Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • grumpyawldwifey
    • By grumpyawldwifey 11th Dec 17, 8:23 PM
    • 76Posts
    • 55Thanks
    grumpyawldwifey
    9 months after alleged parking contravention I get a Final Reminder from Excel!
    • 11th Dec 17, 8:23 PM
    9 months after alleged parking contravention I get a Final Reminder from Excel! 11th Dec 17 at 8:23 PM
    In March this year, some parking charges sent by Excel were challenged. They were imposed because, on dropping off a disabled lady at a hotel that the carpark served (amongst other businesses) on a few occasions, took longer than the 10mins allowed. The pay as you park function wasn't working. They were sent photographic evidence of this.
    On the 29 November, a final reminder arrived. Bearing in mind, the details of every notice received was listed on the original appeal and, as nothing was heard since, it was assumed that the appeal had been successful. Does anyone know if there's any way that I can check this?
    The notice states that an NTK was sent on 1st March 2017 and, because their records state that it wasn't responded to the right to appeal has been lost??
    The car in question has recently been sold and the number plate is unassigned. Could this have triggered them to act now?
    Re-appeal or just ignore?
    Last edited by grumpyawldwifey; 12-12-2017 at 6:10 PM.
Page 4
    • grumpyawldwifey
    • By grumpyawldwifey 4th May 18, 4:16 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    grumpyawldwifey
    Defence Filed
    I've submitted my defence.
    For info, I emailed it to 3 different email addresses just to be on the safe side.

I originally sent it to two, these were

ccbcaq@justice.gov.uk (suggested new addy)
    ccbc@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk (addy advertised on their website)

I got a response from the first email address which included:

IMPORTANT

You will need to send any ‘claim response’ which includes the acknowledgment of service, part admission or defence /counterclaim forms as well as directions questionnaires (DQs) directly to ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk to ensure that they are filed correctly. Your email has not been forwarded.

So, I sent it to that email address too
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th May 18, 4:31 PM
    • 8,097 Posts
    • 7,971 Thanks
    KeithP
    ccbcaq@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk is the widely suggested address on here, and is in fact the one explicitly stated for claim responses on the County Court Business Centre's Contact page:

But you got there in the end.
    Last edited by KeithP; 04-05-2018 at 4:48 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th May 18, 4:32 PM
    • 59,596 Posts
    • 72,740 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    That last one is the one that we always advise, never the one without 'aq' in it.

ccbc@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk (addy advertised on their website)
    So is ccbcaq@
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• grumpyawldwifey
    • By grumpyawldwifey 9th May 18, 8:48 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    grumpyawldwifey
    Silly question time again.
    I'm completing my DQ as per the Newbies advice.
    Mum is going to write a statement and will attend court with me. If I have my brother and sister-in-law write statements and exhibit their relevant insurance documents, do I need to put 4 witnesses down? I have no idea what their availability is likely to be as my brother works away a lot.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th May 18, 8:54 PM
    • 18,534 Posts
    • 23,450 Thanks
    Redx
    the witness statements can be used in writing and they dont have to be there although that means they cannot be questioned

so I would be putting down the number of witness statements you are going to submit , even if the witnesses fail to attend (or some of them)

when the witness statements are done by yourself etc in the future, the court can be notified of who may be attending , including yourself and any witnesses
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th May 18, 8:55 PM
    • 8,097 Posts
    • 7,971 Thanks
    KeithP
    The answer to that question is to help them ensure they allocate enough accommodation in the court room.

It's the number of witnesses attending, not the number of witness statements.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th May 18, 8:56 PM
    • 18,534 Posts
    • 23,450 Thanks
    Redx
    in which case put down the likely number of people attending for your side, even if you have more witness statements than people in the flesh
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • grumpyawldwifey
    • By grumpyawldwifey 8th Jul 18, 9:18 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    grumpyawldwifey
    The court date is set - late September.
    I have my supporting witness statements from other family members.
    Question - they are admitting to having driven my car through that car park although none of us can confirm who drove on which days. Would there be a case for Excel to pursue them?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jul 18, 12:47 AM
    • 59,596 Posts
    • 72,740 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Excel will try, there is always an arguable case. You just have to win the argument!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,404Posts Today

8,979Users online

Martin's Twitter