Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • eltaylor
    • By eltaylor 14th Dec 17, 1:00 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    eltaylor
    0 WOW
    Does DFS have Boxing Day/Jan sale or is it just the Winter sale?
    • 14th Dec 17, 1:00 PM
    0 WOW
    Does DFS have Boxing Day/Jan sale or is it just the Winter sale? 14th Dec 17 at 1:00 PM
    Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy a couple of sofas from DFS that are currently 20 off in the Winter sale but I was wondering if they will have a bigger sale on Boxing Day/January?

My OH and I are moving from a furnished to unfurnished flat on 5th Jan so ideally need to order them now (they take 2 weeks to make/deliver apparently) - but if I do that then less than two weeks later they get heavily discounted I'd be gutted and would rather have waited.

Any advice?
Page 1
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 14th Dec 17, 1:06 PM
    • 1,848 Posts
    • 6,756 Thanks
    Oakdene
    • 14th Dec 17, 1:06 PM
    • 14th Dec 17, 1:06 PM
    It probably easier to say when DFS (Designed For Sales) don't have a sale really...
    Hiraeth
    • Money maker
    • By Money maker 14th Dec 17, 1:23 PM
    • 4,966 Posts
    • 11,287 Thanks
    Money maker
    • 14th Dec 17, 1:23 PM
    • 14th Dec 17, 1:23 PM
    20 off is peanuts. Wait until the new year.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed.

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite!
    • eltaylor
    • By eltaylor 14th Dec 17, 2:05 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    eltaylor
    • 14th Dec 17, 2:05 PM
    • 14th Dec 17, 2:05 PM
    Yeah I did think 20 seems like a measly reduction considering some other people on here have said they've gotten theirs half price (or more) in the sales.
    • Zandoni
    • By Zandoni 23rd Dec 17, 7:16 AM
    • 2,766 Posts
    • 1,475 Thanks
    Zandoni
    • 23rd Dec 17, 7:16 AM
    • 23rd Dec 17, 7:16 AM
    Yeah I did think 20 seems like a measly reduction considering some other people on here have said they've gotten theirs half price (or more) in the sales.
    Originally posted by eltaylor
    DFS sofa's are always half price, ignore the so called offers and just look at the bottom line.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 23rd Dec 17, 8:17 AM
    • 32,851 Posts
    • 38,438 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 23rd Dec 17, 8:17 AM
    • 23rd Dec 17, 8:17 AM
    And they say 2 Weeks but it is normally 12
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • cranford
    • By cranford 13th Jan 18, 9:48 AM
    • 199 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    cranford
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:48 AM
    • 13th Jan 18, 9:48 AM
    I suspect that DFS have two ranges: one range is on sale for 6 months at a 50% discounted prices and the other full price then in 6 months time this range reverts to full price and they then bring out the other range discounted. I bought 2 sofas in November which are now double the price so if you see something that is not 50% off give it a miss and look for a similar model. This does not apply to the branded ranges though.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,651Posts Today

7,521Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • After the news I'm suing facebook over scam ads, people keep sending me ads with my pic in asking, ?is THIS ad with? https://t.co/lhTmijgnWt

• So Facebook just waxed lyrical about all the things they're doing to stop fake ads. Whoop de whoop. Yet THESE SCA? https://t.co/hP4q6kRuuQ

• Facebook giving evidence I believe just said "mr lewis said there are 50 ads, but we checked and found 1,000s".? https://t.co/4dAe8PCTCb

• Follow Martin