Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 2
  • Giff
    Google writers market, there's loads of info on there for budding writers. All free once you have registered
  • spiddy100
    I snapped a celebrity I spotted on a day out and sent it to HEAT magazine who printed it - still waiting for my 200 though, three months later
    That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest. Henry David Thoreau
  • greentomato
    I've posted something on the dedicated photographs thread, Colin.
    Originally posted by Zedkay
    Can anyone tell me where to find the photographs thread please? thank you....
  • briona
    Can anyone tell me where to find the photographs thread please? thank you....
    Originally posted by greentomato
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=576153

This might be the thread you're looking for making money by selling photos online?!
    If I don't respond to your posts, it's probably because you're on my 'Ignore' list.
  • nboldock
    I snapped a celebrity I spotted on a day out and sent it to HEAT magazine who printed it - still waiting for my 200 though, three months later
    Originally posted by spiddy100
    Chase them. Seriously. And then chase them again. If that doesn't work, chase them AGAIN!
  • nboldock
    I bought the Writers Bureau course on Ebay for 15, and I am enjoying reading it. I recently had an article in Full House Magazine I just supplied the details to a free lance writer and they wrote the article and I received 150. In future now I will write my own and get the full fee. http://www.starnow.co.uk/Magazines-newspapers/index.htm
    This is a good site that advertises which Magazines are looking for articles/photographs etc. It really isa good way to make some extra cash
    Originally posted by fabwitch
    That's an excellent site which I wasn't previously aware of. Thanks for that. It is now in my "favourites"!

Personally I'd really like to see a dedicated thread on freelance writing as it's a rich market for those of us who have the urge... maybe this thread could become the nerve centre for discussion on that topic? Or maybe we could pressure Admin to give us our own thread?

I'm always on the lookout for new markets and it would be a great thread to develop I think, also helping out new writers who have never "taken the plunge" before! I'm certainly happy to help out wherever I can (PM me if you like).

Nik.
  • nboldock
    That's an excellent site which I wasn't previously aware of. Thanks for that. It is now in my "favourites"!

Nik.
    Originally posted by nboldock
    Damn. 4.99 per month. Now deleted from my favourites.
    • Nordictat2
    • By Nordictat2 27th Jan 08, 10:44 AM
    • 1,516 Posts
    • 1,365 Thanks
    Nordictat2
    I bought the Writers Bureau course on Ebay for 15, and I am enjoying reading it. I recently had an article in Full House Magazine I just supplied the details to a free lance writer and they wrote the article and I received 150. In future now I will write my own and get the full fee. http://www.starnow.co.uk/Magazines-newspapers/index.htm
    This is a good site that advertises which Magazines are looking for articles/photographs etc. It really isa good way to make some extra cash
    Originally posted by fabwitch
    Well if you joined this site....you have to pay to join/submit your info.
    *If you like the advice I give...let me know by clicking the THANKS button*
    • DUKE
    • By DUKE 27th Jan 08, 8:28 PM
    • 7,052 Posts
    • 302,373 Thanks
    DUKE
    cheers tabs is that a book??? have you got an isbn number???
    Originally posted by lauradora
    There's this here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Writers-Artists-Yearbook-2008/dp/0713683716 or you can get one from the library, I don't think that you're allowed to take it out though :confused: Been a long time since I looked through it.
    • teedy23
    • By teedy23 1st Feb 08, 1:37 PM
    • 1,988 Posts
    • 4,628 Thanks
    teedy23
    Writing letters to The Sun is good for !!!163;10 every week or so. Just keep it succinct (30 words, no more) and keep it relevent (check the headlines that day). You can email the letter (so no cost of stationery or a stamp) and you can access the articles online (no cost of a paper which I don't want to read anyway). When I can be bothered to do it regularly I find it does pay!

Also, the tips sections in Take a Break, That's Life etc do seem to be short of material. Well worth a go - particularly if you send a photo. I've had quite a few published. I have to say though, some of them must be made up by staff - especially the one that said "save money on spin drying by putting your freshly washed underwear in a salad spinner"... ugh!
    Originally posted by ali1972
    hanks for this, I,ve just seen a blooper in print and know some mags like to print these things. Now I just have to find out which ones and how to do it for free i.e. not pay for mag
    p.s. dont try the salad spinning thing at home it can make your bum dizzy
    Dabbler in all things moneysaving.Master of none
  • punkrockprincess
    I love reading the tips in Real People and that, I just emailed one in, I hope they pick it I could could use the money!

Some of the tips must be made up, some people are not that cheap, surely!
  • Fliss_Harper
    I think persistence and determination is key. I have started writing quite a bit for websites, www.carrentals.co.uk is one of the sites I work for, and I've wrote a few little articles for www.411mania.com .

Local newspapers are fairly easy to get into as well. I advised a friend who wanted to write a sports article and it went on the front page of the sports section!
    single mum of 2 boys
    freelance travel writer
    hope I can help you
    • red devil
    • By red devil 8th Feb 08, 4:00 PM
    • 10,407 Posts
    • 7,755 Thanks
    red devil
    do you have to supply photos with storys i have storys but wouldnt wanted pic printed.
    • red devil
    • By red devil 8th Feb 08, 4:01 PM
    • 10,407 Posts
    • 7,755 Thanks
    red devil
    I think persistence and determination is key. I have started writing quite a bit for websites, www.carrentals.co.uk is one of the sites I work for, and I've wrote a few little articles for www.411mania.com .

Local newspapers are fairly easy to get into as well. I advised a friend who wanted to write a sports article and it went on the front page of the sports section!
    Originally posted by Fliss_Harper
    links dont work
    • red devil
    • By red devil 8th Feb 08, 4:03 PM
    • 10,407 Posts
    • 7,755 Thanks
    red devil
    i once sent a pic into magazine and got 25 but then i sent pics in to another mag and never got them back you have to be careful.
  • nboldock
    i once sent a pic into magazine and got 25 but then i sent pics in to another mag and never got them back you have to be careful.
    Originally posted by red devil
    Without stating the obvious you should obviously keep the originals and preferably watermark or otherwise identify the ones you send in.
  • nboldock
    links dont work
    Originally posted by red devil
    How true, and how suspicious...

Or am I just being paranoid? (Or is it just something people say about me behind my back?)
    • emweaver
    • By emweaver 10th Feb 08, 1:26 AM
    • 8,227 Posts
    • 184,220 Thanks
    emweaver
    Every week I looked at the cute baby & funny pics in Take a Break and thought what an easy way to make a 100. I had a really nice photo of my daughter (10months dressed as tigger with a tigger sitting next to her) e-mailed to them and bob's your uncle. The photo was printed in feb this year a cheque arrived a couple of weeks later.

If only they'd print one a week!
    Originally posted by helliecopter

Ive been looking on their site but cant find any info on how to email in a photo. Can you help me pls?
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, 15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • pennypuppy
    I once got something in Private Eye (I was listening to radio and heard the presenter make a daft mistake) published - think I got a tenner...still the kudos!!!!!!!!!!

• f1re_cr4cker
    • By f1re_cr4cker 10th Feb 08, 7:36 AM
    • 1,422 Posts
    • 602 Thanks
    f1re_cr4cker
    hi i know that starnow ite u have to pay for but i found this and she leaves her email address so its free!
    http://www.starnow.co.uk/noticeboard/NoticeDetail.aspx?notice_id=248
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,044Posts Today

5,877Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin