Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • spyro101
    • By spyro101 11th Dec 17, 9:05 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 7Thanks
    spyro101
    ESPE PCN County Court Letter
    • 11th Dec 17, 9:05 PM
    ESPE PCN County Court Letter 11th Dec 17 at 9:05 PM
    Hi all,
    Last November a parking charge was issued to my vehicle (which I no longer own) on the grounds of overstaying the paid time.
    I have had various threatening letters from number of different companies, such as ES parking enforcement, Wright Hassall solicitors ZZPS and Gladstones Solicitors asking for the money and threatening with bailiffs - all of which i have ignored.

Im now at the point of a County Court Claim Form which I have followed the guide to acknowledge the service. So I should have 28 days from now to submit my defence.
    Im just wondering how to start my defence and what to include.
    The original ticket issued to the car has the wrong registration wrote on it, however the letters sent have the correct reg so I'm not sure if that stands for anything?

Also unfortunately the car park is around a 2 hour drive from my house however if I need to go to gather evidence I am prepared to do so.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Page 2
    • claxtome
    • By claxtome 1st Feb 18, 4:30 AM
    • 603 Posts
    • 715 Thanks
    claxtome
    I have of the signs in the carpark - I believe they may have been changed as you can see outlines of the old transfers on the sign.
    I can see what you mean.
    Difficult to prove but can be mentioned at Witness Statement (WS) stage.

Interesting what Castle noticed on the entrance sign.
    Shows it is an old sign as you can't clamp nowadays.
    • spyro101
    • By spyro101 5th Feb 18, 9:04 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    spyro101
    Should I be worried about the content on the signs?
    If its any difference it was dark when entering so the front sign was not easily visible.

Cheers
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Feb 18, 9:49 PM
    • 60,110 Posts
    • 73,256 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Darkness on entering the car park is hugely important. Have you taken some photos in the dark?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• spyro101
    • By spyro101 7th Feb 18, 8:40 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    spyro101
    Unfortunately not.

There may be another trip on the cards then. Or should I wait to hear from court first?

Thanks again.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 7th Feb 18, 8:53 PM
    • 60,110 Posts
    • 73,256 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I'd be taking a load of photos before the clocks go forward next month! Then you will have them ready to submit with your Witness Statement. Make them good, dark, unreadable. No flash!
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• spyro101
    • By spyro101 11th Apr 18, 6:53 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    spyro101
    Hi again all.

Great news today!! Gladstones have decided to drop the case completely!

I received a letter with the notice saying all the claims have been discontinued!
    Thank you to everyone that has helped me.

And thank you to Coupon-mad & Claxtome especially!

Time to celebrate
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Apr 18, 2:06 AM
    • 60,110 Posts
    • 73,256 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Just seen this - VERY well done, another Gladstones claim discontinued!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

54Posts Today

3,307Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin