Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Frugaldom
    • By Frugaldom 14th Dec 17, 2:12 AM
    • 5,980Posts
    • 52,036Thanks
    Frugaldom
    2018 Frugal Living Challenge
    • 14th Dec 17, 2:12 AM
    2018 Frugal Living Challenge 14th Dec 17 at 2:12 AM
    Join us here for year 11 of the Frugaldom challenge on MSE

The Frugal Living Challenge 2018

It's that time of year again, the time when we all need to start thinking ahead into the new year and how we are going to tackle any debts, generate extra income and squirrel away some savings.

Please take the time to read this post in full and if you have any questions, feel free to message me or ask in the forum.

This is an adaptation of the original NYK/Frugaldom 'Living on £4,000 for a Year' challenge. It has been running here on MSE for several years, although these particular money challenges began back in the 90's, elsewhere. We have seen many changes over the years, so this version is a catalogue of diaries charting the progress of 'debt free wannabe' money savers.

Your budget is personal to you, it should fit with your personal financial situation.

If you would like to use a simple spreadsheet for calculating your annual expenditure, you are welcome to download a free copy of the original one HERE Simply overwrite the initial monthly amounts and the totals will auto-calculate. From then, it is a simple case of deducting (use the minus sign in front of the amounts) all your outgoings as the year progresses. It's worth while playing about with it to alter headings to suit your personal lifestyle. I've included a couple of extra columns for things like rent/mortgage & council tax and misc/debt payments.

Some have already achieved debt freedom and now follow frugal lifestyles in order to stay debt free. Others are still tackling their debts and living a frugal life in an attempt to reach their debt-free and/or mortgage-free day. Whichever stage you are at, feel free to join us and share your journey.

The following links will take you to previous MSE versions of our challenge:

The 2017 Challenge

The 2016 Challenge

The 2015 Challenge

The 2014 Challenge

The 2013 Challenge

The 2012 Challenge

Part 1 - January to March 2011
    Part 2 - April to June 2011
    Part 3 - July to December 2011
    Introduction to the 2010 Challenge
    Part 1 - January to March 2010
    Part 2 - April to June 2010
    Part 3 - July to September 2010
    Part 4 - October to December 2010
    Part 1 - January to March 2009
    Part 2 - April to June 2009
    Part 3 - July to September 2009
    Part 4 - October to December 2009
    Part 1 - January to March 2008
    Part 2 - April to June 2008
    Part 3 - July to September 2008
    Part 4 - October to December 2008

How it all began - Saving to buy a house without a mortgage 2007 Challenge

The original interest beater challenge

The original £1000 in 100 days challenge

The original free hobbies thread

IMPORTANT
    Please respect others' lifestyles and beliefs. We are not here to judge, we are here to support. Thank you

This challenge is about living a frugal, sustainable lifestyle - establishing your true cost of living, sticking to your budget, clearing any debts and making savings wherever and however you can to enable you to live the life you really want.

Frugal living isn't for everyone, but everyone is welcome to join us. Methods employed by our merry band of frugalers include batch cooking, stockpiling, preserving, foraging, mending, shopping in charity shops, reducing, reusing, recycling, Local Exchange Trading Schemes (LETS), vegetable and fruit growing, allotments, keeping hens, using cash back sites and earning whatever it takes to become self sufficient in managing the cost of living without incurring debt.

For some it is initially about clearing debt, for others it's about increasing savings, buying property, becoming stay at home mums or paying off the mortgage early. Some choose the lifestyle on ethical grounds. Above all, this is a fun and supportive way to manage your budget so you have control of your own cost of living. It's about NEEDS and not WANTS.

Living on a budget = living within our means.
    Frugal = thrifty, living without waste

Ideas to help you achieve and/or maintain debt free living
    Recognise the differences between needs from wants

Spend within your means
    Set a proper budget
    Quit expensive bad habits
    Houseshare
    Get a lodger
    Shop via cash-back sites and always price compare
    Buy reduced items in stores only if you need them
    Stockpile & bulk buy bargains that you use
    Batch cooking
    Make the most of charity shops
    Join freebie or waste awareness and recycling associations
    LETS trading - become active members of trading & exchange groups
    Bartering
    Grow your own herbs, fruit & veg
    Preserving & winemaking
    Breadmaking & home baking
    Card & gift making
    Order splitting/sharng for better discounts & reduced delivery costs
    Landsharing, allotments & frugal garden systems
    Online trading - auctions, stores, social media pages
    etc, etc, etc...

Monitoring and revising the budget is part of a good frugal living plan. Gifts & cards could all to be homemade, livestock needs to pay its own keep, anything else needs to be cash neutral.

The bits we need to include to make this work
    ====================================

Please read the MSE forum rules and help us to keep this challenge on track, thank you.
    If you have any questions about this challenge, feel free to PM me.
    The following is taken from the official MSE forum rules section:

KEEPING THREADS ON-TOPIC

Please try not to take threads off-topic. This can be confusing for new users and makes it especially difficult for people ... Where requests from Board Guides for threads to be brought back on track have not been followed off-topic posts may be removed. We encourage community, but not thread derailment.

Please bear in mind the main purpose of the site is to save money. The forum team has therefore been instructed to prioritise its time on the MoneySaving forums.

KEEPING TOPICS RELEVANT TO THE BOARD

There are two boards provided for off-topic chat and discussion. The MoneySavers Arms has been set up for fun, more lighter-hearted chat (although do still remember this is a family forum !!!8211; keep it clean please). Discussion Time is for discussion of current issues (read Martin!!!8217;s description).

If you post a topic that does not relate to the board it!!!8217;s posted on it will be moved to a more relevant MoneySaving board or to Discussion Time/The MoneySavers Arms.

This challenge is about paying for needs so we can afford to live debt free and save for/afford wants. It runs from 1st January to 31st December. The links will give you an idea of how previous challenges have gone and these will be updated accordingly.

If you haven!!!8217;t already, join the forum to reply!

GOOD LUCK IN 2018
    Last edited by Frugaldom; 29-12-2017 at 10:54 PM. Reason: updating
    I reserve the right NOT to spend:
    The less I spend, the more I can afford!
    Now running Frugaldom as a lifestyle social enterprise!
Page 40
    • EmergencyNurse
    • By EmergencyNurse 4th Mar 18, 4:50 PM
    • 79 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    EmergencyNurse
    Gosh yes, you can do it if only feeding one of you...no problem. I find I have to shop at so many different places to get the bargains....£Stretcher for tinned salmon, kitchen roll, loo roll and few other bits. £Land for some bits, Lidl for others, the list goes on. I pop into Mr M's on my way home sometimes and if they have fish or meat reduced, I buy it and freeze it. But luckily they are all close together so can do it without spending extra on fuel.
    Originally posted by ploppy57
    Thank you, I've been on some DMP forums with my SOA and nobody thought it was sustainable to have a £50 budget!. I felt a bit disheartened.
    I've no longer got a car, so I'm relying on delivery which works out cheaper than bus fare. I did like Aldi, poundland etc though.
    Debt March 2018 £27,596 DMP Start June 2018 Debt Free Date 2022
    • ploppy57
    • By ploppy57 4th Mar 18, 4:53 PM
    • 723 Posts
    • 4,656 Thanks
    ploppy57
    Thank you, I've been on some DMP forums with my SOA and nobody thought it was sustainable to have a £50 budget!. I felt a bit disheartened.
    I've no longer got a car, so I'm relying on delivery which works out cheaper than bus fare. I did like Aldi, poundland etc though.
    Originally posted by EmergencyNurse
    Yes, I suppose it is harder if you are limited to where you can buy from. Its a pit the likes of Lidl and Aldi don't deliver. Do you have a local market? Normally some great deals on fruit and veg etc in the markets.
    DMP March '15 £57,549. Now £44,226. 23% paid. Went SM Feb '18 to get DF sooner.
    Emergency fund #231... £1000.
    Christmas '18 challenge... £22 /£300
    "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the end of every day"
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 4th Mar 18, 7:31 PM
    • 9,779 Posts
    • 47,887 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I am reading but not been on top of the budget, choosing to buy bits and bobs on the way home ( walking), at the coop so that's more expensive than the drive to Aldi.
    Now the snow is fading I will try and get to Aldi this week.
    Just been given a bag of clothes, so going to have a rummage and see who will gain what, and what I will Upcycle.
    I have been working at home due to Dgd being ill, so funds are low, and I will need to up my game. I still haven't decluttered and I was planning to sell as much as I could this year.
    Must try harder.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 4th Mar 18, 7:57 PM
    • 358 Posts
    • 972 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    today i have sorted all the toys in the lounge, baked flapjacks with the kids and it ended up having to guesstimate the weights as my scales died after weighing the butter. we made two lots one lot dark chocolate and the others white chocolate and cranberry and they are delicious all the family loved them so that was fab ! i did the housework. played jenga with the eldest, managed to get the babies first steps on video, and the middle child was happy enough playing with his sand and was in his element sorting the toys with me he kept passing me everything saying "rubbish"

today was also a NSD so thats good ! all the kids are asleep so im off to have a shower and get an early night as ive had a headache all day.

food shop day tomorrow and im determined to get this weeks bill under £50
    also need to get electric, tobacco - we are slowely cutting down. , and fuel for the car .

im looking into possibly doing usbourne books as a side line to try and make some extra pennies , has anyone done this , is it worth it
    • PennyGrabber
    • By PennyGrabber 4th Mar 18, 10:30 PM
    • 1,267 Posts
    • 22,414 Thanks
    PennyGrabber
    Nsd for me today. Didn't even set foot in a shop as I knew I needed nothing but would just be tempted.

Instead, I did some decluttering, listed my second ever thing on eBay (the first one was yest and already has a bid!), tidied and played with the children. The washing basket was empty for over 12 hours!!

I'm quite excited by the whole selling on eBay thing. I know you get 10 free listings per month, so I think I'll try and sell some more bits and bobs. If they sell, great, the money will go towards paying off some debts. If not, they'll go to charity shops. It's good to know the stuff I've wasted my money on over the years could get me back a few quid here and there!!!

I suspect my mechanic will ring tomorrow about my car battery, and I need to ring a plumber and electrician tomorrow too. Going to be a big hit on the old savings pot, but oh has a bit of a plan that he can do some of the work to keep the costs down a bit. He's a good boy!

Night all, hope we all have a frugal week coming up!

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
    • FrankieM
    • By FrankieM 5th Mar 18, 7:05 AM
    • 1,962 Posts
    • 17,818 Thanks
    FrankieM
    Morning Everyone

Bought wine (and a couple of snacks..oh dear) on Friday on the way home from work.

Dentist and chilling on Saturday, though I really needed to get some jobs done. I've just got myself down to working 6 days a week and I'm finding that sometimes I just crash on my day off at the moment. I'm sure I'll get into a routine with it though.
    I need to get a tooth extracted, well it's either extraction, £56 or root canal and crown £250. Thankfully it's a back tooth so out it's coming.
    Worked yesterday so no spending and came home and had an interesting chat with my 19 year old who lives with me about the cost of running the house. She thinks I shouldn't work extra on a weekend and that with my salary (over £20k) I should be able to run the house, go out and save...mmm. Me thinks she has no real understanding of how much it all costs.
    Just fuel to buy today and off to my Monday - Friday job. I've also put my timer on 'once' so no overnight heating now that it's a bit milder. I'll hopefully be able to get the timer back on soon.

Hope you all have a good day.
    Pay off Debt by Christmas 2018 #59
    £13,406.26/ £8,699.39
    Frugal Living Challenge 2018
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 5th Mar 18, 7:27 AM
    • 9,779 Posts
    • 47,887 Thanks
    Mooloo
    Morning Everyone

Bought wine (and a couple of snacks..oh dear) on Friday on the way home from work.

Dentist and chilling on Saturday, though I really needed to get some jobs done. I've just got myself down to working 6 days a week and I'm finding that sometimes I just crash on my day off at the moment. I'm sure I'll get into a routine with it though.
    I need to get a tooth extracted, well it's either extraction, £56 or root canal and crown £250. Thankfully it's a back tooth so out it's coming.
    Worked yesterday so no spending and came home and had an interesting chat with my 19 year old who lives with me about the cost of running the house. She thinks I shouldn't work extra on a weekend and that with my salary (over £20k) I should be able to run the house, go out and save...mmm. Me thinks she has no real understanding of how much it all costs.
    Just fuel to buy today and off to my Monday - Friday job. I've also put my timer on 'once' so no overnight heating now that it's a bit milder. I'll hopefully be able to get the timer back on soon.

Hope you all have a good day.
    Originally posted by FrankieM
    Does your 19 year old contribute to the cost of living at home?
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    • patentgirl
    • By patentgirl 5th Mar 18, 8:12 AM
    • 881 Posts
    • 12,230 Thanks
    patentgirl
    Morning everyone
    Things going well on budget front here still stashing away in our retirement fund apart from few unexpected problems one being battery went on our car on Saturday so waiting for our garage we use to open at 8.30 we could have brought one yesterday from Halfords but prefer to use our local the mechanic is so good to all our family. Second thing while out delivering meals on wheels through work on Friday fell flat on my face straight on to my glasses which went into side of my face so black eye, bruises everywhere and sprained wrist later ! Unfortunately visit to opticians too ! hence DH going shopping for me and spent way over budget but he did try so can't moan at him.
    Frugaldom I take my hat off to you in the way you cope with the weather.
    February grocery challenge £200
    • mumof3.12kindebt
    • By mumof3.12kindebt 5th Mar 18, 11:19 AM
    • 358 Posts
    • 972 Thanks
    mumof3.12kindebt
    morning everyone,

off to do the food shop when i take ds2 to nursery then work later, ill get fuel on the way and also need to get electric. spreadsheet is all upto date, i think it will be a real eye opener for us as i know we are still wasting some money each month although its not as high as it used to be. one of the disney games i purchased on ebay has arrived, it was a game i had as a child so brings back wonderful memories somewhere along the line i lost/ got rid of mine . we also have another one on the way, once that one is here we are having a disney themed board game night with the eldest, we have alot of board games already but i plan to add to the collection over the coming years, so the kids have no excuse to ever be bored !

have a good day all ill update tomorrow after work as im on a late tonight and early in the morning, i hate back to back shifts but needs must
    • Nonnadiluca
    • By Nonnadiluca 5th Mar 18, 12:25 PM
    • 180 Posts
    • 1,884 Thanks
    Nonnadiluca
    Patentgirl, I feel for you, having had my face break my fall a few weeks ago too. Hope you heal quickly. Take care.
    • ploppy57
    • By ploppy57 5th Mar 18, 12:27 PM
    • 723 Posts
    • 4,656 Thanks
    ploppy57
    Morning everyone
    Things going well on budget front here still stashing away in our retirement fund apart from few unexpected problems one being battery went on our car on Saturday so waiting for our garage we use to open at 8.30 we could have brought one yesterday from Halfords but prefer to use our local the mechanic is so good to all our family. Second thing while out delivering meals on wheels through work on Friday fell flat on my face straight on to my glasses which went into side of my face so black eye, bruises everywhere and sprained wrist later ! Unfortunately visit to opticians too ! hence DH going shopping for me and spent way over budget but he did try so can't moan at him.
    Frugaldom I take my hat off to you in the way you cope with the weather.
    Originally posted by patentgirl
    Ooh....hope you recover quickly
    DMP March '15 £57,549. Now £44,226. 23% paid. Went SM Feb '18 to get DF sooner.
    Emergency fund #231... £1000.
    Christmas '18 challenge... £22 /£300
    "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the end of every day"
    • Frugaldom
    • By Frugaldom 5th Mar 18, 12:59 PM
    • 5,980 Posts
    • 52,036 Thanks
    Frugaldom
    waves! Hello all. Back from my trip up north exhausted. I have decided to keep doing the frugal challenge but literally living off basics as I have decided to move up north in the next four months...
    Originally posted by indigowarrior
    When you say 'up north' do you mean Scotland or still staying south, in England?

Hello everyone. I am on a mission live on a £50 monthly grocery budget. I think it's definitely possible do you?
    Originally posted by EmergencyNurse
    Absolutely possible - I have been doing £1 per person per day for several years now and it isn't becoming any more difficult. If anything, it becomes simpler as time progresses. I simply adapt the diet to fit the seasons, trends and availability. We have a zero waste food policy in our frugal household right down to scrubbing the veg insead of peeling them whenever possible and we have hens and composting for everything else. Living in a rural location also means very little choice without incurring fuel or travel costs but I cook mostly what I call 'bowl food' - meals from whatever is available cooked into soups, stews, curries, stir fries etc and served in bowls with rice, pasta, cous cous, pancakes, wraps or potatoes.

Morning everyone
    ...Frugaldom I take my hat off to you in the way you cope with the weather.
    Originally posted by patentgirl
    The snow missed us completely, otger than a sprinkle now and again to alert us to the fact that there is snow falling elsewhere in the country. Winters now are nowhere near as bad as they used to be when I was growing up further north so it always amazes me to see entire TV programmes dedicated to weather and seeing everything grinding to a halt. Although I do understand the need to halt traffic etc for our modern day H&S, it seems there is a general lack of common sense surrounding simple events like weather. I now realise that it isn't 'common' sense, it is simply the difference between rural sense and urban sense. We are fairly used to off grid hiccups, so it's par for the course. It is good practice for when I finally get around to building a cabin.

Student left for home this morning - I hope she makes it to London for her Eurostar connection! We got no trees planted, as they are stuck somewhere between here and Edinburgh so she had a week of survival training while helping look after ponies and chickens. She reckoned city people would definitely pay to come and try this lifestyle! I'm still not convinced.

No spends this month yet but gearing up for the next big one and hoping to start my long-awaited cabin this summer.
    I reserve the right NOT to spend:
    The less I spend, the more I can afford!
    Now running Frugaldom as a lifestyle social enterprise!
    • PennyGrabber
    • By PennyGrabber 5th Mar 18, 11:20 PM
    • 1,267 Posts
    • 22,414 Thanks
    PennyGrabber
    Kept the purse tightly closed today! And, as my bath is broken, the children had their showers at oh's house, saving me water! And, he bought us all take away for dinner for dd's birthday! Bonus!!

Can't see me spending anything for at least the next two days due to a crazy work and family schedule.

One thing I'm really enjoying atm is having an emptier fridge. I can actually see what I have, and it just feels better. Must remember this when I'm tempted to hoard again!!

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
    • spudsmum
    • By spudsmum 6th Mar 18, 12:05 AM
    • 252 Posts
    • 1,451 Thanks
    spudsmum
    Evening all

NSD here today - mostly due to being too poorly to go out. Have made very good use of my store cupboard today and used up a few things that were on/past their dates or been hanging about for ages,

I got rid of:

Old pizza bases, leftover hot dogs, roasted peppers, half tin of tomato puree, knob of cheese (homemade pizzas for smalls tea)
    Bacon, cream, rest of cheese, sprouting spuds. (Dauphinoisse potatoes for tea)
    Manky bananas, dregs of flour and sugar, 8 squares of chocolate left from xmas baking (banana and chocolate muffins)

Also got some filo pastry and some more chicken and bacon out of freezer to do some kind of filo parcel/pie type thing.

Nothing mindblowing or exciting but happy with what i made and glad that I'm starting to see space in the cupboards now and one of our 3 freezers is nearly empty - also I like the oven to be full when its on to make the most of the heat.

In other news - contacted student loans today to ask for a refund of what I paid while on maternity - thats £77 on its way back to me and the debt jar.

Sold another bag of baby clothes online - £12 to debt jar

Had my first go at making laundry gloop - only made a quarter batch in case it was awful but actually was quite impressed - it even removed paint from my favourite top. Will see how it copes with the filthy smalls clothing before I declare myself truly converted but considering I worked out it costs less than 10% of what I spend on commercial wash liquid I really hope I am.

Been a fairly spendy week since Friday but am still £40 ish under budget and will try to keep it that way. Next week likely will be very frugal by necessity as DH has taken today off sick and talking abouf taking tomorrow too. Not only does he not get sick pay but he gets under my feet so hoping he has a change of heart and goes back tomorrow.
    Total debts £21050! now £19834.47. 1% challenge £1015.00/£15000 (6.76%) Total extra income made in 2018 £2215.08 frugal budget 2018 £4119/£4800 Aiming for debt free at 40 - only 26 months to go!
    • FrankieM
    • By FrankieM 6th Mar 18, 6:56 AM
    • 1,962 Posts
    • 17,818 Thanks
    FrankieM
    Morning All

Just fuel bought yesterday and my purse has now been taken out of my handbag!

I had some of my daughter's leftover pizza with salad for tea tonight and tea tonight is jacket potatoes.

I've not done a menu plan this week. I'm just seeing what I feel like eating and using up anything I need to and then eating that meal for a couple of days. It's working so far. Though I can imagine going back to menu planning and swapping it about.

Does your 19 year old contribute to the cost of living at home?
    Originally posted by Mooloo
    Hi Mooloo, yes, my daughter contributes towards food. She has a temping job due to some mental health stuff and so I made it clear that contributing towards food and paying for her own outings were the priority (no borrowing money from me!)
    Interestingly she's been talking about trying to find something for 25hrs a week that's permanent so I imagine the board money will go up a bit when that happens!

In regards to the laundry gloop: do you put a fragrance in it to make it smell nice? And do you still use softner?

Off to work, hope you all have a good day
    Pay off Debt by Christmas 2018 #59
    £13,406.26/ £8,699.39
    Frugal Living Challenge 2018
    • Mooloo
    • By Mooloo 6th Mar 18, 7:09 AM
    • 9,779 Posts
    • 47,887 Thanks
    Mooloo
    I managed a no Spends day yesterday, actually because Dgd was ill we had two more last week too. I missed my main food shopping last week and so we are scrabbling around today for school packup. I will need to shop for lunch tomorrow or I will have nothing Dgd will eat. Annoying as tomorrow is my day off and I go to see my Mum, there is an Aldi in her town so I like to shop there.
    Today I also have parents evening to squeeze in, so I will end up at Tesco Express.
    We had what I call a freezer dive for dinner. Two tubs of left over chicken and rice stir fry for tea.
    Still not started selling any of my excess stuff on eBay or Facebook etc
    Really not motivated. Maybe I will find time this month.
    • spudsmum
    • By spudsmum 6th Mar 18, 10:18 AM
    • 252 Posts
    • 1,451 Thanks
    spudsmum

In regards to the laundry gloop: do you put a fragrance in it to make it smell nice? And do you still use softner?
    Originally posted by FrankieM
    I didnt but I did use a soap with a nice scent (rose and jasmine from HB) and it was fine. Might look at getting some essential oil for the next batch. I've personally not used softener for years as it nearly killed my last washing machine (cant say I've really noticed the difference either) I know some people swear by a couple of capfuls of white vinegar but not tried it as yet.
    Total debts £21050! now £19834.47. 1% challenge £1015.00/£15000 (6.76%) Total extra income made in 2018 £2215.08 frugal budget 2018 £4119/£4800 Aiming for debt free at 40 - only 26 months to go!
    • CosmicZebra
    • By CosmicZebra 6th Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 320 Thanks
    CosmicZebra
    Distilled white vinegar works brilliantly instead of softener. Even old sports kit and dog towels come out smelling fresh. There’s no vinegar smell at all. I wouldn’t use commercial softener again.
    • Nonnadiluca
    • By Nonnadiluca 6th Mar 18, 1:55 PM
    • 180 Posts
    • 1,884 Thanks
    Nonnadiluca
    Another vote for white vinegar instead of fabric softener, it also has the added bonus of keeping the washing machine clean.
    • Tanya12345
    • By Tanya12345 6th Mar 18, 7:07 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    Tanya12345
    Evening Fruggles, sorry been a bit quiet ! Thawed out here now and today was a lovely gentle day. Big hugs for all those still under the influence of the ice queen !
    Grocery budget going well, haven't found any more extreme 25p bargains despite skulking round the aisles in Sainsburys........ Trying to eat out of larder and fridge/ freezer but ran it of rice tonight so I will have to venture into the danger zone tomorrow - armed with a list of course !!
    Re configuring...
    Groceries 1
    Eek fund
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

162Posts Today

1,702Users online

Martin's Twitter