Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • toe2012
    • By toe2012 15th Dec 17, 2:25 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    toe2012
    Lidl poor Customer Service!!
    • 15th Dec 17, 2:25 PM
    Lidl poor Customer Service!! 15th Dec 17 at 2:25 PM
    So after visiting my local Lidl (10 miles away) in order to feed my kids, I couldn't find any staff to ask when the fresh baked goods were due out as it was 12:15pm lunch time. So my first question after I had to go to the checkout and request a staff member to ask, out came, who turned out to be the manager. When I asked why there was no staff member to ask after waiting and looking for 5 minutes, he quite rudely said "coz were busy". So then I asked why there was no fresh baked food out at a lunch time period, he quite abruptly said "coz there sold"! That's it, no..."i'm sorry sir, we're really busy, or, unfortunately they have sold out but more will be out at..?? o'clock" Nope, very rude and because I questioned him, and asked for his name he told me he had WASTED 10 minutes of his time on me and asked me to leave. YES, that's right, with me and my two children, he kicked us out and banned me. He refused to give me his name and wasn't wearing his name badge, as per company policy (but this can be forgiven).

Bear with me here, my main complaint here, after contacting the Customer Service department, where the lady was very apologetic and promised to deal with it, after I sent them the videos that I recorded at the time, they are refusing to deal with the matter as according to the manager of the store, it is a police matter and they cannot investiage the complaint! that's right! However I have stated many times via email that there was no police attending and no police have contacted myself? So how can they say this? I believe (un proven) that it's their way of stalling my complaint from going anywhere internally.

How can I get around this? They refuse to discuss or advise, refuse to show where in their company policies it states they cannot investigate whilst police involve (which they aren't)? I tried emailing the ceo, but they bounce it back to CS? The poice don't have a record of it, but the Lidl people won't accept that nor discuss it further with me, because.......wait for it........there's an ongoing police investigation!!!!

Help, all I want, is an apology and the ban lifted, that shouldn't have been applied, and carry on with life.
Page 3
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 20th Dec 17, 8:38 AM
    • 31,463 Posts
    • 19,869 Thanks
    DCFC79
    There should be a warning at the top of every forum page warning us that the school holidays are on. By the way, when do they end?
    Originally posted by pmduk
    Some close end of this week.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 13th Jan 18, 11:37 PM
    • 3,533 Posts
    • 7,272 Thanks
    Murphybear
    Actually I do have some sympathy for toe2012 even though it's not right to secretly film staff. She didn't specify how she spoke to the store manager so don't make assumptions about what she actually said. Customer service is appalling in Lidl. Shop premises have expanded with no extra staff taken on. There will be one long queue on a single till that is opened and then a till assistant will announce that another till has opened. Yet that till isn't manned because she hadn't bothered to check if another member of staff is available. So customers will be waiting a while for another member of staff who could have been very busy at the other end of the store to come to that till. Queues build up in the Co-Op as well but at least the staff there have the decency to call a colleague to come to the tills before requesting customers go to that till.

The food in Lidl is not much cheaper than in other supermarkets because they are now stocking the same brands as the other supermarkets and not the much cheaper Eastern European and German brands. There are no self service tills and quick service tills with a maximum of ten items so if you go in there just to buy chocolate or bread you are stuck in a long queue with some of those in the queue ahead of you with a large trolley full. If you need to save money instead of shopping in shops with poor service stop wasting food as so many people do as they fill their trolleys thoughtlessly with bulk items instead of planning ahead and seeing what they can use up at home first.
    Originally posted by Lemsip2017
    Some of the new Lidlís do have self service tills. My OH has always got questions to ask Lidl staff and without exception he has found the staff polite and helpful. No matter how busy they are they have always got time to help us. We do try and go when they are least busy so this may help..

We also find in the wilds of Devon that other customers are really friendly and if you only have a couple of items other customers will let you go in front of them.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 14th Jan 18, 8:44 AM
    • 15,957 Posts
    • 11,992 Thanks
    hollydays
    You shouldn't have to butter up staff just to get basic service. Just ask and if they are abrupt walk away without buying anything.
    Actually I do have some sympathy for toe2012 even though it's not right to secretly film staff. She didn't specify how she spoke to the store manager so don't make assumptions about what she actually said. Customer service is appalling in Lidl. Shop premises have expanded with no extra staff taken on. There will be one long queue on a single till that is opened and then a till assistant will announce that another till has opened. Yet that till isn't manned because she hadn't bothered to check if another member of staff is available. So customers will be waiting a while for another member of staff who could have been very busy at the other end of the store to come to that till. Queues build up in the Co-Op as well but at least the staff there have the decency to call a colleague to come to the tills before requesting customers go to that till.

The food in Lidl is not much cheaper than in other supermarkets because they are now stocking the same brands as the other supermarkets and not the much cheaper Eastern European and German brands. There are no self service tills and quick service tills with a maximum of ten items so if you go in there just to buy chocolate or bread you are stuck in a long queue with some of those in the queue ahead of you with a large trolley full. If you need to save money instead of shopping in shops with poor service stop wasting food as so many people do as they fill their trolleys thoughtlessly with bulk items instead of planning ahead and seeing what they can use up at home first.
    The Eastern European stuff is cheaper because it!!!8217;s an inferior quality the multinationals are offloading onto eastern europeans.
    The only people I see bulk buying in Lidl are restaurant owners.
    Last edited by hollydays; 14-01-2018 at 8:51 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

159Posts Today

1,624Users online

Martin's Twitter