Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jrO
    • By jrO 19th Dec 17, 1:52 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jrO
    PCN Compliance
    • 19th Dec 17, 1:52 PM
    PCN Compliance 19th Dec 17 at 1:52 PM
    Received a PCN from Indigo through the post.

Appealing today through the suggested BPA route on Day 26.

Noticed on the legislation that it mentions the amount of any unpaid parking charges must be specified, I can't see that most PCN's list this? Mine certainly doesn't..

9(1)A notice which is to be relied on as a notice to keeper for the purposes of paragraph 6(1)(b) is given in accordance with this paragraph if the following requirements are met.
    (2)The notice mustó

(d)specify the total amount of those parking charges that are unpaid, as at a time which isó
    (i)specified in the notice; and
    (ii)no later than the end of the day before the day on which the notice is either sent by post or, as the case may be, handed to or left at a current address for service for the keeper (see sub-paragraph (4));

legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2012/9/schedule/4/enacted

Can anyone advise as to whether this would make the PCN non compliant if it does not list the unpaid parking charge of say £6.

If so should this be listed in the appeal letter to the BPA? Many thanks..
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 19th Dec 17, 1:57 PM
    • 36,798 Posts
    • 83,261 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 19th Dec 17, 1:57 PM
    • 19th Dec 17, 1:57 PM
    The BPA template is there so that the driver's identity isn't revealed, and a PoPLA code is obtained. Do not add anything or take anything away unless you really know what you at doing.

Day 26 applies to a windscreen ticket, not a NTK through the post, however appealing a postal NTK late as possible does help if Byelaws apply.

Save any NTK non-compliance for PoPLA.

Was this by any chance a station car park? If so, Byelaws will probably apply in which case there will be no opportunity for PoPLA.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 19-12-2017 at 2:00 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • jrO
    • By jrO 19th Dec 17, 2:01 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jrO
    • 19th Dec 17, 2:01 PM
    • 19th Dec 17, 2:01 PM
    It is a station car park. Does that suggest I really need it overturned at initial stage in order to save any trouble?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 19th Dec 17, 3:57 PM
    • 36,798 Posts
    • 83,261 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 19th Dec 17, 3:57 PM
    • 19th Dec 17, 3:57 PM
    If Byelaws apply then you need to play ping-pong with Indigo until it becomes statute barred after six months. Please tell us if the NTD mentioned penalty/byelaws.

Generally where railway byelaws apply, only the train operating company or landowner (possibly Network Rail) can take the vehicle owner (not the driver or keeper) to (magistrates) court, only for trespass, and only within six months of the alleged event.

Do a forum search for Indigo and railway byelaws, selecting, Show Posts, to get an idea how to ask pertinent questions about byelaws, such as how they can pursue a parking charge when the POFA 2012 doesn't apply as this is non-relevant land.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Dec 17, 6:20 PM
    • 58,328 Posts
    • 71,857 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Dec 17, 6:20 PM
    • 19th Dec 17, 6:20 PM
    It is a station car park. Does that suggest I really need it overturned at initial stage in order to save any trouble?
    Originally posted by jrO
    You won't get it overturned (at all) and you won't get POPLA, and will the BPA care about anything to do with this 'penalty', but nor will there be any 'trouble' and nor will you pay it.

Same as all the other Indigo railway threads you can read when you search the forum for those 2 words. String it out with replies for 6 months then it's over.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• jrO
    • By jrO 4th Jan 18, 2:01 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jrO
    • 4th Jan 18, 2:01 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 2:01 PM
    Thanks for your help. Any idea how long you can get away without replying for?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jan 18, 10:15 PM
    • 58,328 Posts
    • 71,857 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:15 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 10:15 PM
    errrrm...re-read my last line. Replies or no replies, it's over after 6 months.

As an aside, please contact WHICH? magazine using the easy link from this thread to tell them briefly of your plight. The more people who contact WHICH, the more likely they are to take up this unregulated scam industry as their next cause:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5765579
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 05-01-2018 at 11:37 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,157Posts Today

5,576Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin