Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 18th Dec 17, 1:51 PM
    • 106Posts
    • 54Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    PCN - parking in my own space
    • 18th Dec 17, 1:51 PM
    PCN - parking in my own space 18th Dec 17 at 1:51 PM
    Hey guys.

Cut a long story slightly short. I own my property in a small gated apartment development. The property mamagement director decided to implement a parking company ( CPM uk car park management ) last August because he was being petty and bitter that the residents were forming an association and complaining about the management of the complex + residents were using 2nd cars to park in visitors bays.

Anyway, we all received our own permits without any justification, apart from a rubbish forceful email stating we were now having to dispaly these permits. I recieved one which is for my own parking space. Now, I had no choice at this moment in time but to abide by the new "rules" and put my permit on my dashboard and on this particular occasion a few months down the line, I shut my door and the wind must of blew the permit off.

I received a PCN for parking in my own bloody space as my permit wasn't on the dashboard. Anyway I sent an appeal letter basically stating this is my own space and providing them with a copy of my permit , plus I explained the reasoning why my permit fell off. I also put in my letter, if this is rejected can they provide me with a popla code.

I just received a letter back today rejecting my appeal explaining they acknowledge my proof of permit but because I didn't display the permit properly, I need to pay the fine. They obviously have the photo evidence on the letter to. Obviously no way in a million years am I paying these !!!!s any sort of money to park in my own private parking space. I also appealed via IAS, as i felt that i can atleast justify in court if need be, that i went down every avenue to try and overturn this charge. What do I do now?

I had a quick look at the newbies thread which looks very helpful but there is a lot of detail on it so I'm not sure if my particular case is relevant and if I can get a template from someone so I can write back to these

Thank you
    Last edited by nasescoba1985; 09-02-2018 at 8:52 AM. Reason: Add more info
Page 2
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 19th Dec 17, 12:01 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Oh I totally agree but when I say "private " I just mean it literally as I'm currently the one having to dea with this ridiculous charge. I know a few guys on here have said ignore it, which I will do eventually but do you think I should send this last letter to CPM? Or is it even worth it ?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 19th Dec 17, 12:03 PM
    • 9,514 Posts
    • 9,282 Thanks
    The Deep
    Why not refer them to Arkell v Pressdram?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 19th Dec 17, 12:07 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Cool, you think I should add that in my letter ?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Dec 17, 7:21 PM
    • 58,541 Posts
    • 72,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Probably not.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 20th Dec 17, 11:38 AM
    • 9,514 Posts
    • 9,282 Thanks
    The Deep
    I would, read my signature.
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 20th Dec 17, 1:17 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Ok guys. I sent them a last strong letter along with a load of quoted lease information on it basically saying what they are doing is illegal. Hoping this does the trick and they cancel the PCN. If not, I will then fully ignore any other letters they send until I get a court paper through the post. You guys suggest i contact you once/if this happens ? Who do I contact please ? Just write a new thread on the pages ? Thanks for all your help. I'm pretty certain as this parking bay is allocated to my flat I own, they have no leg to stand on.
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 20th Dec 17, 1:41 PM
    • 4,399 Posts
    • 4,433 Thanks
    DoaM
    Just add to this thread so all history and context is in one place - don't start a new one please.
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 20th Dec 17, 1:48 PM
    • 2,765 Posts
    • 3,441 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Come back if you get a letter before claim OR COURT form. Nothing else really.

While it!!!8217;s fresh read up on the legal process. Post 2 of the newbies thread.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Dec 17, 1:50 PM
    • 58,541 Posts
    • 72,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Ok guys. I sent them a last strong letter along with a load of quoted lease information on it basically saying what they are doing is illegal. Hoping this does the trick and they cancel the PCN.
    Originally posted by nasescoba1985
    It won't.

If not, I will then fully ignore any other letters they send until I get a court paper through the post. You guys suggest i contact you once/if this happens ? Who do I contact please ?
    Just reply here again. No new thread please!

I'm pretty certain as this parking bay is allocated to my flat I own, they have no leg to stand on.
    Yes, as do all the other people currently fighting UKCPM court claims from Gladstones, half of which are about 'own space' cases like yours.

You would do well not to just disappear off the forum and coming back only when the inevitable court claim arrives. Better to read any other UKCPM own space thread, book ark them, follow them, stick around (even reading all posts for the day, just once a week would help you). Easy to search the forum for other UKCPM cases. Loads have been through hearings already or have live court claims being defended, and you will learn from them MUCH more than just popping back in isolation to this thread.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 20th Dec 17, 4:10 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Yeh no worries thanks. Cheers appreciate it guys. I have been following this ever since I was ticketed so I'll stick around don't worry just !!!!ed off that these scam artists have the cheek to ticket me in my own space. I'll keep you updated if they do decide to cancel the ticket which they probably won't.
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 23rd Dec 17, 8:01 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Right guys, have just received a quick response from these scam artists CPM basically saying thanks for the letter but they have already made a decision so my appeal canít be changed. They then referred me to IAS. Now obviously Iím hearing IAS are awful so is it even worth me giving it a try and sending my strong letter to IAS? Will it ruin my potential chances in court if I appeal via IAS and lose ? Any bit of advice please guys.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Dec 17, 8:13 PM
    • 58,541 Posts
    • 72,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Now obviously I!!!8217;m hearing IAS are awful so is it even worth me giving it a try and sending my strong letter to IAS?
    No.

Will it ruin my potential chances in court if I appeal via IAS and lose ?
    No, but we advise against it because it makes people feel on the back foot/deflated and like they don't have a case, all of a sudden. And it buoys the PPC scum.

• nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 23rd Dec 17, 8:21 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Ok coupon , so just totally ignore them from now on? Do I actually have a case to win this ? I just don!!!8217;t get how I can be coached to win it.
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 23rd Dec 17, 8:30 PM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Problem is my lease isn!!!8217;t even dated. Only just realised this. For some reason the lease date is blank at front page. Looking inside it has !!!8220;2015!!!8221; but blank on the proper date
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Dec 17, 10:22 PM
    • 58,541 Posts
    • 72,043 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I just don!!!8217;t get how I can be coached to win it.
    Nor do many newbies in your position; they normally feel their case is hard to win. But we do achieve wins all the time, I have kept records and can show only two (fully assisted) cases lost in 2017 from hundreds. Even if I've forgotten one, it's still a 99% win rate due to the numbers we handle.

Problem is my lease isn!!!8217;t even dated. Only just realised this. For some reason the lease date is blank at front page. Looking inside it has !!!8220;2015!!!8221; but blank on the proper date
    As you say you are a leasehold owner, ask the Solicitor who conducted your conveyancing, why this is, and if you only have a copy of the Head Lease or something.

None of this sounds unusual or insurmountable.

so just totally ignore them from now on?
    Yes except when Gladstones send you a Letter before Claim, and then a claim.
    Do I actually have a case to win this ?
    Yes, everyone does against Gladstones. We wouldn't tell you to do anything we wouldn't do ourselves, and nor would we put you at risk. As long as you don't ignore a LBCCC or a court claim (or any court deadlines when it all starts, because it will) you can't get a CCJ or any effect on your credit rating.

If a person here loses they just pay about £175 - £200 and have cost the industry a lot more!
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 10-01-2018 at 8:22 PM.

• nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 10th Jan 18, 9:24 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    Hey guys,

I know a few of you on here said it was pointless appealing to the ISA but I just felt I had to give it a go as I had nothing to lose, so I stated my case with them just before Xmas with supporting evidence that this parking space is my own and that they have no right to ticket me in my own space.

The parking company UK-CPM so far haven!!!8217;t responded or argued the case. There is 2 days pending to go. Now they probably will state their case within the next few days I!!!8217;m sure.

If they don!!!8217;t and the time lapses, I take it the charge is automatically void and I win the appeal ?
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 10th Jan 18, 9:27 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    * IAS ( canít even get their name correct )
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 10th Jan 18, 9:39 AM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Hey guys,

I know a few of you on here said it was pointless appealing to the ISA but I just felt I had to give it a go as I had nothing to lose, so I stated my case with them just before Xmas with supporting evidence that this parking space is my own and that they have no right to ticket me in my own space.

The parking company UK-CPM so far havenít responded or argued the case. There is 2 days pending to go. Now they probably will state their case within the next few days Iím sure.

If they donít and the time lapses, I take it the charge is automatically void and I win the appeal ?

sigh ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Jan 18, 9:40 AM
    • 9,514 Posts
    • 9,282 Thanks
    The Deep
    If I was I your position, I would be begging them to take me to court. Why are you looking for a cancellation?

You are most unlikely to win any IAS appeal, do not hold your breath.,
    • nasescoba1985
    • By nasescoba1985 10th Jan 18, 9:47 AM
    • 106 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    nasescoba1985
    You say ďsighĒ but this guy only a few days ago won his appeal to the IAS and his charge is exactly the same as mine. Surely itís worth giving it a go with nothing to lose.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5767888
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,565Posts Today

6,320Users online

Martin's Twitter