Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dunx1000
    • By dunx1000 7th Dec 17, 6:59 PM
    • 18Posts
    • 4Thanks
    dunx1000
    Parking UKPC CCJ pending need advice please
    • 7th Dec 17, 6:59 PM
    Parking UKPC CCJ pending need advice please 7th Dec 17 at 6:59 PM
    Hi I hope someone can advise.
    I used to pay parking fines at once but following advice on this site I didn't pay a few tickets from ukpc. The parking at my work isn't very clear lines are rubbed away and there was debris and old cars bins etc dotted about the site. On 3 occasions I parked in areas which they say were not actual spaces.
    I spoke to the law company and they would not compromise. I have submitted my defence but I'm worried it will not be enough and then I will have to pay 770 and will get a ccj against may name. I need to renew my mortgage in 18 months and I'm worried it may cost me more?

My wife and I are worried and I now wish I just paid the initial 240 for 4 tickets.
    Many thanks
Page 2
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Jan 18, 5:52 PM
    • 58,549 Posts
    • 72,050 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The order will simply be the local courts deciding how to divvy up cases, on the basis that Slough is nearer for you. UKPC have no say in this because they are a company claimant and you are a litigant-in-person, and the court will be your nearest.

I also have some further evidence in the form of a photo showing how unclear the parking was in the site. Does anyone know if this will be admissible in the hearing?
    Have you already submitted your Witness Statement and evidence, as per the letter from the court naming the court & hearing date?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• dunx1000
    • By dunx1000 7th Mar 18, 9:12 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    dunx1000
    Hi all its now been a couple of months since my case got referred to another court and I have heard nothing since. Is that normal - could there just be a backlog?

Thanks again
    • dunx1000
    • By dunx1000 7th Mar 18, 9:17 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    dunx1000
    I haven't received a hearing date yet. I did send a "defence statement" before Christmas but that was to the central court before it was referred. Thanks again
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Mar 18, 1:48 AM
    • 58,549 Posts
    • 72,050 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I would ring the court it was allocated to, and we assume that's your local one.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• dunx1000
    • By dunx1000 8th Mar 18, 3:24 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    dunx1000
    Got the letter today. I have a date in august it says that the claimant has to pay 80 to progress the case by early july or it will be thrown out. I guess this is the standard?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 8th Mar 18, 3:31 PM
    • 7,720 Posts
    • 7,466 Thanks
    KeithP
    Yes that's standard.

It also gives a date for you submit your witness statement - not in so many words but something like fourteen days before you must supply documents and evidence you rely on.

Do not miss that date.
    • dunx1000
    • By dunx1000 8th Mar 18, 4:03 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    dunx1000
    I think they have sent me the letter meant for the claimant it doesn't mention me having to submit a defence it just asks for the 80 etc...
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 8th Mar 18, 4:09 PM
    • 7,720 Posts
    • 7,466 Thanks
    KeithP
    I think they have sent me the letter meant for the claimant it doesn't mention me having to submit a defence it just asks for the 80 etc...
    Originally posted by dunx1000
    It does not say you have to pay anything. Read it again.
    You told us earlier that 'the claimant has to pay 80 to progress the case'.

Of course it does not say you have to submit a defence. You have already done that.

Does it say anything about both parties submitting documents they intend toi rely on?

If you can't work out what it says then post an image.
    • dunx1000
    • By dunx1000 8th Mar 18, 4:29 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    dunx1000
    please see pic
    • Castle
    • By Castle 8th Mar 18, 4:47 PM
    • 1,771 Posts
    • 2,397 Thanks
    Castle
    Is there anything on the back?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Mar 18, 8:46 PM
    • 58,549 Posts
    • 72,050 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    So, errrmmmm...what do you think the words under 'Directions' mean?

And on the back, what does it say, what date do you have to follow the Directions by?

Without meaning any offence, can I refer you to read IamEmanresu's signature...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73983821#post73983821

• dunx1000
    • By dunx1000 9th Mar 18, 4:14 AM
    • 18 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    dunx1000

Point taken in my defence I was at work and I only had the first page then.
    Still think the wording is unclear.

No idea how this is going to go! Any final tips for my evidence and hearing would be appreciated .
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 9th Mar 18, 1:01 PM
    • 2,765 Posts
    • 3,442 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Well you need to ensure you have a witness statement compiled - you should jhave one almost done by now
    What is the deadline for you to send them in? Doesnt appear on the page you gave us.
    • dunx1000
    • By dunx1000 9th Mar 18, 8:55 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    dunx1000
    Do most defendants get statements from colleagues backing up their own statements?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Mar 18, 8:58 PM
    • 58,549 Posts
    • 72,050 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Many witnesses use other witness statements too, in order to back up their version of events. Best if the other witness is able to come to the hearing to confirm their WS, to give it more weight.

• KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Mar 18, 9:04 PM
    • 7,720 Posts
    • 7,466 Thanks
    KeithP
    No idea how this is going to go!
    Originally posted by dunx1000
    I'm with you on that.

If you won't answer simple questions, it is difficult to predict.

Like here...
    What is the deadline for you to send them in?
    Originally posted by nosferatu1001
    and here...
    Is there anything on the back?
    Originally posted by Castle
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

41Posts Today

3,120Users online

Martin's Twitter