Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jo1982
    • By jo1982 9th Dec 17, 4:33 PM
    • 30Posts
    • 26Thanks
    jo1982
    Lowell and shop direct default
    • 9th Dec 17, 4:33 PM
    Lowell and shop direct default 9th Dec 17 at 4:33 PM
    I am wondering if anyone out there can help? I have found a default in my credit report from Lowell from November 2016. The problem I have and am trying to fight is the date of the default.
    Firstly I went into arrears in October 2015, I may a few token payments to shop direct December 15, Jan- March 2016. I contacted Lowell and shop direct to dispute the date of the default. They have come back all with different dates:
    Default sum notices Oct & November 2015
    Token payments to shop direct Dec15, Jan march 2016
    October 2016 shop direct delete account from credit file
    Default issued by Lowell 2/11/16
    Date of assignment according to Lowell 4/11/16 noticed me 17/11/16
    Date of assignment according to shop direct 7/11/16

Both Lowell & shop direct are batting it back to the other! Making it difficult to challenge. Last night I sent proof to Lowell that shop direct did not issue a default to my credit report as they had already deleted my account before the default & assignment. Today they email back making reference to shop direct Littlewoods when it was in fact a Very account! They have also searched my credit file too today, which I find wrong since I have settled the debt a few weeks ago.

What are my chances of getting the date on the default changed or deleted full stop?

I have emailed the CEO of Lowell as Lowell will not provide me with any proof that Very defaulted my credit report or proof that they are entitled to my data.
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 9th Dec 17, 5:40 PM
    • 13,720 Posts
    • 13,055 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 9th Dec 17, 5:40 PM
    • 9th Dec 17, 5:40 PM
    Hi,

I have moved your post to a new thread, tagging on to other people!!!8217;s threads just causes confusion, hopefully you will get more responses.
    Last edited by sourcrates; 09-12-2017 at 6:28 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Whytetwns
    • By Whytetwns 9th Dec 17, 5:57 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Whytetwns
    • 9th Dec 17, 5:57 PM
    • 9th Dec 17, 5:57 PM
    where is it moved to
    i have fought these companies with successful
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 9th Dec 17, 6:29 PM
    • 13,720 Posts
    • 13,055 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 9th Dec 17, 6:29 PM
    • 9th Dec 17, 6:29 PM
    where is it moved to
    i have fought these companies with successful
    Originally posted by Whytetwns
    The post you have replied too above.
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

• Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 10th Dec 17, 12:34 PM
    • 903 Posts
    • 497 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 10th Dec 17, 12:34 PM
    • 10th Dec 17, 12:34 PM
    If both parties are giving you the run around then take it further than them
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 10th Dec 17, 2:36 PM
    • 13,720 Posts
    • 13,055 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 10th Dec 17, 2:36 PM
    • 10th Dec 17, 2:36 PM
    According to what you have said, a default was not registered by shop direct, only by Lowell, after they had purchased the debt.

So Lowell have done nothing wrong here, except the date should be backdated to when you were first in difficulty, they have issued the default as the original creditor failed to do so.

Your main dispute is with shop direct, and it will hinge upon why they did not default you after more than a year of token payments.

Guidance states a default can be registered after between 3-6 missed contracted payments, so no longer than six months, so the default should of been registered anytime up to April 2016.

Written complaint to shop direct informing them they have not followed due diligence and have failed to default your account, when they should of done, CC a copy to Lowell as the date on that default should be backdated by at least six months.

If you still hit a brick wall, then escalate your complaint to the ICO.

• jo1982
    • By jo1982 11th Dec 17, 8:34 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    jo1982
    • 11th Dec 17, 8:34 PM
    • 11th Dec 17, 8:34 PM
    Thanks for your help, I have emailed complaints today, will keep you posted.
    • jo1982
    • By jo1982 11th Jan 18, 7:10 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    jo1982
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:10 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 7:10 PM
    I just thought I would update you on the default that I asked about a while back that had been place by Lowell for a very shopdirect account. Today I have recieved an email to say they are deleting the default and they have offered 100 compensation which is a bonus. I have just checked my credit report and it has already been deleted even though they said it can take 10 days. I am thrilled to bits as this has just help me move towards the mortgage I am looking to get. Don!!!8217;t give up everyone!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,840Posts Today

6,580Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've decided my weekend starts here while the sun's glow is still baskable. So I'm signing off. Have a great weeke? https://t.co/9FxNEpDs6p

• No not correct. The big six do, but you can get fixed tariffs guaranteed not to rise and about 25% cheaper. Just tr? https://t.co/B2ft5OS3Ig

• Baaaa! Scottish Power has bleated and followed the herd, today announcing it's putting up energy prices by 5.5%. R? https://t.co/vi3hBxo4Hn

• Follow Martin