Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 18th Dec 17, 1:51 PM
    • 106Posts
    • 54Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    PCN - parking in my own space
    • 18th Dec 17, 1:51 PM
    PCN - parking in my own space 18th Dec 17 at 1:51 PM
    Hey guys.

Cut a long story slightly short. I own my property in a small gated apartment development. The property mamagement director decided to implement a parking company ( CPM uk car park management ) last August because he was being petty and bitter that the residents were forming an association and complaining about the management of the complex + residents were using 2nd cars to park in visitors bays.

Anyway, we all received our own permits without any justification, apart from a rubbish forceful email stating we were now having to dispaly these permits. I recieved one which is for my own parking space. Now, I had no choice at this moment in time but to abide by the new "rules" and put my permit on my dashboard and on this particular occasion a few months down the line, I shut my door and the wind must of blew the permit off.

I received a PCN for parking in my own bloody space as my permit wasn't on the dashboard. Anyway I sent an appeal letter basically stating this is my own space and providing them with a copy of my permit , plus I explained the reasoning why my permit fell off. I also put in my letter, if this is rejected can they provide me with a popla code.

I just received a letter back today rejecting my appeal explaining they acknowledge my proof of permit but because I didn't display the permit properly, I need to pay the fine. They obviously have the photo evidence on the letter to. Obviously no way in a million years am I paying these !!!!s any sort of money to park in my own private parking space. I also appealed via IAS, as i felt that i can atleast justify in court if need be, that i went down every avenue to try and overturn this charge. What do I do now?

I had a quick look at the newbies thread which looks very helpful but there is a lot of detail on it so I'm not sure if my particular case is relevant and if I can get a template from someone so I can write back to these

Thank you
    Last edited by nasescoba1985; 09-02-2018 at 8:52 AM. Reason: Add more info
Page 3
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 10th Jan 18, 9:48 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    To be fair I have put on my case to IAS that I will be taking UK CPM to court and I also mentioned I!!!8217;ll be taking them to court for stress.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 10th Jan 18, 9:50 AM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    80% + chance of loosing , the IAS is owned by gladstones who are solisitors that offer no win no fee paperwork
    you have now given then ALL info needed to work a case against you
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Jan 18, 10:15 AM
    • 7,512 Posts
    • 10,004 Thanks
    beamerguy
    You say “sigh” but this guy only a few days ago won his appeal to the IAS and his charge is exactly the same as mine. Surely it’s worth giving it a go with nothing to lose.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5767888
    Originally posted by nasescoba1985
    Highly unusual to win with the IAS, they are a scam
    started by the incompetent Gladstones and set up
    to support their members

If you wish to appeal to them, we cannot stop you
    but get ready for a rejection.

Even if they reject it, you are not bound by it and
    this would not sway a real judge in making the
    right decision

You will start getting letters from pathetic debt
    collectors which YOU IGNORE ... NO POWER

Finally, Gladstones will threaten you and then
    you will have gone the full circle with the scam

Gladstones = IPC=IAS ..... - SCAM
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 10th Jan 18, 10:17 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    If I have evidence that proves this is my own parking space and I have sufficient evidence to back this up then they can hardly counter against it, just because I put forward this evidence to IAS. If it goes to court, then I’ll just use this same evidence and argue my case. Either way, I don’t see how appealing to IAS could potentially ruin my case.
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 10th Jan 18, 10:20 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Look guys, I am expecting a rejection and I will folllow your advice and ignore them from now on, until I receive a court paper through the post. Then I will come on here and get the advice needed to fight the case I just thought I might aswell give this IAS a go. I have nothing to lose as I!!!8217;ll be taking them to court if need be anyway.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Jan 18, 10:31 AM
    • 9,471 Posts
    • 9,222 Thanks
    The Deep
    Stress is very difficult to plead. You probably would need support from your GP/Psychiatrist. You said of your landlord

because he was being petty that residents were using 2nd cars to park in visitors bays.

This is not pettiness, this is hugely annoying and anti social behaviour. It is also very possibly a breach of your lease/AST/. It is such behaviour which encourages MAs to hire these scammers.

If you really want to punish the PPC, read about harassment, breach of DPA held data, and unreasonable behaviour. IANAL, but IMO you would struggle with stress, especially head to head with a solicitor or barrister.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Jan 18, 10:39 AM
    • 9,471 Posts
    • 9,222 Thanks
    The Deep
    To be fair I have put on my case to IAS that I will be taking UK CPM to court and I also mentioned I!!!8217;ll be taking them to court for stress.
    Originally posted by nasescoba1985
    Stress is very difficult to win, especially as you do not appear to have grasped the problem. You said

because he was being petty that residents were using 2nd cars to park in visitors bays.

There is nothing petty here. Residents parking second cars in visitors places are not only selfish, but probably in breach of the T&C of their leases/ASTs.

If you want to punish the PPC read up on harassment, DPA breaches, and unreasonable behaviour.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Jan 18, 10:43 AM
    • 7,512 Posts
    • 10,004 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Sir Deep, certainly a DPA breach is in order

Let the disillusioned Gladstones get involved, let
    a judge whoop them again and claim a data breach

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Jan 18, 10:52 AM
    • 9,471 Posts
    • 9,222 Thanks
    The Deep
    Indeed, but I am not sure that OP would be able to mount such a challenge. His/her use of the word "petty" concerns me.
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 10th Jan 18, 10:57 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Mate there’s nothing selfish about it. We are a small complex of 14 apartments. It’s a private complex and we are all pretty close and we’re in agreement as a collective group that parking 2nd cars in visitors bays was fine. The property management team were being petty and spiteful because the residents association decided to complain about the management of the complex, I.E. the cleaning etc and the property manager didn’t like it so decided to go about this parking company bolloks. Anyway, this is more to do with my own space rather than visitors and they have no right to charge me a fine for parking in my own space.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Jan 18, 11:17 AM
    • 9,471 Posts
    • 9,222 Thanks
    The Deep
    Mate there!!!8217;s nothing selfish about it.

I am not your mate. I am a landlord who owns a flat in a block of 130 flats some of which are tenanted by benefit bludgers and riff raff, many of whom own two cars.

One of these ne'er do wells constantly parks in a visitors' space. Another monopolises a BB space. As a consequence, when I visit my property I often have to park in the street, some extra 100 yards walk, (I have a BB and difficulty walking).

If you have two cars and only one parking space the solution is to either sell one car or move.
    Last edited by The Deep; 10-01-2018 at 11:25 AM.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 10th Jan 18, 11:24 AM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    a blue badge = %^&* all on private land

are you 110% sure the person does not have a reason for parking there , quite often "reason" may not be a simple limp or walking stick

personally I would tell your chauffeur to drop you at the door , then await your return by parking on the public road
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Jan 18, 11:33 AM
    • 9,471 Posts
    • 9,222 Thanks
    The Deep
    I had to let the chauffeur go, hurricane Irma did me no favours.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Jan 18, 11:38 AM
    • 7,512 Posts
    • 10,004 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I can understand your frustration but the advice
    is to go full term on this well knowing that you
    will be dealing with incompetent solicitors who
    will, with a residential case put a noose around
    their neck and hang themselves.

We are seeing more and more judges stating
    you will have unfettered rights to park in your
    own space wich overides parking companies
    and probably the MA.

Once you have judgement in your favour,
    you can then claim a data breach which
    means they had no good cause to obtain
    your data from the DVLA.
    Claims range from £250 - £750

Then you advise all the residents and all
    sign a letter to the MA to terminate the vermin

There is a possibility that the MA is on commission

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 10th Jan 18, 11:41 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    @ deep, honestly If you are not going to bother helping with the situation then kindly leave my thread. Your negativity and rude nature is of no help to me here. I couldn’t careless wether you are a landlord or not.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Jan 18, 11:41 AM
    • 7,512 Posts
    • 10,004 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I am a landlord who owns a flat in a block of 130 flats some of which are tenanted by benefit bludgers and riff raff, many of whom own two cars.
    Originally posted by The Deep
    Hey... careful with such comments, we don't want
    Donald Trump joining the forum

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 10th Jan 18, 11:43 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    @ beamerguy, thank you. That!!!8217;s all I!!!8217;m asking for is a bit of advice. I think I have a bloody right to be annoyed when someone has ticketed me in my own space. Negativity and telling me I won!!!8217;t win my case etc is hardly helping matters.
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 10th Jan 18, 11:45 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    And we are all properly owners by the way so our place is a private complex. The !!!8220;riff raff!!!8221; and !!!8220; Benefit dodgers !!!8220; you rudely mentioned certainly doesn!!!8217;t apply to me or any of the owners at my complex.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 10th Jan 18, 11:50 AM
    • 2,405 Posts
    • 4,283 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    I'm not clear on this "my space" issue. Is the parking space demised and shown as part of your overall ownership. Or is the space part of the Freehold and given to you on an exclusive basis as long as you meet the covenants in your lease.

Get your lease and site plan out and check.

PS If it was "your space" why did you stick a permit up? There clearly is something in the back of your mind that suggests it might not be "your space"
    Last edited by IamEmanresu; 10-01-2018 at 11:54 AM.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 10th Jan 18, 12:13 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    @ I am , why would there be something in my head telling me it!!!8217;s not my own space ? If a parking mamagemt company implement a parking scheme and issue out permits then what choice do I have ?

Our residents association are currently in the process of taking over the management potentially and there is a possibility it will go to court. If we do take ownership then obviously we will get rid of this parking company.

But if I weren!!!8217;t to bother displaying a permit, then I will be getting 100 + parking tickets on my windscreen won!!!8217;t I? I obliged by the rules because we were given permits. Now my argument is against the unfair nature of them ticketing me in my own space. I am the owner of my apartment and have been allocated a bay which corresponds with my apartment. I don!!!8217;t see why this is so difficult to grasp ? My lease clearly states I am allocated my own bay. I fully admitted my permit fell off the windscreen already but I will not be paying a parking company money when I was parking in my own space.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,820Posts Today

8,093Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nearly at the Cheshire Show. Doing an @itvMLshow there today and tomorrow. Do say hi if you're there or ask a question.

• Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Follow Martin