Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ennndi
    • By ennndi 11th Dec 17, 5:53 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ennndi
    Smart Parking pcn, need help with sending them letter. :(
    • 11th Dec 17, 5:53 PM
    Smart Parking pcn, need help with sending them letter. :( 11th Dec 17 at 5:53 PM
    Hello. Today i get a letter from smart parking with pcn. I was parking on Lifeboat Quay parking lot in Poole. I was on that parking from 20.22 to 22.32. In that time i was on gym where is tablet to register 2 hours free parking for members. The thing is I had to put there my name and registration number of car. From forum i know that is possible to avoid that if they dont know who was driving the car. I`m not sure if I put my name and lastname once in system connecting it with my car plates. Probably not in that time when i had"earned" charge.. Thereis a chance for me to win that case and not paying that fine? I would like to avoid paying 45 in first two weeks or 90 pounds after this period! Please help me. Sorry for my english skills. 😣😣😣
Page 2
    • ladybug lottie
    • By ladybug lottie 6th Apr 18, 5:45 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ladybug lottie
    Thank you. I could do but didnt want to start a new thread when there was already one on here that is the same thing in the same place from the same parking company. I suppose I wondered if someone could give an idea if the template 1st appeal in the newbie sticky sent to Smart Parking that ennndi was advised to send is enough to get the pcn dropped or if there will be a further appeal to be made to POPLA? The reason I ask is am due to give birth any day and if this is likely to require more research/appealing I will probably just pay the fine.
    Last edited by ladybug lottie; 06-04-2018 at 5:52 PM. Reason: Typo
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Apr 18, 6:08 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,673 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I wondered if someone could give an idea if the template 1st appeal in the newbie sticky sent to Smart Parking that ennndi was advised to send is enough to get the pcn dropped
    Yes.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72609308#post72609308

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5795168

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74106840#post74106840

or if there will be a further appeal to be made to POPLA?
    Unlikely, because Smart normally take a month to think about it, then cancel.

if this is likely to require more research/appealing I will probably just pay the fine.
    It's not a fine and that would be MADNESS. You will be spending the 100 on your lovely new baby, believe us!

Anyway why not simply complain to the gym/place where you were patron, get them to cancel it? Easy to get rid of Smart Parking, as long as you do not say who was driving. Look:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5586933

the shop got in touch with the parking company and the notice was (reluctantly) cancelled. I was prepared to settle in for a long dispute but all sorted :-)
    • ladybug lottie
    • By ladybug lottie 6th Apr 18, 7:13 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ladybug lottie
    Thank you so much that is very helpful

I cant complain to the patron of the car park (a hotel) as the driver was using the supermarket right next to the car park (not realising it was a separate part of the car park reserved for hotel customers)

So hoping that by not disclosing who was driving and sending the newbie sticky post to smart parking that it will do the trick. As these links confirm that the chances are good so thank you for that. I will keep you all updated even in a newborn fog!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Apr 18, 7:14 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,673 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes please, and update us about the newborn!

If you do get a POPLA code we can help, the appeal will be easy and could be copied from another Smart one. They are 100% beatable by a registered keeper appellant who doesn't name the driver.
    • ladybug lottie
    • By ladybug lottie 11th May 18, 12:15 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ladybug lottie
    Hello everyone! Well today I received the letter from Smart cancelling the PCN Woohoo!! You people are FANTASTIC!!

On another note my baby girl Polly arrived on 20th April, born at home

Thank you so much for your advice.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th May 18, 2:28 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,673 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yay, two lots of good news!

Welcome to the World to your little girl, Polly. xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,474Posts Today

6,903Users online

Martin's Twitter