Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • melanzana
    • By melanzana 23rd Dec 17, 6:35 PM
    • 2,729Posts
    • 7,389Thanks
    melanzana
    0 WOW
    Have you any nice travel plans for 2018?
    • 23rd Dec 17, 6:35 PM
    0 WOW
    Have you any nice travel plans for 2018? 23rd Dec 17 at 6:35 PM
    I love the escapism of reading about other people's travel plans.

We will be going to Playa Blanca in Lanzarote in January.

Driving the Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland early April.

Cruise in June, destination under discussion, but will be Mediterranean or Norwegian Fjiords.

Spain in September. Pretty much run of the mill, but we are so fortunate to be able to do it.

I have done all the long hauls I want to do now, so it's Europe for now.
Page 3
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 30th Dec 17, 1:02 AM
    • 14,582 Posts
    • 19,649 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Who cares what others think? We did the theme parks in the 80s & loved it. Didn't take any kids though, they only get in the way.
    Originally posted by EssexExile
    Exactly. Not my cup of tea at all but the places seem to be full of people really enjoying themselves.

I dare say some of my holiday choices would leave others cold, but who cares.
    ďNever argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.Ē - Mark Twain
    • nomorekids
    • By nomorekids 30th Dec 17, 3:16 AM
    • 306 Posts
    • 246 Thanks
    nomorekids
    Barcelona in June, my talented DD is representing her country dancing at Dance World Cup 2018 and I can't wait or even think beyond that because I am so so proud and so excited to finally see Barcelona as I've wanted to go for ages.
    If you want to be rich, never get married and most definitely never have kids
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 30th Dec 17, 12:43 PM
    • 12,277 Posts
    • 8,378 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    Barcelona in June, my talented DD is representing her country dancing at Dance World Cup 2018 and I can't wait or even think beyond that because I am so so proud and so excited to finally see Barcelona as I've wanted to go for ages.
    Originally posted by nomorekids
    That will be a great occasion...

My main regret about my visit to Barcelona: I went on the excellent "free" guided walk (you are strongly encouraged to tip so make sure you have an appropriate amount of change with you) but did not take notes. There were many places I wanted to revisit but lacked the specific information that we had been told.
    • 1trainer1
    • By 1trainer1 30th Dec 17, 10:24 PM
    • 898 Posts
    • 1,752 Thanks
    1trainer1
    Plans so far
    Cruise in April for a week to either the med or Norwegian fjords

Maldives in June for 10 nights, got a great deal again on Black Friday for £100 a night all inclusive for the 3 of us

Another cruise in September going to whichever we donít do in April

Thatís all so far but we are going to fit in two mini breaks in Europe somewhere along the line
    Blessed on 18th February at 0814 with little Sarah xxx
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 1st Jan 18, 8:25 PM
    • 9,414 Posts
    • 14,519 Thanks
    worried jim
    We've got our wonderful annual sunshine break in Turkey booked for June: perfect relaxation, super food, company, warm sea and sun.

I'm a great believer in something to look forward to.
    Originally posted by maman
    Me too. Off to the Bodrum pinsula for my tenth visit. Have friends with spare apartments so itís costing the flight only so £130. I may even go again at summers end as well. Keeps a smile on my face at work.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • trixie73
    • By trixie73 1st Jan 18, 9:21 PM
    • 891 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    trixie73
    I love the escapism of reading about other people's travel plans.

We will be going to Playa Blanca in Lanzarote in January.

Driving the Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland early April.

Cruise in June, destination under discussion, but will be Mediterranean or Norwegian Fjiords.

Spain in September. Pretty much run of the mill, but we are so fortunate to be able to do it.

I have done all the long hauls I want to do now, so it's Europe for now.
    Originally posted by melanzana
    Just back from playa blanca last night. Weather was great. We love playa blanca, we go every year
    We have Majorca booked for April up to now, but nothing booked for summer yet
    Last edited by trixie73; 01-01-2018 at 9:22 PM. Reason: ...
    • liepanieka
    • By liepanieka 10th Apr 18, 7:36 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    liepanieka
    Well this summer I am going to Ukraine! I am really keen on history, so I think it is going to be great trip, because Ukraine has many buildings from Soviet and even older times. Also, the nature, mountains are in my plans. I took some tours in different Ukraine cities, just in order to get more knowledge about this country.
    • alwaysskint96
    • By alwaysskint96 10th Apr 18, 8:07 AM
    • 913 Posts
    • 623 Thanks
    alwaysskint96
    3 weeks in Sept/Oct going to Oz to see the barrier reef, Sydney and Melbourne then flying to Christchurch to spend a week in a campervan. Courtesy of Qatar Airways and their brilliant 2 for 1 business fares they did late last year. Internal flights mainly paid for with Avios

Cos of that biggie not really £££ for many more side trips
    • Red-Squirrel
    • By Red-Squirrel 10th Apr 18, 10:10 AM
    • 3,054 Posts
    • 8,074 Thanks
    Red-Squirrel
    Went to Hungary for a few days in Feb, heading to Estonia and Finland in July, then I'm planning to get a really really last minute cheap deal at the end of September and go anywhere for the hell of it!

That's a lot for me, but I didn't go away at all in 2017 and its all done cheaply.
    • Shikakui
    • By Shikakui 10th Apr 18, 11:19 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Shikakui
    We're off to Georgia (the country:-) in July.
    Can't wait!!
    Any tips are very much welcome!
    • PoppyTaylor
    • By PoppyTaylor 10th Apr 18, 12:48 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    PoppyTaylor
    My friend and I are off for a 6 week trip around Europe this year, very excited!

I have also got a few weekend trips planned to Venice, Barcelona and Paris, so far.

I didn't get a chance to get away at all last year so definitely making up for it this year, and off to explore Canada next year!
    • wondercollie
    • By wondercollie 12th Apr 18, 3:01 AM
    • 1,207 Posts
    • 9,055 Thanks
    wondercollie
    Went to Hungary for a few days in Feb, heading to Estonia and Finland in July, then I'm planning to get a really really last minute cheap deal at the end of September and go anywhere for the hell of it!

That's a lot for me, but I didn't go away at all in 2017 and its all done cheaply.
    Originally posted by Red-Squirrel
    I'm trying to send my sons and husband on a man trip at the end of September and everywhere I've suggested is pretty much booked up.

Warsaw has a film festival that is on the week they can all get. Budapest is too expensive and one son won't go to Berlin. Even Gdansk is pretty much sold out. (Bear in mind, I'm looking at airfare from western Canada)
    • Red-Squirrel
    • By Red-Squirrel 12th Apr 18, 8:50 AM
    • 3,054 Posts
    • 8,074 Thanks
    Red-Squirrel
    I'm trying to send my sons and husband on a man trip at the end of September and everywhere I've suggested is pretty much booked up.

Warsaw has a film festival that is on the week they can all get. Budapest is too expensive and one son won't go to Berlin. Even Gdansk is pretty much sold out. (Bear in mind, I'm looking at airfare from western Canada)
    Originally posted by wondercollie
    Budapest is cheap when you get there, if that helps!
    • Doshwaster
    • By Doshwaster 12th Apr 18, 5:20 PM
    • 4,930 Posts
    • 4,022 Thanks
    Doshwaster
    Still nothing booked up for 2018 as work has been crazy so far this year. I may have a window for a last minute break in the middle of May but if I do it will just be somewhere cheap and warm-ish.
    • Ballard
    • By Ballard 12th Apr 18, 6:35 PM
    • 2,017 Posts
    • 1,894 Thanks
    Ballard
    I did have plans for a week split between Helsinki & St Petersburg but we're sticking to Finland now. Only 5 weeks until we fly but fortunately hadn't booked anything so it's easy to change our plans.

I also have a couple of week in the Philippines for November.
    I got a letter from the government the other day. I opened it and read it. It said they were suckers.
    • katejo
    • By katejo 15th Apr 18, 4:36 PM
    • 3,092 Posts
    • 1,191 Thanks
    katejo
    I am going on an Explore tour from Budapest to Prague via Bratislava and Vienna in late June. I will also be in Bologna with a brief stop off in Venice in September. I may book a trip to Romania in October.
    • katejo
    • By katejo 15th Apr 18, 4:38 PM
    • 3,092 Posts
    • 1,191 Thanks
    katejo

Originally posted by wondercollie
    Why is one son so against Berlin? I really like it there and it is one of my regular stop offs for a short break.
    • holidaysforme
    • By holidaysforme 15th Apr 18, 6:30 PM
    • 1,602 Posts
    • 1,322 Thanks
    holidaysforme
    We've had a week in Fuertaventura in February, and we are going to Rome for four days at the end of this month.
    Four days in Spain with my daughter in June and Majorca for a week on July.

Long weekend in Dublin in May with a friend as well. We've also been to Brighton and London this year for weekends.

Week in France in September.
    we'll also have a few weekends away locally in our campervan weather permitting.
    • holidaysforme
    • By holidaysforme 15th Apr 18, 6:59 PM
    • 1,602 Posts
    • 1,322 Thanks
    holidaysforme
    Meant to say this is more holidays than we normally have. We used Avios for the Fuertaventura flights and for the ones to Malaga.
    Also, the accomadation costs for both of those trips were absoloute bargains!
    • PompeyPete
    • By PompeyPete 16th Apr 18, 8:30 AM
    • 5,616 Posts
    • 7,873 Thanks
    PompeyPete
    Meant to say this is more holidays than we normally have. We used Avios for the Fuertaventura flights and for the ones to Malaga.
    Also, the accomadation costs for both of those trips were absoloute bargains!
    Originally posted by holidaysforme
    If you not been to Malaga before, it's a lovely city. Most people skip it completely in their rush to get to their sunbeds.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,031Posts Today

8,683Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin