IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN - parking in my own space

Options

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    80% + chance of loosing , the IAS is owned by gladstones who are solisitors that offer no win no fee paperwork
    you have now given then ALL info needed to work a case against you
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You say “sigh” but this guy only a few days ago won his appeal to the IAS and his charge is exactly the same as mine. Surely it’s worth giving it a go with nothing to lose.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5767888

Highly unusual to win with the IAS, they are a scam
    started by the incompetent Gladstones and set up
    to support their members

If you wish to appeal to them, we cannot stop you
    but get ready for a rejection.

Even if they reject it, you are not bound by it and
    this would not sway a real judge in making the
    right decision

You will start getting letters from pathetic debt
    collectors which YOU IGNORE ... NO POWER

Finally, Gladstones will threaten you and then
    you will have gone the full circle with the scam

Gladstones = IPC=IAS ..... - SCAM
  • nasescoba1985
    Options
    If I have evidence that proves this is my own parking space and I have sufficient evidence to back this up then they can hardly counter against it, just because I put forward this evidence to IAS. If it goes to court, then I’ll just use this same evidence and argue my case. Either way, I don’t see how appealing to IAS could potentially ruin my case.
  • nasescoba1985
    Options
    Look guys, I am expecting a rejection and I will folllow your advice and ignore them from now on, until I receive a court paper through the post. Then I will come on here and get the advice needed to fight the case :) I just thought I might aswell give this IAS a go. I have nothing to lose as I’ll be taking them to court if need be anyway.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Stress is very difficult to plead. You probably would need support from your GP/Psychiatrist. You said of your landlord

because he was being petty that residents were using 2nd cars to park in visitors bays.

This is not pettiness, this is hugely annoying and anti social behaviour. It is also very possibly a breach of your lease/AST/. It is such behaviour which encourages MAs to hire these scammers.

If you really want to punish the PPC, read about harassment, breach of DPA held data, and unreasonable behaviour. IANAL, but IMO you would struggle with stress, especially head to head with a solicitor or barrister.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • The_Deep
    Options
    To be fair I have put on my case to IAS that I will be taking UK CPM to court and I also mentioned I’ll be taking them to court for stress.

Stress is very difficult to win, especially as you do not appear to have grasped the problem. You said

because he was being petty that residents were using 2nd cars to park in visitors bays.

There is nothing petty here. Residents parking second cars in visitors places are not only selfish, but probably in breach of the T&C of their leases/ASTs.

If you want to punish the PPC read up on harassment, DPA breaches, and unreasonable behaviour.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sir Deep, certainly a DPA breach is in order

Let the disillusioned Gladstones get involved, let
    a judge whoop them again and claim a data breach
  • The_Deep
    Options
    Indeed, but I am not sure that OP would be able to mount such a challenge. His/her use of the word "petty" concerns me.
  • nasescoba1985
    Options
    Mate there’s nothing selfish about it. We are a small complex of 14 apartments. It’s a private complex and we are all pretty close and we’re in agreement as a collective group that parking 2nd cars in visitors bays was fine. The property management team were being petty and spiteful because the residents association decided to complain about the management of the complex, I.E. the cleaning etc and the property manager didn’t like it so decided to go about this parking company bolloks. Anyway, this is more to do with my own space rather than visitors and they have no right to charge me a fine for parking in my own space.
  • The_Deep
    edited 10 January 2018 at 12:25PM
    Options
    Mate there’s nothing selfish about it.

I am not your mate. I am a landlord who owns a flat in a block of 130 flats some of which are tenanted by benefit bludgers and riff raff, many of whom own two cars.

One of these ne'er do wells constantly parks in a visitors' space. Another monopolises a BB space. As a consequence, when I visit my property I often have to park in the street, some extra 100 yards walk, (I have a BB and difficulty walking).

If you have two cars and only one parking space the solution is to either sell one car or move.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure