Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • aftershockbm
    • By aftershockbm 18th Dec 17, 7:01 PM
    • 41Posts
    • 1Thanks
    aftershockbm
    Appeal Letter
    • 18th Dec 17, 7:01 PM
    Appeal Letter 18th Dec 17 at 7:01 PM
    The wind blew a paid for parking ticket on to a car seat which was face up and visible. The Driver of the car appealed their 60 now 100 later invoice. The ticket belongs to the driver, which was not disclosed. They received a letter back after appealing. It says in order to process the appeal then needed their name. Should they give their name. It also says they need it within 28 days or they could incur more charges & then can get it off DVLA anyway.

They used the std appeal letter from the site.

Any advice on what to do.
    Last edited by aftershockbm; 19-12-2017 at 9:59 AM.
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Feb 18, 11:40 PM
    • 57,390 Posts
    • 70,992 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I'd like to see the NTH that PCN admin centre* sent you that tells you that you can't appeal.

* ZZPS I think! AGAIN telling people they can't appeal, when they can!!!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• aftershockbm
    • By aftershockbm 6th Mar 18, 4:03 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    aftershockbm
    Can I appeal then?

I am really confused what to do next and very stressed/anxious. Do I just wait for them or write letters to BPA, MP etc.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Mar 18, 4:15 PM
    • 7,167 Posts
    • 6,642 Thanks
    KeithP
    The more you delay things, the less likely you are going to be able to appeal.

A week and a half ago you were asked to show us the letter you received from PC Admin Centre that tells you you can't appeal.
    • aftershockbm
    • By aftershockbm 6th Mar 18, 4:55 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    aftershockbm
    So who do I appeal to. When it says I cannot is my question. I have been away on business. At the end of the day I have a ticket to prove I paid for my parking. I blew off onto the seat. I should not be wearing a 100+ bill as a result.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 6th Mar 18, 5:21 PM
    • 36,621 Posts
    • 82,942 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    You appeal to the parking company. Have you told us who that is yet?
    Then you complain to the lease company about the rubbish they said in their letters to you.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 6th Mar 18, 5:25 PM
    • 36,621 Posts
    • 82,942 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Please see letter - https://ibb.co/jD0hSc

&

https://ibb.co/f4WQDH

&

authorise letter

https://ibb.co/cWfP7c
    Originally posted by aftershockbm
    Hang on, has the lease company charged you for this PCN? If so you won't be able to appeal. You will have to deal direct with the lease company to demand your money back.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • aftershockbm
    • By aftershockbm 6th Mar 18, 5:43 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    aftershockbm
    Hi,

The lease company are telling me they will charge me if they have not, but have not. I will appeal to parking company again (I have done already, but they wanted the drivers details to process). I will also appeal to the BPA, leasing company & MP etc. Thanks for your help.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Mar 18, 6:22 PM
    • 57,390 Posts
    • 70,992 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    DO NOT give the driver's details; you need to use the standard hirer appeal if you have had a NTH.

Why do you say the parking firm has written to you saying you can't appeal? Where's that NTH?

The only letters I can see are from the hire firm saying that they can't appeal on your behalf, therefore they have give the PPC your details as hirer.

And then you should be sent your own NTH which is your chance to appeal as hirer.

NOT DRIVER.

So, since you got that letter from the hire firm, have you had a Notice to Hirer to YOUR address from the PPC, offering appeal? If not yet, that's what you wait for. If yes, please show it.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• aftershockbm
    • By aftershockbm 7th Mar 18, 11:34 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    aftershockbm
    Could you take a phone call on this.?

Not sure if allowed. Just think your advice could be given quicker.

DO NOT give the driver's details; you need to use the standard hirer appeal if you have had a NTH. - Don't understand what NTH means.

Why do you say the parking firm has written to you saying you can't appeal? Where's that NTH? - I have had a letter back from parking firm asking for my name to process appeal (I used the registered keeper template not realising I was not the registered keeper only a hirer). I ignored it and then they contacted DVLA for registered keeper details.

So, since you got that letter from the hire firm, have you had a Notice to Hirer to YOUR address from the PPC, offering appeal? If not yet, that's what you wait for. If yes, please show it.

So I have a letter to pay the full amount and cannot appeal, this has been sent to me directly. But there is more than 1 person who can drive the car. The hirer name is what has been passed on. This was from the agency to collect payment on behalf of the parking company.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 7th Mar 18, 11:43 AM
    • 35,573 Posts
    • 19,789 Thanks
    Quentin
    Acronyms regularly used here (eg nth) are covered in the Newbies FAQ #4
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Mar 18, 12:03 PM
    • 7,167 Posts
    • 6,642 Thanks
    KeithP
    Please re-read posts #21 and #23.

You started this thread nearly three months ago.
    Ten minutes after you started this thread you were asked for the name of the parking company.
    You were asked again for that information on 23 February.
    You still haven't supplied it.

Are you reading the replies you are getting?
    • aftershockbm
    • By aftershockbm 7th Mar 18, 12:30 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    aftershockbm
    Yes I have supplied everything. If it was that easy I would have sorted it by now. I don't see any # in the newbies section. Perhaps it should be rewritten to make it more clear. If you are a driver - follow this link and do A, B, C. If you are a keeper do etc.
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 7th Mar 18, 12:34 PM
    • 2,454 Posts
    • 3,003 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Perhaps you can look more carefully, and see that every post has a number beside it.
    For example, the post where you said this was post 32

YOU STILL havent given thename of the parking company. Answer all questiosn, theyre asked and reasked for a reason.
    • aftershockbm
    • By aftershockbm 7th Mar 18, 12:36 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    aftershockbm
    KeithP,

You started this thread nearly three months ago. - yes then went away, I had thought can then came back via my Hiring company.

You were asked again for that information on 23 February. - I must have had this in a different thread. Key parking solutions ltd.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Mar 18, 12:42 PM
    • 7,167 Posts
    • 6,642 Thanks
    KeithP
    Ah yes.

I don't think anyone had noticed, and you never told us, that this is your second thread about this incident.
    • aftershockbm
    • By aftershockbm 7th Mar 18, 12:49 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    aftershockbm
    KeithP,

The problem is they issued the ticket in Nov 2017. They seemed to have gone away. I contacted the lease company in Jan 2018 and nothing. I had thought they must have thought a ticket had been purchased for parking, we won't bother. How wrong was I. Passed it on to an agency to do the dirty work and ask me for 100+.

It's now gone over the 14 days. As I should have sorted this already. But with work and being away, lost track of time. Urgently need to do something. I am appealing on their website is that wise or should I shove a letter in the post.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Mar 18, 12:54 PM
    • 7,167 Posts
    • 6,642 Thanks
    KeithP
    I am appealing on their website is that wise or should I shove a letter in the post.
    Originally posted by aftershockbm
    Yes if you wish.

As post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ thread tells you:
    DON'T POST UNLESS YOU HAVE TO - ALWAYS USE THE ONLINE APPEAL PAGE
    • waamo
    • By waamo 7th Mar 18, 12:56 PM
    • 3,183 Posts
    • 4,210 Thanks
    waamo
    Appeal on their website and take a screenshot in case they deny receiving it.
    This space for hire.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Mar 18, 2:49 PM
    • 17,571 Posts
    • 27,778 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    It looks like you are far too late to appeal this. But I wouldn't be too concerned about Key Parking Solutions. Bit-part Operator with absolutely no history of litigation.

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002414629-Key-Parking-Solutions-Ltd

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Key_Parking_Solutions.html

Could you take a phone call on this.?
    Do you mean like a personal telephone number? Everyone would want to be having personal calls with regulars, our phone lines would be permanently engaged.

Please don't take this personally, it's not aimed at you, but do you realise how many incognito nutters there are out there? Wouldn't a parking company just absolutely love to have the phone numbers of regulars here - who they would see as disrupting their business model.

Our lives are inundated in answering queries on the forum, without offering the opportunity for people to phone us up, with all its inherent risks.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Mar 18, 4:09 PM
    • 57,390 Posts
    • 70,992 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Phone is not how to discuss parking appeals - pointless, waste of time warbling on the phone!

Not that we give out personal data on the forum.
    But I wouldn't be too concerned about Key Parking Solutions.
    Agreed, their daft demand letters are nothing to lose sleep over!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4Posts Today

4,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin