Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • XperiaZX350
    • By XperiaZX350 13th Dec 17, 2:13 PM
    • 25Posts
    • 5Thanks
    XperiaZX350
    Moving Address Midway Through Appeal
    • 13th Dec 17, 2:13 PM
    Moving Address Midway Through Appeal 13th Dec 17 at 2:13 PM
    Hi there, I'm after some advice,

As keeper of said vehicle, I received a parking charge through the post from G24 Limited as that someone had overstayed by 30 minutes in my vehicle. I have a receipt to say that the driver purchased goods in the store in question and as the keeper will be appealing using the advice and template in the Newbies section.

My problem however is that I will be moving address in the next couple of months and knowing how long these appeals and demands go on for, I'm at a lose as to how I proceed here.

After reading a few other threads, people suggest that you write a letter as if you were the owner of the property I have now left, saying that I don't live there now. Is the best way to proceed or am I best saying to them, when I move, that "as the keeper of the vehicle, further correspondence must be sent to this address"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
    Last edited by XperiaZX350; 13-12-2017 at 3:04 PM.
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 13th Dec 17, 2:17 PM
    • 3,414 Posts
    • 4,561 Thanks
    waamo
    • 13th Dec 17, 2:17 PM
    • 13th Dec 17, 2:17 PM
    Have your post redirected. You can have 3, 6 or 12 months redirection.
    This space for hire.
    • XperiaZX350
    • By XperiaZX350 13th Dec 17, 2:21 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    XperiaZX350
    • 13th Dec 17, 2:21 PM
    • 13th Dec 17, 2:21 PM
    After redirecting my post, should I then inform them of the address change though?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Dec 17, 2:24 PM
    • 35,914 Posts
    • 20,186 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 13th Dec 17, 2:24 PM
    • 13th Dec 17, 2:24 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread.

Had you done so you would have seen the advice never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

After you move you will have other important mail delivered to your old address unless you take action prior to moving!
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Dec 17, 2:26 PM
    • 18,033 Posts
    • 28,562 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Dec 17, 2:26 PM
    • 13th Dec 17, 2:26 PM
    I received a parking charge through the post from G24 Limited as I overstayed by 30 minutes. I have the receipt to say that I purchased goods in the store in question and I will be appealing using the advice and template in the Newbies section.
    Your appeal will be rejected by G24, and their 2nd stage appeal service, the IAS will similarly reject. See the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3.

You can, as soon as possible after any Royal Mail re-direct expires, notify G24 in writing of your new address, but there may be debt collectors also involved (no, they can!!!8217;t come knocking!), so I!!!8217;d be more inclined to notify G24 immediately on moving address.

They have 6 years to pursue you, and while they don!!!8217;t do court currently, who knows how they will act between now and 2023. If they don!!!8217;t know your new address, you run the risk, should they commence court proceedings, of having a default CCJ against your name, and your credit rating in tatters.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Dec 17, 2:27 PM
    • 35,914 Posts
    • 20,186 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 13th Dec 17, 2:27 PM
    • 13th Dec 17, 2:27 PM
    After redirecting my post, should I then inform them of the address change though?
    Originally posted by XperiaZX350
    Yes.

Again if you read the Newbies FAQ thread you would see they have 6 years to start legal action against you - and lots of threads from folk discovering ccjs on their record after moving and not informing their 'creditors'
    Last edited by Quentin; 06-01-2018 at 9:36 PM.
    • XperiaZX350
    • By XperiaZX350 13th Dec 17, 2:47 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    XperiaZX350
    • 13th Dec 17, 2:47 PM
    • 13th Dec 17, 2:47 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread.

Had you done so you would have seen the advice never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of who was driving

After you move you will have other important mail delivered to your old address unless you take action prior to moving!
    Originally posted by Quentin
    I am the keeper of the vehicle and that I have enclosed a receipt to say that whoever was driving the vehicle purchased goods at the store.

I'll be taking action in the next few days if speaking with the manager of the store fails to produce any results
    Last edited by XperiaZX350; 13-12-2017 at 3:04 PM.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Dec 17, 3:00 PM
    • 35,914 Posts
    • 20,186 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 13th Dec 17, 3:00 PM
    • 13th Dec 17, 3:00 PM
    I was not going to reveal who was driving as per the advice of the thread, merely that I am the keeper of the vehicle and that I have enclosed a receipt to say that whoever was driving the vehicle purchased goods at the store.

I'll be taking action in the next few days if speaking with the manager of the store fails to produce any results
    It's your call, but the ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you!

(If you have inadvertently used your real name as the mirror for your forum name then you need to get mse to change it to something anonymous)
    Last edited by Quentin; 06-01-2018 at 9:37 PM.
    • XperiaZX350
    • By XperiaZX350 13th Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    XperiaZX350
    • 13th Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    • 13th Dec 17, 3:05 PM
    It's your call, but the ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you!

(If you have inadvertently used your real name as the mirror for your forum name then you need to get mse to change it to something anonymous)
    Originally posted by Quentin

I must apologise, I misread your post and have now changed this. I was unaware that these forums are monitored and as the keeper of the vehicle, just wish to get the best help I can
    Last edited by XperiaZX350; 13-12-2017 at 3:11 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Dec 17, 6:37 PM
    • 58,553 Posts
    • 72,067 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You won't be using IAS.

Almost everyone gets Managers to cancel G24 charges, here's one today on pepipoo:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=117333

BTW when people move house they should ALWAYS do at least 6 months postal redirection, for obvious reasons of data security and not missing important mail of any description, and alerting you to any contact you've forgotten to update.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• XperiaZX350
    • By XperiaZX350 5th Jan 18, 2:19 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    XperiaZX350
    Good News! After complaining in store, the ticket was dropped. Thanks for your help Guys and Gals!
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 5th Jan 18, 2:47 PM
    • 577 Posts
    • 680 Thanks
    claxtome
    Great news
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Jan 18, 12:53 AM
    • 58,553 Posts
    • 72,067 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Good News! After complaining in store, the ticket was dropped. Thanks for your help Guys and Gals!
    Good stuff - another one bites the dust! G24 are easy to see off by retailer complaint.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,624Posts Today

7,771Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin