Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mansey
    • By mansey 6th Dec 17, 6:15 PM
    • 4,024Posts
    • 14,841Thanks
    mansey
    Compers Challenge 2018
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:15 PM
    Compers Challenge 2018 6th Dec 17 at 6:15 PM
    Woo that's us ready to start on January 1st 2018 folks

Good luck to all for the Compers Challenge 2018
    (Your gonna need it)

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 24-01-2018 at 10:01 AM.
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.”
    !!!8213; Billy Joel

"You are awful - but I do like you! - Mandy
Page 75
    • lucinad
    • By lucinad 9th Jul 18, 2:33 PM
    • 4,151 Posts
    • 161,513 Thanks
    lucinad
    I will give lucinad a shout she will make Pimms and Strawberries and Cream out of something
    Originally posted by mansey
    ha ha
    september wins:
    • Dormouse1940
    • By Dormouse1940 9th Jul 18, 7:16 PM
    • 400 Posts
    • 10,907 Thanks
    Dormouse1940
    Oooh I've had a little flurry of wins!

Another bottle of gin, a journal & posh pen, and then another posh journal all within a couple of days.

While I wait for the postie, I shall ponder which challenges to allocate them to. I may have to get creative with the stationary!
    Living thriftily most of the time
    • Moneybot
    • By Moneybot 10th Jul 18, 10:03 PM
    • 7,242 Posts
    • 206,544 Thanks
    Moneybot
    Oooh I've had a little flurry of wins!

Another bottle of gin, a journal & posh pen, and then another posh journal all within a couple of days.

While I wait for the postie, I shall ponder which challenges to allocate them to. I may have to get creative with the stationary!
    Originally posted by Dormouse1940
    The newt loves stationery!!!
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
    Marcus Aurelius
    • Donnylover
    • By Donnylover 11th Jul 18, 7:59 AM
    • 628 Posts
    • 2,522 Thanks
    Donnylover
    Now I don't normally moan about my prizes but........

I won a 'Meaty' pack with Peperami on twitter last week and it turned up yesterday..... 2 small single sticks of Peperami (one has the price 79p on it! so £ 1.58 in total) Sent in a small jiffy bag by 1st class letter post (lucky it did't get pulled up for being too fat for letter post )

Think about 20 won so I wasn't expecting much but do wonder if it really is worth it.

Not really moaning - I'm more amused than anything
    • Donnylover
    • By Donnylover 11th Jul 18, 3:24 PM
    • 628 Posts
    • 2,522 Thanks
    Donnylover
    Just had an email from Cosmopolitan to say I have won a £ 100 voucher in the dailies. Didn't say what it was for though Guess I will have to be patient.
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 11th Jul 18, 5:00 PM
    • 4,760 Posts
    • 182,274 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    Just had an email from Cosmopolitan to say I have won a £ 100 voucher in the dailies. Didn't say what it was for though Guess I will have to be patient.
    Originally posted by Donnylover
    Congrats. Could it have been this one?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5854079&highlight=cosmopolitan

• Donnylover
    • By Donnylover 11th Jul 18, 6:11 PM
    • 628 Posts
    • 2,522 Thanks
    Donnylover
    Yes I wondered if it could be that one - depends how quick they draw it - sometimes it's ages. I like posters but not sure if I want to spend that much on them! Have just bought a few canvases for the home.
    • Dormouse1940
    • By Dormouse1940 13th Jul 18, 12:05 PM
    • 400 Posts
    • 10,907 Thanks
    Dormouse1940
    Going to be having a few days off comping next week to go camping, so I've been updating my challenges.

Any ideas for a notebook? I've already had an offering accepted by The Newt.
    The other journal and posh pen I've put under challenge 39- items for the home, on the basis that I've always got notebooks lying around the house & by my bed in case I'm struck with any sudden great ideas!
    • Dormouse1940
    • By Dormouse1940 13th Jul 18, 12:06 PM
    • 400 Posts
    • 10,907 Thanks
    Dormouse1940
    Gin is like buses- just had a wem for another bottle won. That's 3 in as many weeks!

Hope everyone's lucky x
    • Donnylover
    • By Donnylover 13th Jul 18, 12:44 PM
    • 628 Posts
    • 2,522 Thanks
    Donnylover
    My £ 100 voucher from Cosmopolitan is indeed for the poster store - and I have to spend it all in one go!

Was bit worried about spending that much but didn't realise that you can have canvasses and other things as well. Sure daughter will help me spend it (not asking son coz his GF will say yes and their flat is already full of tat )

Any ideas if I can cross anything off the list? It's exactly £100 so I am presuming vouchers of £100+ would be out? I know I'm pushing it lol...... oooh just realised one of the posters I do want is a yellow pattern! Get in!
    • mansey
    • By mansey 13th Jul 18, 1:16 PM
    • 4,024 Posts
    • 14,841 Thanks
    mansey
    My £ 100 voucher from Cosmopolitan is indeed for the poster store - and I have to spend it all in one go!

Was bit worried about spending that much but didn't realise that you can have canvasses and other things as well. Sure daughter will help me spend it (not asking son coz his GF will say yes and their flat is already full of tat )

Any ideas if I can cross anything off the list? It's exactly £100 so I am presuming vouchers of £100+ would be out? I know I'm pushing it lol...... oooh just realised one of the posters I do want is a yellow pattern! Get in!
    We decided a while ago where a challenge said a sum it could be that exact amount or more
    !!!8213; Billy Joel

• Donnylover
    • By Donnylover 13th Jul 18, 2:29 PM
    • 628 Posts
    • 2,522 Thanks
    Donnylover
    Gin is like buses- just had a wem for another bottle won. That's 3 in as many weeks!

Hope everyone's lucky x
    Originally posted by Dormouse1940
    I used to be that way with mascaras & hair stuff (not won either for years now) but I would enjoy a "Gin Run'

Well done.
    • Dormouse1940
    • By Dormouse1940 13th Jul 18, 7:35 PM
    • 400 Posts
    • 10,907 Thanks
    Dormouse1940

Could go towards the 5-part things for the home challenge?
    • Donnylover
    • By Donnylover 14th Jul 18, 12:36 PM
    • 628 Posts
    • 2,522 Thanks
    Donnylover
    whoop whoop whoop!!!!!

Cheque for £ 100 from That's Life magazine!

That'll do nicely
    • Emmaaar22
    • By Emmaaar22 14th Jul 18, 2:04 PM
    • 547 Posts
    • 3,706 Thanks
    Emmaaar22
    Won some Johnsons baby products

I can`t put three products in three different categories can I?

The ones I can choose from.

(8) July Win something .. Yellow
    (Tell us what it was).

(17) Win .. Something pleasant smelling (candle/perfume ect)
    (Tell us what it was).

(28) Win .. Something pink
    (Tell us what it was)

(34) Win .. Something only a woman would use
    (Tell us what it was)

1 yellow bottle,1 pink bottle, the baby wipes smelt nice if not the baby bath did.
    2017 Wins - Coco Pops, £100 Amazon voucher, Elf T-shirt, £250 Zalando Voucher and £250 FeelUnique Voucher, private gig concerts
    2018 Wins - Steep xbox game, 2 tangle teezer, Contagion Book, JC Annual, water sports bottle, 10p, 2 cricket tickets, can of fizz, 10p, Ribenia, Johnson baby products
    • lucinad
    • By lucinad 14th Jul 18, 2:14 PM
    • 4,151 Posts
    • 161,513 Thanks
    lucinad
    whoop whoop whoop!!!!!

Cheque for £ 100 from That's Life magazine!

That'll do nicely
    NICE! well done
    september wins:
    • mansey
    • By mansey 15th Jul 18, 12:47 AM
    • 4,024 Posts
    • 14,841 Thanks
    mansey
    Won some Johnsons baby products

I can`t put three products in three different categories can I?

The ones I can choose from.

(8) July Win something .. Yellow
    (Tell us what it was).

(17) Win .. Something pleasant smelling (candle/perfume ect)
    (Tell us what it was).

(28) Win .. Something pink
    (Tell us what it was)

(34) Win .. Something only a woman would use
    (Tell us what it was)

1 yellow bottle,1 pink bottle, the baby wipes smelt nice if not the baby bath did.
    Originally posted by Emmaaar22
    One win = One challenge
    !!!8213; Billy Joel

• indie
    • By indie 19th Jul 18, 9:18 AM
    • 2,474 Posts
    • 13,801 Thanks
    indie
    I had a nice surprise win this morning, £100 theatre tickets.
    • lucinad
    • By lucinad 19th Jul 18, 9:22 AM
    • 4,151 Posts
    • 161,513 Thanks
    lucinad
    I had a nice surprise win this morning, £100 theatre tickets.
    Originally posted by indie
    lovely
    where are you putting it? (50) Win .. Vouchers over £100... would be the obvious one
    september wins:
    • indie
    • By indie 19th Jul 18, 9:25 AM
    • 2,474 Posts
    • 13,801 Thanks
    indie
    I was wondering where to put them but have used that one. Some of them are blue, could it go under that one?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,502Posts Today

7,336Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Dora_Haf: @MartinSLewis So many people on here saying they're great until you get your PROPER job. What if Your proper job Is ON zero?

• RT @hslt88: @MartinSLewis I?m a trustee for a youth charity. We only have a limited pool of funds for flexible youth workers for holiday sc?

• RT @Dan_i_elle_88: @MartinSLewis Loved working zero hour agency care work. Never out of work and I loved having the flexibility! Only left?

• Follow Martin