Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lovehols
    • By lovehols 8th Dec 17, 10:39 AM
    • 214Posts
    • 122Thanks
    lovehols
    Barclays time between Valuation and Offer and Valuation Question
    • 8th Dec 17, 10:39 AM
    Barclays time between Valuation and Offer and Valuation Question 8th Dec 17 at 10:39 AM
    We are using L&C broker, full application was done on Monday and we had offer in principle that (late) afternoon. The mortgage valuation (included in set up fee so only standard one) is being done on Monday?

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes between the valuation and getting an offer? They've already had ID docs, statements, payslips etc so am I right in thinking the initial checks will have already been done anyway?

Also, in the past I've had valuations done on properties and I'm just curious on something. Do they always list the valuation price as your offer price (unless it's drastically different, like you are paying over the odds). I know in the past the valuation always matches the offer price. I'm just curious as we got over 10% off the asking price so will they say if they think it is worth more than we paid, or just if they think it is worth less (if that makes sense).

We are away in a week until the new year and I don't think I'll rest if we don't get an offer before going on holiday!
Page 1
    • Smevchenko
    • By Smevchenko 29th Mar 18, 1:23 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Smevchenko
    • 29th Mar 18, 1:23 PM
    • 29th Mar 18, 1:23 PM
    How long did it take for you to get an offer after the valuation?

Anyone else with experience using Barclays recently?
    • gjheward91
    • By gjheward91 10th Apr 18, 6:23 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    gjheward91
    • 10th Apr 18, 6:23 AM
    • 10th Apr 18, 6:23 AM
    My application went in last Thursday (5th April) no news yet....
    • Nicola83
    • By Nicola83 10th Apr 18, 11:06 AM
    • 68 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    Nicola83
    • 10th Apr 18, 11:06 AM
    • 10th Apr 18, 11:06 AM
    We got our mortgage with Barclays in February. From putting the application in to getting the offer was just over 2 weeks, and we had a little delay cos we were doing help to buy and they needed some paperwork for that last minute. Once the valuation was done it took about a week to get the offer through.
    Hope you're not waiting too long.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

256Posts Today

1,977Users online

Martin's Twitter