Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Diego Francis
    • By Diego Francis 22nd Dec 17, 10:34 AM
    • 16Posts
    • 11Thanks
    Diego Francis
    UKPC POPLA Appeal - Charges dropped
    • 22nd Dec 17, 10:34 AM
    UKPC POPLA Appeal - Charges dropped 22nd Dec 17 at 10:34 AM
    I received a PCN on the fourth visit to hospital. My partner had given birth to our son four days prior. She was still recovering from the birth and getting help with breastfeeding etc. I barely had any sleep with getting jobs done at home and being at the hospital as long as possible during visiting times.

As with the other days I had a pre-paid parking ticket placed on my car dashboard. During this day in particular the ticket must've blown over from the dashboard as I left the car and when I returned to find the PCN on my windshield I seen my Pre-paid ticket upside-down on the passenger chair.

Having been so busy with getting used to parenthood I almost missed the deadline to pay. I ended up appealing attaching a paicture image of the ticket as proof. I have all four tickets on me as proof too.

I received a letter via email recently from UKPS rejecting my appeal and offering me to pay back half what I was initially supposed to owe them - 35 down to 15.

Seems reasonable - but I disagree. I paid 5 per ticket for 24 hours. I was covered. Why should I have to pay more if I have proof that I had paid for my ticket?

If I had the right frame of mind I'd have probably double checked that the ticket was on display.

In this circumstance what are my rights and what would you advise?

I've tried reading the NEWBIE thread but I can't find the time at the moment to go through all the links etc just want to ask before I consider taking this further then I'll try and do the research required.

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by Diego Francis; 04-03-2018 at 1:54 PM. Reason: update
Page 2
    • Diego Francis
    • By Diego Francis 4th Mar 18, 1:56 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Diego Francis
    All charges were dropped after emailing PALS with a !!!!-storm of a letter who in turn sent it on to UKPC. I had already submitting the POPLA Appeal but POPLA emailed the next day that charges were dropped and a day later UKPC sent a weak apologetic standard letter via email too.

Thanks to above posters for guidance and help.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 4th Mar 18, 5:43 PM
    • 7,333 Posts
    • 9,772 Thanks
    beamerguy
    All charges were dropped after emailing PALS with a !!!!-storm of a letter who in turn sent it on to UKPC. I had already submitting the POPLA Appeal but POPLA emailed the next day that charges were dropped and a day later UKPC sent a weak apologetic standard letter via email too.

Thanks to above posters for guidance and help.
    Originally posted by Diego Francis
    Love to hear about a happy ending
    and especially reading that UKPC has been stepped on
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 5th Mar 18, 8:38 AM
    • 9,204 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    UKPC are known fraudsters, read this

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (who take hundreds of these cases to court, and nearly always lose), who have also been reported to the regulatory authority.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,883Posts Today

8,750Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin