Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • biggysmaller
    • By biggysmaller 21st Dec 17, 8:19 PM
    • 78Posts
    • 12Thanks
    biggysmaller
    Smarty PAYG - Very impressed so far!
    • 21st Dec 17, 8:19 PM
    Smarty PAYG - Very impressed so far! 21st Dec 17 at 8:19 PM
    I decided to end my 25 a month Three sim contract and save a few quid. After lot's of searching around for the best PAYG deal out there, I opted for Smarty's 10 per month 4GB bundle. For every GB of data that I don't use I get 1.50 off my next payment. So far I only used less than 150mb with a week to go until I top up, so that means my next bundle will only cost me around 5.50!!
    It uses the Three network which suits me fine. And their online customer service chat is pretty responsive.
    All in all, a very happy chappy here! Best money saving move I've made in years!
Page 2
    • biggysmaller
    • By biggysmaller 26th Dec 17, 1:29 AM
    • 78 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    biggysmaller
    You can.set up automatic payments with smarty
    • redux
    • By redux 26th Dec 17, 8:53 AM
    • 18,239 Posts
    • 24,131 Thanks
    redux
    If your data use has dropped off that much, and you don't use loads of minutes either, you might look at FreedomPop
    • trinidadone
    • By trinidadone 26th Dec 17, 11:55 AM
    • 3,045 Posts
    • 1,133 Thanks
    trinidadone
    If your data use has dropped off that much, and you don't use loads of minutes either, you might look at FreedomPop
    Originally posted by redux
    https://uk.freedompop.com/uk?experience=organic.default
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 26th Dec 17, 11:57 AM
    • 7,716 Posts
    • 3,767 Thanks
    Stompa
    I believe Plusnet charge 10 for late payment.
    Originally posted by biggysmaller
    I've no idea, but not really an issue for those that pay by DD, which I imagine is the majority of their customers.
    Stompa
    • d123
    • By d123 26th Dec 17, 12:04 PM
    • 7,218 Posts
    • 4,658 Thanks
    d123
    Originally posted by redux
    I would never recommend FreedomPop as a primary sim, the service is not reliable enough.
    ====
    • biggysmaller
    • By biggysmaller 26th Dec 17, 9:23 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    biggysmaller
    Is it an issue because you have to set up a DD to use Plusnet. And if you have insufficient funds in your account to pay your bill they will slap on a 10 charge. No other provider I know does this.
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 27th Dec 17, 1:54 PM
    • 4,553 Posts
    • 1,426 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    I've no idea, but not really an issue for those that pay by DD, which I imagine is the majority of their customers.
    Originally posted by Stompa
    If someone is bouncing a direct debit for around 5 then they are better off on PAYG.
    • denton6
    • By denton6 13th Jan 18, 3:01 PM
    • 565 Posts
    • 801 Thanks
    denton6
    im looking for a very simple phone with buttons rather than touch screen for my mum to use. can anyone see a sim free phone that is 3g or 4g to use with smarty. all basic ones seem to be 2g only. looking to spend up to 60 pounds ish for a phone or below. thanks
    wendy x
    • d123
    • By d123 13th Jan 18, 4:22 PM
    • 7,218 Posts
    • 4,658 Thanks
    d123
    im looking for a very simple phone with buttons rather than touch screen for my mum to use. can anyone see a sim free phone that is 3g or 4g to use with smarty. all basic ones seem to be 2g only. looking to spend up to 60 pounds ish for a phone or below. thanks
    Originally posted by denton6
    Nokia 3310 3G, 59

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/home/products/nokia/3310-3g.html#!colour=yellow&dealType=sf
    ====
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,247Posts Today

6,613Users online

Martin's Twitter