Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • datostar
    • By datostar 14th Dec 17, 4:30 PM
    • 1,058Posts
    • 633Thanks
    datostar
    Barclays Customers Kaspersky Renewal Offer
    • 14th Dec 17, 4:30 PM
    Barclays Customers Kaspersky Renewal Offer 14th Dec 17 at 4:30 PM
    I've been using Kaspersky Internet Security free of charge as a Barclays Customer for several years and if Mr Putin's people have been spying on me I've not noticed my secrets being compromised. In the light of Barclays withdrawing one of the few perks they offer to customers, Kaspersky are offering renewal when due for 4.99, a saving of around 40. I'll happily avail myself of the offer when the time comes.
Page 2
    • AndyPix
    • By AndyPix 17th Dec 17, 5:33 PM
    • 3,649 Posts
    • 2,856 Thanks
    AndyPix
    I'm really surprised at everyone's surprise regarding the above ..

Id stake my life that some shady USA government agency will have forced Microsoft to add a few lines of its own code here and there to windows too.

its par for the course these days
    Running with scissors since 1978
    • Simon7685
    • By Simon7685 17th Dec 17, 6:18 PM
    • 1,039 Posts
    • 439 Thanks
    Simon7685
    I am thinking that the reason I haven't had the offer is because I didn't go for the standard internet security through Barclays. I had the choice to get Total Security for 5 devices @ 6.99 for the year as opposed to getting the free internet security.
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 17th Dec 17, 8:46 PM
    • 4,406 Posts
    • 1,932 Thanks
    aardvaak
    I!!!8217;m not sure The United Kingdom's National Cyber Security Centre would agree with your assumption.
    Originally posted by Frozen_up_north
    And what do "The United Kingdom's National Cyber Security Centre" know?
    They are just being over cautious and spoilers.

They don't say anything about microsoft, avg etc riddled with spyware
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 17th Dec 17, 8:47 PM
    • 4,406 Posts
    • 1,932 Thanks
    aardvaak
    I'm really surprised at everyone's surprise regarding the above ..

Id stake my life that some shady USA government agency will have forced Microsoft to add a few lines of its own code here and there to windows too.

its par for the course these days
    Originally posted by AndyPix
    Exactly I agree
    • urm123
    • By urm123 8th Jan 18, 1:21 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    urm123
    Hi Simon7685,

I am in the same boat as you! Have you managed to renew Total Security at a discounted rate?
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 8th Jan 18, 2:06 PM
    • 31,912 Posts
    • 20,100 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Hi Simon7685,

I am in the same boat as you! Have you managed to renew Total Security at a discounted rate?
    Originally posted by urm123
    Might be waiting a while a reply, not been on since last month.

Plenty of free options for anti virus out there.
    • frankennsteiny
    • By frankennsteiny 10th Jan 18, 9:10 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    frankennsteiny
    I've been a Kaspersky user for a few years through barclays and have never had a virus or spyware problem whilst using it but have had many friends fetch their computers or laptops to me to sort out because they have had spyware or virus problems when using avg.
    This past year though I have been having quite a few problems with false positives when going on sites like good housekeeping. Not sure why this has been happening as the sites it was doing this on were all legit sites that I use regularly when entering competitions through the comping boards.
    I have now decided to give Bitdefender a go and so far all is good.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,144Posts Today

7,843Users online

Martin's Twitter