make an effort to get out for a walk later and this is also day one of my dry January.

Ive done it the last two years so know I can do it. Wondering whether to carry it on a little longer this year or to just really cut down on the wine I drink in the house.

It would be easy if it was just me but my OH likes a drink and of course constantly offers me one too and I do enjoy the odd glass of nice wine! ;)

I am doing dry Jan aswell
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Evening all.

Last year I completed 2000 miles, I would like to achieve 3000 this year.

The Elite challenge has commenced!
    juju17 wrote: »
    I would like to join you. I am going to aim for least 10,000 steps every day....and 2018 miles in the year. :j

Well done juju x
    6 miles for me today, feeling a little sore head after last night, so had to go out for fresh air.

7.38 went out for another little walk

I am on 23,000 steps...... I walked the dog again at 4 and she did not go to loo... so need to go out again..... I am banking anything over 20,000 to help with manic work days! x
    I am doing dry Jan aswell

No way, I have enough flipping challenges ahead this year!
  • ma-ri-ella
    ma-ri-ella Posts: 980 Forumite
    oooo good challenge. i like to average over 14,000 steps daily . might try for nearer 20,000 on days work is later in day . Aim is weight loss really . I'm the lightest ive been in years but would like to loose another 2-3.5 stone .today was 3.9 miles - 8,558 steps which is a very low day
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • Sunshinemummy
    ma-ri-ella wrote: »
    oooo good challenge. i like to average over 14,000 steps daily . might try for nearer 20,000 on days work is later in day . Aim is weight loss really . I'm the lightest ive been in years but would like to loose another 2-3.5 stone .today was 3.9 miles - 8,558 steps which is a very low day

My focus is weight loss and trying to get healthy, I am 3 stone down and need another stone by mid March to be able to fit into my smaller holiday clothes... I am too tight to buy new! :D:D:D:D

Sarah and me are doing a 20,000 step challenge - you are welcome to join in with us!
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Great to still see people joining in :T

For those that are trying to lose some weight as well, remember to eat just a little bit less and that combined with the extra walking will make all the difference.
    I have lost 30kg since I started walking seriously and recording my mileage.

First recording for this year is 10.22 miles on what was a very wet morning and afternoon then turning so cold and icy this evening that I cut my last walk short :o
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Managed my 10,000 steps...(just!, ran around the lounge a few times :)
    but did not even do 5 miles, due to it raining nearly all day. Will be a better day tomorrow as Tuesdays I walk with some other ladies, so hopefully around 8 miles or so.
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • Sunshinemummy
    juju17 wrote: »
    Managed my 10,000 steps...(just!, ran around the lounge a few times :)
    but did not even do 5 miles, due to it raining nearly all day. Will be a better day tomorrow as Tuesdays I walk with some other ladies, so hopefully around 8 miles or so.

8 miles is fabulous - I was exhausted after doing it this morning.... I can only dream of doing 10 miles!

After walking the dog I'm at 27,000 steps well I will be when I have got my bottom upstairs and climbed into the shower!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • mickey_mouse
    mickey_mouse Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    A slow start for me today .
    Use up toiletries in 2020. 88
    Make £2020 in 2020. No 85. £1808.05/£2020
  • Sunshinemummy
    A slow start for me today .

It is new years day... tomorrow is another day.

Just being nosey but what are you going to do to achieve your signature aims?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure