Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CM7NL
    • By CM7NL 20th Dec 17, 5:58 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    CM7NL
    Parking Eye ticket, dated beginning of month, only just arrived.
    • 20th Dec 17, 5:58 PM
    Parking Eye ticket, dated beginning of month, only just arrived. 20th Dec 17 at 5:58 PM
    Apologies if Iíve missed it, but I canít see anything that similar to this.

, I recieved a letter from parking eye on 20/12/17 dated 08/12/17 for an alleged event on 03/012/17.

Basically, in the early hours of the morning, the driver pulled over into a deserted church car park to receive a phone call. At no point did they leave the vehicle and they left 30 minutes later.

The letter has come to me as registered keeper.

I donít know why it was so late. Our post has been quite sporadic of late. Things taking a few extra days to arrive.

It just has ďdelivered by Royal MailĒ on the envelope. No postcode or free post info.

Itís not a ďgolden ticket,Ē I donít think. It does appear to be late though?

Any advice would be appreciated!
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 20th Dec 17, 6:27 PM
    • 7,167 Posts
    • 6,644 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 20th Dec 17, 6:27 PM
    • 20th Dec 17, 6:27 PM
    If it arrived with you on 20 December, referring to an event on 03 December, then it has been delivered after the fourteen days allowed to hold the keeper liable.
    Keep the envelope.

Why do you think it isn't a golden ticket?

Unfortunately Schedule 4 of PoFA says:
    (6) A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered (and so !!!8220;given!!!8221; for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4)) on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose !!!8220;working day!!!8221; means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales.
    The problem you will have is "proving the contrary".

Anyway, as you will have read in the first few lines of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread:
    START YOUR OWN NEW THREAD IF YOU FEEL YOU STILL NEED TO ASK FOR ADVICE, BUT PLEASE NOT:

''I have read the NEWBIES thread but cannot find anything specific to my case...my case is different''.

NO IT ISN'T. AND YOU DO NOT NEED SPECIFICS - FORGET THE DETAIL, THESE CASES ARE ALL THE SAME.
    Send of the appropriate appeal from the first post on the NEWBIES thread.
    Last edited by KeithP; 20-12-2017 at 6:39 PM.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 20th Dec 17, 7:12 PM
    • 18,113 Posts
    • 22,902 Thanks
    Redx
    • 20th Dec 17, 7:12 PM
    • 20th Dec 17, 7:12 PM
    plenty of threads about late NTK`s on here over the last 3 months

like this one

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73242562

I even adapted the template for that person
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 20th Dec 17, 7:17 PM
    • 2,454 Posts
    • 3,004 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 20th Dec 17, 7:17 PM
    • 20th Dec 17, 7:17 PM
    Not tricky to prove. Signed witness statement. They!!!8217;re then stuffed as they!!!8217;d have to accuse the op of perjury.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 20th Dec 17, 7:21 PM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 20th Dec 17, 7:21 PM
    • 20th Dec 17, 7:21 PM
    As above, the motorist has to prove nothing.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • CM7NL
    • By CM7NL 5th Mar 18, 12:12 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CM7NL
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:12 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:12 PM
    Hi guys, I have just recieved a letter dated 29th of January, (apologising for the slight delay) telling me that my appeal has been rejected and that I have 28 days to appeal to POPLA.

That 28 days would have expired about ten days ago!!

I!!!8217;m unsure what to do next?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Mar 18, 12:23 PM
    • 36,621 Posts
    • 82,942 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:23 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:23 PM
    There is nothing you can do now except wait to see if parking lie start court.

Why didn't you do a PoPLA appeal? You could try a late appeal but I doubt if the code will work now. They normally only work for about 32 days.

You could ask parking lie for a new PoPLA code saying that the ADR Act 2015 states that alternative dispute resolution must be allowed for not less than one year.

The only other thing you can do is complain to your MP about this unregulated scam.

These are some of the comments made by the MPs in Parliament concerning the unregulated parking industry (Feb 2018):

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

''Rip-offs from car park Cowboys must stop''; unfair treatment; signage deliberately confusing to ensure a PCN is issued; ''years of abuse by rogue parking companies''; bloodsuckers; ''the current system of regulation is hopeless, like putting Dracula in charge of the blood-bank''; extortionate fines; rogue operators; ''sense of injustice''; unfair charges and notices; wilfully misleading; signage is a deliberate act to deceive or mislead; ''confusing signs are often deliberate, to trap innocent drivers''; unreasonable; a curse; harassing; operating in a disgusting way; appeals service is no guarantee of a fair hearing; loathed; outrageous scam; dodgy practice; outrageous abuse; unscrupulous practices; ''the British Parking Association is as much use as a multi-storey car park in the Gobi desert''; and finally, by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists and ordinary residents should not have to put up with this''.

These are the exact words used, so you should quote them to your MP in a complaint and ask him/her to contact Sir Greg Knight MP if he wants further information about this scam.

By the way, your comments in your first post about the driver being in the car park for 30 minutes and not getting out of the car is called parking.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 05-03-2018 at 12:26 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • CM7NL
    • By CM7NL 5th Mar 18, 12:31 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CM7NL
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:31 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:31 PM
    I didnít submit a POPLA appeal because I have only just recieved the code today. Ten days after it ran out......
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 5th Mar 18, 12:54 PM
    • 2,454 Posts
    • 3,004 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:54 PM
    • 5th Mar 18, 12:54 PM
    Email them stating you only have just received their letter, that clearly the code has expired, and you require a new code.
    As this does not cost them anything, it would be unreaosnable of them to refuse this request.
    • CM7NL
    • By CM7NL 5th Mar 18, 1:09 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CM7NL
    Thankyou, Iíll do that and see what they say.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Mar 18, 1:57 PM
    • 36,621 Posts
    • 82,942 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Also complain to the BPA that the code has arrived too late for you to use.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Mar 18, 6:07 PM
    • 17,571 Posts
    • 27,778 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Also complain to the BPA that the code has arrived too late for you to use.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake
    Strong complaint as advised by Fruitcake.

aos@britishparking.co.uk - FTAO Mr Steve Clark
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Mar 18, 6:35 PM
    • 57,393 Posts
    • 70,997 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hang on hang on!!

Does that code still work tonight?!! Test it and put in a POPLA appeal TONIGHT if so.
    That 28 days would have expired about ten days ago!!
    No it won't, that code would have worked over the weekend. Maybe even today as a last day...
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• CM7NL
    • By CM7NL 5th Mar 18, 8:27 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CM7NL
    It said 28 days from the 29th of January. I did try it today, but it wouldn!!!8217;t except it on the POPLA website.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Mar 18, 11:30 PM
    • 57,393 Posts
    • 70,997 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    We know it said 28 days, no need to tell us that, we know what it says.

We know they last 33 days.

You could have done this over the weekend, if it had arrived by then.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• CM7NL
    • By CM7NL 16th Mar 18, 3:37 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CM7NL
    Parking Eye have replied:

!!!8220;Thank you for your correspondence in relation to the Parking Charge ....

Your appeal was rejected and a POPLA verification code was provided. This gave you 28 days to appeal to POPLA. Unfortunately your time to appeal has now expired.

ParkingEye are therefore unable to assist you via our appeals process.

We request payment is made within 14 days. Upon receipt of this payment the matter will be closed and you will receive no further correspondence from ParkingEye.!!!8221;
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 16th Mar 18, 3:41 PM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for alleged breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

144Posts Today

1,291Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin