Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • siananigans
    • By siananigans 11th Dec 17, 5:17 PM
    • 22Posts
    • 6Thanks
    siananigans
    Just Equita letter No PCN
    • 11th Dec 17, 5:17 PM
    Just Equita letter No PCN 11th Dec 17 at 5:17 PM
    Hi Forum,
    I've read through the Newbies Sticky and lots of other posts related to ParkingEye and Equita issues, but unfortunatly I'm still a little confused what action to take. I'd really appreciate a quick steer on which way to go so I can do some more research and move forward.

I received a letter from Equita (hand delivered) the title of which was 'RE: ParkingEye Limited Outstanding Parking Charge' demanding payment of 145 for an unpaid parking charge. They refer to myself as <Keeper/Hirer/Driver>. They say that ParkingEye have written to me recently regarding the unpaid charge and as it hasn't been paid the matter has now been passed to Equita.

The issue is is that this is the first correspondance I have received from either ParkingEye or Equita. I haven't received any PCNs, nor did I get a windscreen one. The letter does not give any information on when/where the charge took place, only reference numbers and pin numbers. I used these to log into the ParkingEye website to see the information on the charge (bad move?) and it relates to a stay in the famous Chelmsford Riverside Retail Park (of the Beavis case), 6 months previously. The alloted time scale is max 2 hours, the car was parked for 2hr 49min as many shops were visited and lunch was had.

I also (having read the forum I now realise foolishly) called Equita for more information. They were rude and unhelpful and hung up on me. I didn't give them any more information than they have on the letter they sent me though.

Because a PCN was never received I now don't know whether to go down the dispute / POPLA route, or whether to write to the head of one of the many stores visited that day and try and get them to cancel the charge? And as the car park the charge relates to is the one from the Beavis case, would I have a leg to stand on re. correct legible signage as in the dispute template? Presumably they would have made this car park infallable when it comes to disputes?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Huge Thanks.
Page 3
    • siananigans
    • By siananigans 8th Jan 18, 3:48 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    siananigans
    Hi all,

This is the contact for the car park owners CBRE that we were given by the store manager at Riverside Retail Park:

Charlie.Gardiner-Graham@cbre.com

They were very polite and helpful, unlike Equita!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Jan 18, 1:26 AM
    • 58,391 Posts
    • 71,916 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    That's very useful for others, thank you. I will add your success here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Jan 18, 3:16 AM
    • 17,986 Posts
    • 28,477 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    This is the contact for the car park owners CBRE that we were given by the store manager at Riverside Retail Park:
    I thought British Airways Pension Fund owned the Riverside (as per Beavis) - I wonder if things have changed? Are PE still paying to farm parking tickets there I wonder?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,195Posts Today

8,253Users online

Martin's Twitter