Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 6th Dec 17, 3:58 PM
    • 111Posts
    • 30Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback
    • 6th Dec 17, 3:58 PM
    Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback 6th Dec 17 at 3:58 PM
    MSE Update 17 December 2018:

Also see our news story:

Outfox the Market customers vent fury over energy bill hikes

This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Outfox the Market

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 17-12-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Page 47
    • Clarasaves
    • By Clarasaves 9th Apr 19, 6:18 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Clarasaves
    Don't use OTM
    I joined at the end of last year. They put the prices up a few weeks later so I decided to switch. They blocked my move to another company with ridiculous accusations about not paying my bill. After a lot of emails etc they finally agreed I had paid and allowed the transfer about a month later saying it had been a technical issue. Later they sent me a final bill which I paid. Now they are saying I haven't paid this - I've sent a screen shot of my bank statement this morning and I'll see what happens next. The worst utility company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with and I change companies every year.
    • PaschalFun
    • By PaschalFun 9th Apr 19, 12:01 PM
    • 241 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    PaschalFun
    The automatic payments will not be applied retrospectively but the ombudsman may take the view that compensation is due if you put in a complaint.
    Originally posted by Consumerist
    So...
    6 weeks permitted for supplier to raise a final bill
    - If that doesn't happen, customer could raise a complaint
    Supplier allowed another 8 weeks to resolve that compliant
    - If that doesn't happen, customer can excalate the matter to the ombudsman service
    Ombudsman service will probably take another 2-3 months to consider complaint

- so if the customer still hasn't had a final bill 6-7 months after leaving a supplier, the ombudsman service would probably consider this a shortfall in customer service anyway, and would probably award the customer 30 goodwill, payable if the customer accepts this (as part of) the final resolution proposed by them.
    • PaschalFun
    • By PaschalFun 9th Apr 19, 12:02 PM
    • 241 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    PaschalFun
    Don't use OTM
    Perhaps we should all use Bulb Energy instead, eh?
    • itm2
    • By itm2 16th Apr 19, 9:36 AM
    • 775 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    itm2
    I was promised a refund of my 160 balance within 5 working days, after raising a formal complaint with them (I closed my account on January 7th). It's now 6 working days and no refund.
    If you have any sort of issues with cashflow I'd seriously recommend that you avoid this bunch.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 16th Apr 19, 9:54 AM
    • 5,524 Posts
    • 2,450 Thanks
    brewerdave
    If you have any sort of issues with cashflow I'd seriously recommend that you avoid this bunch.
    Originally posted by itm2

Looking thru various threads on this forum - avoid ANY of the small and (most of) the large Utility Cos. if you have cash flow difficulties- OR manage your account with alacrity to prevent a build up of credit
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

399Posts Today

5,377Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin