Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • poppyindie
    • By poppyindie 19th Dec 17, 12:09 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    poppyindie
    continue ignoring Zenith?
    • 19th Dec 17, 12:09 PM
    continue ignoring Zenith? 19th Dec 17 at 12:09 PM
    I am presently being chased for 2 separate fines from Euro Car Parks, one in relation to parking in a Sainsburys car park for too long and the other for spending slightly longer than 20 mins in a petrol station!

One fine dates back to March 2017 and the other is from August 2017. So far I have completely ignored the letters, which in both instances, have been passed from ECP to Debt Recovery Plus and then to Zenith Collections (which I understand are the same company).

After doing a bit more research I think I may have made a mistake by simply ignoring the correspondence, and I should have appealed early on. Because I didn't, what is the best course of action for me to take now? I have been offered various "discounted" amounts if I choose to settle now, all of which are actually higher than the original full fine, so maths obviously isn't their strong point.

Am I ok to just continue ignoring them, or would you advise that I send a letter now, even though it has been months since the initial letters? Will they eventually go away if I ignore them?

Many thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • bergkamp
    • By bergkamp 19th Dec 17, 12:10 PM
    • 172 Posts
    • 299 Thanks
    bergkamp
    • 19th Dec 17, 12:10 PM
    • 19th Dec 17, 12:10 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822#4
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Dec 17, 1:16 PM
    • 17,322 Posts
    • 27,294 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 19th Dec 17, 1:16 PM
    • 19th Dec 17, 1:16 PM
    Have you complained to Sainsbury!!!8217;s and the petrol station and ask them to get involved and cancel the respective charges?

Will they eventually go away if I ignore them?
    Once 6 years have passed, ECP can do no more. Before then they could issue court proceedings, but they don!!!8217;t have any !!!8216;form!!!8217; for doing so at the moment.

Ignore DRP/Zenith.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Sandy toes
    • By Sandy toes 22nd Feb 18, 7:42 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sandy toes
    • 22nd Feb 18, 7:42 AM
    • 22nd Feb 18, 7:42 AM
    I am in the same position! Cant hp you but you are not alone!
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 22nd Feb 18, 8:26 AM
    • 9,064 Posts
    • 8,761 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 22nd Feb 18, 8:26 AM
    • 22nd Feb 18, 8:26 AM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (who take hundreds of these cases to court, and nearly always lose), who have also been reported to the regulatory authority.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Feb 18, 9:40 PM
    • 56,275 Posts
    • 69,906 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd Feb 18, 9:40 PM
    • 22nd Feb 18, 9:40 PM
    I am in the same position! Cant hp you but you are not alone!
    Originally posted by Sandy toes
    Zenith are Debt Recovery Plus; all just trash letters:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3829727

No need to get any advice about debt collector stage, this has not changed for a decade.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Mooboo177
    • By Mooboo177 14th Apr 18, 9:25 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mooboo177
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:25 AM
    Zenith
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:25 AM
    Hi, I also followed advice to ignore DRP letters and this morning have received one from Zenith which I also plan to ignore ... however - when I received my first letter from Euro Carparks claiming I hadn't paid I submitted an appeal because I had paid for my ticket via my mobile and I submitted proof of this - they sent a generic response back saying they rejected my appeal and that was it... now im worrying because every thread says 'do not reply' but I did reply, and I still have my evidence I paid but have since thought 'you didn't read my appeal properly so you can waste your money sending letters' - am I stuffed because I appealed?!
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 14th Apr 18, 9:31 AM
    • 9,064 Posts
    • 8,761 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:31 AM
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:31 AM
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 14th Apr 18, 9:37 AM
    • 35,136 Posts
    • 19,238 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:37 AM
    • 14th Apr 18, 9:37 AM
    @Mooboi

No good hijacking someone else's thread like this

Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to understand what you can and can't ignore.

If you have any questions please then start your own thread
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

132Posts Today

1,987Users online

Martin's Twitter