Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 23rd Dec 17, 6:58 AM
    • 1,075Posts
    • 3,917Thanks
    I Love comps
    Buying reduced items/discount items in 2018
    • 23rd Dec 17, 6:58 AM
    Buying reduced items/discount items in 2018 23rd Dec 17 at 6:58 AM
    I have decided to see how much I can actually save myself by trying to buy as much as possible in 2018, which is yellow stickered or reduced and keep a tally of the savings. Just to see how much I will save ;

I will start this on January 1st 2018
    Please join in if you would like to.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. "I am a volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 5
    • Katiehound
    • By Katiehound 11th Feb 18, 6:08 PM
    • 4,271 Posts
    • 38,649 Thanks
    Katiehound
    Yesterday, a horrid drizzly day got a bargain in the market. Had just bought the dogs cheap apples (their supplies to take to kennels!)when I asked if there were any 50 pence bags. Just one left. It seemed very heavy as I struggled up the hill..
    Out of curiosity when I got home I weighed the contents- 7lbs!!(3kg) of blemished apples. Some were enormous- weighing 12oz each- I've never seen them that size before.
    Needless to say dogs are not getting these
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks

2018 Wombling : Entrant 8 ..39 cc+.840mm(84p) + RK 3.07= 4.30
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 12th Feb 18, 7:32 AM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 3,917 Thanks
    I Love comps
    Two offers;

Tesco,
    I bought 3 Kit Kats for 1.20 instead of 60p each. Saving 60p.

Muller Rice pack of 4 from Co-op 1 instead of 2.15. Saving 1.15

Total Savings 1.75

Extra Bonus on the Muller Rice pack, there is a competition to win a mini basketball set - I won.

On the Kit Kats there is a promotion to win a Joe mug - I won 1 mug out of my 3 goes.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. "I am a volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 12th Feb 18, 8:49 AM
    • 691 Posts
    • 6,582 Thanks
    t14cy t
    popped into morrisons and snaffled lots of breads and milk, save 12 odd!!! best buys for me were 2 pints skimmed milk 12p!! freezes well, so stocked up! happy hunting!!
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 12th Feb 18, 5:23 PM
    • 691 Posts
    • 6,582 Thanks
    t14cy t
    just come back from Tesco and I'm miffed!! they are changing when, how often and also by how much they are reducing goods, top secret info atm!!
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 17th Feb 18, 7:59 AM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 3,917 Thanks
    I Love comps
    Bought from co-op on Tuesday Lemon Curd Sponge Puddings

Now 50p Was 1.99 Saving 1.49

My husband bought lots of cakes the same night he spent a 1 on 5 different products instead of 4 . Saving 3

Bought a hat from Tesco sale Was 8 Now 5 Saving 3

Total that would have been spent 13.99
    Total Spent 6.50
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 17th Feb 18, 8:19 AM
    • 691 Posts
    • 6,582 Thanks
    t14cy t
    haha!! I sussed out tescos latest changes on reduced items and snaffled a trolley load of bargains!! 86.54 worth for 21!!! yippee!! best bargain was salted caramel finest cake, was 11 paid 2.75!! taking some to family today and have twin grandsons for a few days so will be polished off in record time no doubt!! x
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 19th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    • 691 Posts
    • 6,582 Thanks
    t14cy t
    just bought lots of cheeses from the deli at morrisons for 10p a pop!!! brilliant. 1.50 spent, 15.89 saved, kerching!! xx
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 25th Feb 18, 8:27 AM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 3,917 Thanks
    I Love comps
    Tesco Sale ;

Bought a lovely Red Dress for 10 Was 16 Saving 6
    • Jaymie kate
    • By Jaymie kate 25th Feb 18, 9:21 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    Jaymie kate
    Seems to be a good idea to keep track of those yellow tabs. I always prefer discounted items whenever possible and practical but never really thought of this. Will certainly do this.
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 27th Feb 18, 9:37 AM
    • 691 Posts
    • 6,582 Thanks
    t14cy t
    popped into morrisons yesterday, snaffled 3 bags fresh tarragon, 5p a bag. 5 bags unwashed potatoes 12p a bag, lettuce 6p, bag corgettes 12p, so lots of prepping will be done today to make the most of my haul, and as the snows too thick to go out. batten down the hatches folks!! xx
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 2nd Mar 18, 2:03 PM
    • 691 Posts
    • 6,582 Thanks
    t14cy t
    3 tubs of greek yogurt 7p a tub, the chickens and ducks will help demolish these! a little treat after the shock of this weather!! xx
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 6th Mar 18, 9:54 AM
    • 691 Posts
    • 6,582 Thanks
    t14cy t
    nipped into co op yesterday, 1.06 spent, 6.30 saved! Tesco got cashback on item, so 1.39 saved and nowt spent there, finally morrisons spent 4.12 saved 5.20. brilliant! x
    • I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 6th Mar 18, 5:49 PM
    • 1,075 Posts
    • 3,917 Thanks
    I Love comps
    Popped into a few shops today;

Tesco YS
    Tesco finest Bramley Apple & Cinnamon Hot Cross Buns 4 in pack;
    Now 75p Was 1.50 Saving 75p

Co-op YS

2x packs co-op seedless grapes;
    Now 25p a pack Was 1 pack Saving 1.50

2x crunchy salad bowls 270g ;
    Now 50p each Was 2 each Saving 3

Total Spent on this lot of items 2.25
    Without YS savings the cost would have been 7.50
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 10th Mar 18, 7:28 AM
    • 691 Posts
    • 6,582 Thanks
    t14cy t
    went to aldi for the first time ever yesterday. bought lots of half price goodies...will let you know if they were worth getting!! YS goodies are getting a lot thinner on the ground at the moment, but half price will do me fine!!! off to a jumble sale today, yippee!!! xx
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 14th Mar 18, 9:12 AM
    • 691 Posts
    • 6,582 Thanks
    t14cy t
    popped into Tesco yesterday, picked up a whole shoulder of lamb, huge piece of rib of beef and 4 massive pork chops, all for 28! that was just a smidge under half price. big outlay but sometimes its worth it!
    • tootallulah
    • By tootallulah 14th Mar 18, 7:30 PM
    • 2,107 Posts
    • 7,299 Thanks
    tootallulah
    My local Co-Op had about 30 200g blocks of extra strong cheddar for 54p. I picked up 10 packs and have frozen them (about a years worth of cheddar for me!) They were 2.35 at full price so a very good saving.
    Mortgage House 45,000, 26 January 2018, 6 April 17,500.
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 15th Mar 18, 6:32 AM
    • 691 Posts
    • 6,582 Thanks
    t14cy t
    wow tootallulah what a brilliant saving!!
    • Ilona
    • By Ilona 15th Mar 18, 9:23 AM
    • 2,059 Posts
    • 7,074 Thanks
    Ilona
    We have a Cash and Carry here which is open to the public. I usually pop in when passing on my way to town. I wanted Sheba cat food and usually pay between 1.50 and 2 for a pack of six pouches. I dropped lucky and found it at the C & C for 1.20. I bought rather a lot, spent 115. Probably got enough for almost a year now. Only one cat eats it.

Ilona
    I love skip diving
    • t14cy t
    • By t14cy t 15th Mar 18, 12:48 PM
    • 691 Posts
    • 6,582 Thanks
    t14cy t
    Ilona, at least you wont run out for a while!!
    • Ilona
    • By Ilona 15th Mar 18, 7:09 PM
    • 2,059 Posts
    • 7,074 Thanks
    Ilona
    Ilona, at least you wont run out for a while!!
    Originally posted by t14cy t
    I hope the cat doesn't do a runner Buying it in bulk at a good price means I don't have to waste time trawling the discount stores for the best price. I can be in and out of town much quicker, go in fewer shops and spend less money. I don't much like town anyway.

Ilona
    I love skip diving
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,826Posts Today

7,896Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I hate customer service lines that ALWAYS say, every time you ring (at any time in the day)... "sorry we are experi? https://t.co/GGCGM0WNai

• After the news I'm suing facebook over scam ads, people keep sending me ads with my pic in asking, ?is THIS ad with? https://t.co/lhTmijgnWt

• So Facebook just waxed lyrical about all the things they're doing to stop fake ads. Whoop de whoop. Yet THESE SCA? https://t.co/hP4q6kRuuQ

• Follow Martin