Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sam4145
    • By sam4145 22nd Dec 17, 6:24 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 10Thanks
    sam4145
    Parking Eye ticket advice needed
    • 22nd Dec 17, 6:24 PM
    Parking Eye ticket advice needed 22nd Dec 17 at 6:24 PM
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by sam4145; 23-12-2017 at 11:57 PM.
Page 4
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Feb 18, 11:08 AM
    • 35,126 Posts
    • 19,221 Thanks
    Quentin
    If asdA and popla fails it doesn't follow you have to pay!!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Feb 18, 11:15 AM
    • 56,149 Posts
    • 69,807 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    ParkingEye will probably listen to your MP after POPLA and before any court claim, and might re-offer the 60 at that stage. It's their only redeeming feature IMHO, that ParkingEye do re-offer the 60 to settle, before court, when really pushed by someone like an MP.

But if you have a POPLA code with 2/3 weeks left to use, I would compose a letter or email to your MP this weekend and complain to Asda Head Office.

Maybe you and your family can show 'regular patronage' of Asda between you, from any family Bank Statements of payments made in recent months, that show you are genuine shoppers that Asda should not be annoying? If so, gather your evidence for Asda Head Office and ask nicely but firmly for it to be cancelled, as you know their contract allows it. It does.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 11-02-2018 at 12:17 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• sam4145
    • By sam4145 10th Feb 18, 11:45 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    sam4145
    Cancelled!
    Great news! Asda head office just rang me and said they would tell PE to cancel the pcn! I can't believe how easily they were persuaded to do it. Also they told me you CAN overstay in the car park, you just have to see customer service and give them your car details if you want to stay longer than 3 hours. Apparently its in the small print on the signs - the same small print I already flagged up as being hard to read!

So anyway that's a great result for me and saves me a lot of further bother fighting it.

Thanks for all your help guys
    • sam4145
    • By sam4145 10th Feb 18, 1:42 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    sam4145
    Just received confirmation by email from Asda head office customer services:

Thank you for speaking to me today.
    I have now requested that the parking charge notice be cancelled on this occasion. As advised if more time is needed to complete a shop at our stores. Please speak to our customer service desk who will be able to help you further.

Please accept my apologies however once again for any distress caused and if there is anything else, please feel free to call one of my colleagues on 08009520101.

Up yours Parking Eye!

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Feb 18, 12:18 AM
    • 56,149 Posts
    • 69,807 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Absolutely, one in the eye!
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• sam4145
    • By sam4145 13th Feb 18, 12:14 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    sam4145
    One last thing please - should I expect a letter from PE confirming they have cancelled the pcn? If so what sort of time scale might this be in?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Feb 18, 12:17 PM
    • 56,149 Posts
    • 69,807 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You could email to ask them to confirm:

info@parkingeye.co.uk

PCN number in the subject line, of course.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

138Posts Today

1,307Users online

Martin's Twitter