Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Squawky
    • By Squawky 21st Dec 17, 5:29 AM
    • 94Posts
    • 33Thanks
    Squawky
    Difference between on site and parking
    • 21st Dec 17, 5:29 AM
    Difference between on site and parking 21st Dec 17 at 5:29 AM
    Hi,

I have received a PCN from Parkingeye stating that I was on site 11 mins over max 3 hour.

Their sign states parking for 3 hours max no return within 2 hours.

So, as it took longer than 11 mins to get a space and then leave the car park due to it being very busy, (and a poor design as recirculating cars block the exit), do they have to prove I was parked longer than three hours or is their ANP recognition system good enough to show I was on site for longer than the 3 hours?
Page 4
    • Squawky
    • By Squawky 3rd Jan 18, 10:07 AM
    • 94 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Squawky
    "The near side wheels of the vehicle were against the kerb of a small island, so the vehicle had to reverse straight out, but couldn't because of the cars parked outside of marked up bays. Due to both the gridlocked cars and the cars parked outside of marked up bays it took ages just to shuttle back and forth to enable the vehicle to leave the marked parking bay safely.

If ParkingEye are supposedly managing this site then they need to ensure legally parked vehicles are not penalised by parked vehicles that have not used marked up bays, making it very difficult for vehicles in marked bays to reverse out safely."
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 3rd Jan 18, 11:16 AM
    • 17,988 Posts
    • 28,481 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    If ParkingEye are supposedly managing this site
    Have you put this to the site owner?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Squawky
    • By Squawky 3rd Jan 18, 11:56 AM
    • 94 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Squawky
    Have you put this to the site owner?
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    I should change that to "managing the parking"

I've found the property management company that manages the site as a whole and have emailed them as well.

Detailing non adherence to BPA code of practice and parking outside of bays making it difficult to exit safely.

No reply from them as yet but I only sent it on the 27th, took me a while to find out who manages the site.

No idea who actually owns it, or who actually has the contract with PE.
    • Squawky
    • By Squawky 7th Jan 18, 1:53 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Squawky
    Well, despite 2 retailers requesting cancellation, and with a reminder, the PCN is still open on the website.

Unfortunately it's the wrong time of the year and bank holidays have eaten into the 28 days from the rejection of the appeal.

Without weekends and bank holidays it's 7 days from the first request to cancel, actually 17 days.

But I assume the 28 days does not take into account weekends or bank holidays, so the POPLA appeal has to go in by the end of this week.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Jan 18, 1:58 PM
    • 35,864 Posts
    • 20,103 Thanks
    Quentin
    Don't miss the deadline for the poplA appeal!
    • Squawky
    • By Squawky 7th Jan 18, 2:07 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Squawky
    Don't miss the deadline for the poplA appeal!
    Originally posted by Quentin
    Oh, I will definitely make sure that goes in a few days early.

What happens if I action the POPLA appeal then PE closes the PCN a few days later?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Jan 18, 2:14 PM
    • 35,864 Posts
    • 20,103 Thanks
    Quentin
    Once you get confirmation from the PPC they cancelled the matter is closed
    • Squawky
    • By Squawky 8th Jan 18, 3:28 AM
    • 94 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Squawky
    Would it be OK to amend the paragraph in the grace period to include time actually parked?

It is very clear from the evidence that ParkingEye have failed to uphold the minimum grace periods set out in the BPA Code of Practice, as the total time in the carpark exceeded the paid period by only 11 minutes, 7 minutes prior to parking, 2 hours 54 minutes parked, and 10 minutes after the parking period had ended.
    Last edited by Squawky; 08-01-2018 at 3:30 AM.
    • Squawky
    • By Squawky 8th Jan 18, 10:11 AM
    • 94 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Squawky
    Also, can I add this at the end of signage?

The wording on the signage itself is duplicitous, it states “3 hour max stay” without stating either what max stay means in “the Parking Contract” or how long it is, but does state “Parking limited to 3 hours (no return within 2 hours). The Oxford English Dictionary gives the definition of “parking” as “the act of stopping a vehicle at a place and leaving it there for a period of time”. If the time is taken from entering the carpark to exiting the carpark the signage should clearly state this fact as in “Time on site from entering the carpark to exiting limited to 3 hours (no return within 2 hours). Users of this carpark would naturally assume that the 3 hours would start from when parked, not from when entering the site. Similarly, the time would stop when exiting the parking bay, not the carpark. If this carpark were ticketed that is exactly what “3 hours max stay” would mean, and drivers should not be penalised just because an ANPR system is being used over that of a ticketed system.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Jan 18, 10:34 AM
    • 17,988 Posts
    • 28,481 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Also, can I add this at the end of signage?
    You can if you wish.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Squawky
    • By Squawky 9th Jan 18, 1:53 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Squawky
    Just starting the POPLA appeal.

As I was within the grace period should I choose option 2 under "You did not overstay the free parking allowed in the car park."?

Or just go to next?
    • Squawky
    • By Squawky 9th Jan 18, 1:55 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Squawky
    How do you not answer their questions?
    • cgh01
    • By cgh01 9th Jan 18, 2:04 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    cgh01
    If you are on the Popla appeals site your appeal is done under" other" as a PDF , there is a link in the Newbies thread to Parking pranksters POPLA appeal walk through.

""These then get saved as PDFs and uploaded to POPLA under OTHER (ONLY) - do not think you only have 2000 characters in some box on the POPLA webpage!""

hxxp://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/new-popla-process.html
    Last edited by cgh01; 09-01-2018 at 2:28 PM.
    • Squawky
    • By Squawky 9th Jan 18, 2:05 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Squawky
    Also, does it have to be in one big pdf or can multiple PDF's be uploaded?

I have the attachments as separate PDF's but can combine if required.
    • cgh01
    • By cgh01 9th Jan 18, 2:07 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    cgh01
    one pdf makes if easier for the Popla assessor to read
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 9th Jan 18, 3:22 PM
    • 575 Posts
    • 678 Thanks
    claxtome
    Here is the link that cgh01 was pointing you at:
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/new-popla-process.html
    • Squawky
    • By Squawky 9th Jan 18, 3:58 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Squawky
    Here is the link that cgh01 was pointing you at:
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/new-popla-process.html
    Originally posted by claxtome
    I sort of followed that but using own reasons as those didn't apply.

POPLA sure don't make it easy as some of the stuff is ambiguous and/or doesn't make sense.

Why make you answer multiple choice when you just want to send them a pdf file which contains all of your appeal details?

Does choosing the incorrect multiple choice questions make the reasons outlined in the appeal pdf any less relevant?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Jan 18, 4:04 PM
    • 18,333 Posts
    • 23,218 Thanks
    Redx
    no , its a badly designed appeal process that they will not change

this is why we tell EVERYBODY to use the option OTHER and upload their appeal as a pdf (so not just you , but everybody)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Squawky
    • By Squawky 9th Jan 18, 4:24 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Squawky
    Annoyed that it's got this far considering it was well within the grace period and two retailers have requested cancellation.
    • Squawky
    • By Squawky 10th Jan 18, 12:46 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Squawky
    POPLA appeal now submitted.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,955Posts Today

9,229Users online

Martin's Twitter