Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mansey
    • By mansey 6th Dec 17, 6:15 PM
    • 3,947Posts
    • 14,567Thanks
    mansey
    Compers Challenge 2018
    • 6th Dec 17, 6:15 PM
    Compers Challenge 2018 6th Dec 17 at 6:15 PM
    Woo that's us ready to start on January 1st 2018 folks

Good luck to all for the Compers Challenge 2018
    (Your gonna need it)

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 24-01-2018 at 10:01 AM.
    I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
    !!!8213; Billy Joel

"You are awful - but I do like you! - Mandy
Page 36
    • mansey
    • By mansey 10th Feb 18, 5:48 PM
    • 3,947 Posts
    • 14,567 Thanks
    mansey
    I was admiring the glass and was going to post I wanted it..Until I saw the stairs and thought it would be more of a interesting post .

Why did you picture it on the stairs anyway?
    Originally posted by Emmaaar22
    She grabbed it off the postie, ripped it open and stuck down on the stairs behind the front door and took a photo
    !!!8213; Billy Joel

• Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 10th Feb 18, 9:03 PM
    • 3,038 Posts
    • 132,697 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    She grabbed it off the postie, ripped it open and stuck down on the stairs behind the front door and took a photo
    Originally posted by mansey
    Exactly!
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

Challenges 2018 - 22/70
    • Emmaaar22
    • By Emmaaar22 11th Feb 18, 12:51 AM
    • 474 Posts
    • 3,579 Thanks
    Emmaaar22
    Rather then the postman's clothes?

Postman always has a extra package or two
    2017 Wins - Coco Pops, 100 Amazon voucher, Elf T-shirt, 250 Zalando Voucher and 250 FeelUnique Voucher, private gig concerts
    2018 Wins - Steep xbox game, 2 tangle teezer, Contagion Book, JC Annual, water sports bottle, 10p, 2 cricket tickets, can of fizz
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 11th Feb 18, 1:47 PM
    • 4,633 Posts
    • 174,970 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    Does anyone else find themselves entering competitions that they wouldn't normally enter because of this challenge? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't enter for something that I wouldn't use, but for example, although I do read books, I normally just buy them in charity shops. I don't normally enter to win them, but since one of the challenge is to win a signed item, I have been doing some comps on Goodreads. Also, I wouldn't normally enter a competition to win an Easter egg, much as I like chocolate. But one of the challenges is to win chocolate, so I hone in on those comps now. Especially if it is to win a bundle of say five bars of chocolate.

• Emmaaar22
    • By Emmaaar22 11th Feb 18, 1:56 PM
    • 474 Posts
    • 3,579 Thanks
    Emmaaar22
    Does anyone else find themselves entering competitions that they wouldn't normally enter because of this challenge? Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't enter for something that I wouldn't use, but for example, although I do read books, I normally just buy them in charity shops. I don't normally enter to win them, but since one of the challenge is to win a signed item, I have been doing some comps on Goodreads. Also, I wouldn't normally enter a competition to win an Easter egg, much as I like chocolate. But one of the challenges is to win chocolate, so I hone in on those comps now. Especially if it is to win a bundle of say five bars of chocolate.
    Originally posted by Marg2k8

Yes, the amount of competitions I have entered to win lingerie for the newt is unbelievable.

I dread when I win one and it turns up and my parents open it
    2017 Wins - Coco Pops, 100 Amazon voucher, Elf T-shirt, 250 Zalando Voucher and 250 FeelUnique Voucher, private gig concerts
    2018 Wins - Steep xbox game, 2 tangle teezer, Contagion Book, JC Annual, water sports bottle, 10p, 2 cricket tickets, can of fizz
    • mansey
    • By mansey 11th Feb 18, 1:59 PM
    • 3,947 Posts
    • 14,567 Thanks
    mansey
    Originally posted by Marg2k8
    Have you ever thought it is the strange people and not the challenge to blame
    !!!8213; Billy Joel

• I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 12th Feb 18, 7:17 AM
    • 1,085 Posts
    • 3,975 Thanks
    I Love comps
    Over the weekend I have won 1 from Topcashback Game. This morning I have won a Joe mug from the Kit Kat promotion.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. "I am a volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • mansey
    • By mansey 12th Feb 18, 9:40 AM
    • 3,947 Posts
    • 14,567 Thanks
    mansey
    Over the weekend I have won 1 from Topcashback Game. This morning I have won a Joe mug from the Kit Kat promotion.
    Originally posted by I Love comps
    Woo hoo another Joe mug

Which one did you choose?
    !!!8213; Billy Joel

• Emmaaar22
    • By Emmaaar22 12th Feb 18, 1:08 PM
    • 474 Posts
    • 3,579 Thanks
    Emmaaar22
    Woo hoo another Joe mug

Have you got a link for the kit kat comp?
    • BenhamsLC
    • By BenhamsLC 12th Feb 18, 1:20 PM
    • 5,812 Posts
    • 19,143 Thanks
    BenhamsLC
    https://www.kitkat.co.uk/joe-the-mug/Public/Register.aspx
    • Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 12th Feb 18, 2:26 PM
    • 3,038 Posts
    • 132,697 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    Looking forward to my set arriving

Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.

Challenges 2018 - 22/70
    • Emmaaar22
    • By Emmaaar22 12th Feb 18, 3:10 PM
    • 474 Posts
    • 3,579 Thanks
    Emmaaar22
    I need a Kit Kat code thing
    • mansey
    • By mansey 12th Feb 18, 3:37 PM
    • 3,947 Posts
    • 14,567 Thanks
    mansey
    I need a Kit Kat code thing
    You need to buy a pack of Kit Kat's with the Joe Mug promotion on the wrapper or the single Chunky's with the promotion.

Ms Dee and myself spent a fortune to get codes

(And entering at stupid o'clock is best too as they are timed moments)
    !!!8213; Billy Joel

• mansey
    • By mansey 12th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    • 3,947 Posts
    • 14,567 Thanks
    mansey
    Looking forward to my set arriving

Originally posted by Ms Dee
    How did you do that?

I got Chatty Joe and Brainy Joe
    !!!8213; Billy Joel

• Emmaaar22
    • By Emmaaar22 12th Feb 18, 3:41 PM
    • 474 Posts
    • 3,579 Thanks
    Emmaaar22
    You need to buy a pack of Kit Kat's with the Joe Mug promotion on the wrapper or the single Chunky's with the promotion.

Ms Dee and myself spent a fortune to get codes

(And entering at stupid o'clock is best too as they are timed moments)

I shall not repeat my response
    • mansey
    • By mansey 12th Feb 18, 3:44 PM
    • 3,947 Posts
    • 14,567 Thanks
    mansey

I shall not repeat my response
    Not sure what you mean, I got my wrappers from Tesco

Some folks might have some codes going spare but I know a few are still trying for Joe's
    !!!8213; Billy Joel

• Emmaaar22
    • By Emmaaar22 12th Feb 18, 3:45 PM
    • 474 Posts
    • 3,579 Thanks
    Emmaaar22
    Just had a email to say i`ve won a sports water bottle

How exciting!
    • Ms Dee
    • By Ms Dee 12th Feb 18, 3:51 PM
    • 3,038 Posts
    • 132,697 Thanks
    Ms Dee
    How did you do that?

I got Chatty Joe and Brainy Joe
    Magic
    They were both PNG Files and I used an app.
    You can do it on Paint.net if you are using Windows operating system.

Your pair:

Challenges 2018 - 22/70
    • mansey
    • By mansey 12th Feb 18, 3:54 PM
    • 3,947 Posts
    • 14,567 Thanks
    mansey
    Magic
    They were both PNG Files and I used an app.
    You can do it on Paint.net if you are using Windows operating system.

Your pair:
    Originally posted by Ms Dee
    That looks exactly like me and Mister
    !!!8213; Billy Joel

• I Love comps
    • By I Love comps 12th Feb 18, 4:42 PM
    • 1,085 Posts
    • 3,975 Thanks
    I Love comps
    Woo hoo another Joe mug

I chose the one with the star eyes and a nice smile .
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping Boards. "I am a volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly.
    Any views are my own and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board Guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

154Posts Today

2,545Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin