Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hubb
    • By hubb 8th Dec 17, 9:57 AM
    • 1,842Posts
    • 361Thanks
    hubb
    EE prices to rise after paying upfront
    • 8th Dec 17, 9:57 AM
    EE prices to rise after paying upfront 8th Dec 17 at 9:57 AM
    I canít believe EE are announcing a price rise when I have paid upfront for 18 months high speed bb (to get reduced rate) as well as an agreed price of £10 a month. Surely they canít do this as the price was agreed set when I paid upfront ? Turns out the discount for paying up front was a misleading swiz.
Page 3
    • littlesheepy
    • By littlesheepy 21st Dec 17, 11:43 PM
    • 517 Posts
    • 1,127 Thanks
    littlesheepy
    Yes. As your letter should say, if they are increasing prices for you then you have the right to leave.
    Look at the FAQ's 'can I leave'
    http://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-and-home-connections/broadband-gallery-mobile-broadband/home-broadband/broadband-jan-price-increase
    Originally posted by boatman
    I've not had a letter, only an email. I'll have a proper read through it all, thanks
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 22nd Dec 17, 11:25 AM
    • 2,898 Posts
    • 812 Thanks
    AndyPK
    Did you go through the exec office?
    Originally posted by boatman
    Tried them. Got a response to call the dedicated team to help deal with it

number ending 0178
    • timmillea
    • By timmillea 23rd Dec 17, 3:45 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    timmillea
    Just had a call from Kerry Rutland of the Executive Care Team about my mother's case. Once my mother had passed her security question - unfortunately in the middle of radio coverage of her football team's game, Kerry confirmed to me that the balance of the 18 month advance line rental would be reimbursed using the existing direct debit arrangements. In the meantime she would be monitoring my mother's switchover.

Kerry was polite, courteous and professional. Credit where credit is due!

If all happens as promised, I will be satisfied. It is just unfortunate that the initial announcement and immediate call-centre handling of customers fell short of OFCOM rules.

Tim.

"Everything is relative"
    • iwant2asave
    • By iwant2asave 25th Dec 17, 5:34 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    iwant2asave
    I received the letter that says "to cancel your contract without charge, please give us a call on 0800 079 0177 before 14 January 2018."

Once I have called them, how long do I have to complete the switch to someone else?
    • boatman
    • By boatman 27th Dec 17, 12:58 AM
    • 3,942 Posts
    • 2,807 Thanks
    boatman
    I received the letter that says "to cancel your contract without charge, please give us a call on 0800 079 0177 before 14 January 2018."

Once I have called them, how long do I have to complete the switch to someone else?
    Originally posted by iwant2asave
    They really need to have the transfer notice from the new provider within the 30 days, so probably best not to leave it more than 25 days from receipt of the price rise email.
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 12th Jan 18, 4:18 PM
    • 2,898 Posts
    • 812 Thanks
    AndyPK
    are people seeing the increase in this months bill ?
    • derrick
    • By derrick 12th Jan 18, 4:46 PM
    • 7,060 Posts
    • 2,293 Thanks
    derrick
    are people seeing the increase in this months bill ?
    Originally posted by AndyPK

From what I recall the increase does not start until January 13th, so would not expect anything until February's bill,.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 12th Jan 18, 5:06 PM
    • 2,898 Posts
    • 812 Thanks
    AndyPK
    Humm.

LR Is paid 1 month in advance. Thought BB might too
    • derrick
    • By derrick 8th Feb 18, 10:51 AM
    • 7,060 Posts
    • 2,293 Thanks
    derrick
    I have just received a call from the executive care team and they are going to amend my ongoing bills with a £2.00 monthly credit.

They said they cannot just wipe the increase so are going to bill me for £2.00 then credit me with £2.00, nothing will be taken from my bank account.

Confirmed by email as follows; -
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my call today. As discussed I have applied a reoccurring credit of £2.00 to your account. This is to counter act the price rise that has occurred on your account. This credit will apply for the duration of your contract.
    Thank you for choosing EE.

Kind Regards.
    Originally posted by derrick

Received my February bill earlier and the credit had not been applied.

Contacted "Executive Care Team" and was told credit had been rejected but he did not know why, so he has credited £42.00 to the account which will show on next months bill, he did not want to apply the reoccurring credit again in case it got rejected again, this £42.00 will more than cover the £2.00 per month increase for the next 14 months.

Quote from the email sent to me @ 1015 this morning: -

Thank you for taking the time to answer my call today. As agreed I have applied a lump sum of what would be the line rental increase as a credit to your account. Your account currently is in credit of £42.00. However the latest bill of £2.00 has been generated and unable to stop this. The credit will cover future bill and you will see this on March bill.

Check your bills people.
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• IanRoyTurton
    • By IanRoyTurton 14th Feb 18, 5:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    IanRoyTurton
    "It's in the contract..."
    True. So ALL providers do it. RPI (not CPI like, say, pensions...). So your choice is do I accept an UNFAIR contract - but have a phone - or do without...

If its fixed for me, penalties for me to leave then it should be fixed for them, for the period. I know, I know, people will argue that then the initial prices will climb to cover it.

Where is the blooming competition?
    • pinkladyvenus
    • By pinkladyvenus 15th Feb 18, 9:00 PM
    • 265 Posts
    • 679 Thanks
    pinkladyvenus
    Received my February bill earlier and the credit had not been applied.

Contacted "Executive Care Team" and was told credit had been rejected but he did not know why, so he has credited £42.00 to the account which will show on next months bill, he did not want to apply the reoccurring credit again in case it got rejected again, this £42.00 will more than cover the £2.00 per month increase for the next 14 months.

Quote from the email sent to me @ 1015 this morning: -

Thank you for taking the time to answer my call today. As agreed I have applied a lump sum of what would be the line rental increase as a credit to your account. Your account currently is in credit of £42.00. However the latest bill of £2.00 has been generated and unable to stop this. The credit will cover future bill and you will see this on March bill.

Check your bills people.
    posted by derrick
    Just want to say thank you for pointing this out on checking my bill I found the £2 credit had not been applied as previously agreed I had to phone and was also given a lump sum credit.
    Sealed pot challenge member 437
    • sound gems
    • By sound gems 2nd Mar 18, 3:13 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sound gems
    EE Broadband Price increase NOT Notified
    A bit late in the day, but I NEVER had the email. Plenty of other EE emails, in fact eight form EE since december, but not the one telling me monthly charge was going up from £23 to £25 in January mid contract. I only realised when I saw my bank statement this week.

Called twice and been stone walled. They insist that I received email and read it. I have been with Orange/EE FOREVER. Feel like I have been mugged !!!

Am I too late to complain to the Executive Office ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,911Posts Today

8,958Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin