Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Daisy2017
    • By Daisy2017 5th Dec 17, 10:31 AM
    • 68Posts
    • 9Thanks
    Daisy2017
    Esa f2f this morning should I take pop award ?
    • 5th Dec 17, 10:31 AM
    Esa f2f this morning should I take pop award ? 5th Dec 17 at 10:31 AM
    I have my f2f at 11.30 and am gathering Info to take with me ...

Should I take my pip award notice which states what points were given for what ( as this backs up my esa claim )

Very stressed very worried and really canít think straight .

I have a copy of my esa50
    I have letter from carer
    I have my extra notes
    I have my covering letter
    I have my medical report from doctor for the pii have letter from doctor which was used recently for the council to say about my career staying and that she helps me with meals medication and making sure I donít self harm and that all my needs are met

All of which have been sent in with esa50 bar the recent doc letter about carer .

Sorry itís short notice but with everything going on Iíve only just thought about it

Many thanks
Page 3
    • Daisy2017
    • By Daisy2017 16th Dec 17, 8:08 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Daisy2017
    Doesnít say any of those anywhere on the letter
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 16th Dec 17, 8:13 PM
    • 2,830 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Report arrived this morning .

Basically it lists what I reported at the top then she said ď she presented very poorly , shaking , with bizarre behaviour . She was distressed , spoke very little and very quietly . She had severe difficulty coping at interview .

Then the last paragraph says :

Overall the evidence suggests that severe functional disability due to initiating personal action may be likely

.... this last paragraph confuses me emensly ??

Is this a good report ? I thought it would say in there that wrag or support group would be appropriate but it doesnít ?

Many thanks
    Originally posted by Daisy2017
    Does it say anywhere in the report that you have a LCW (Limited capability for work) which is WRAG or LCWRA (limited capability for work related activity) which is support group. Does it score you any points or does it mention reg 29 WRAG or 35? Support Group. My guess is it could be reg 29 or 35 because of what was reported in the last paragraph. Please have another read of that report.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 16th Dec 17, 8:17 PM
    • 2,830 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    poppy12345
    If you still don't understand it and can take a pic of it you're more than welcome to PM me the pic and i'll have a look at it for you.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 16th Dec 17, 8:47 PM
    • 2,830 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Report arrived this morning .

Basically it lists what I reported at the top then she said !!!8220; she presented very poorly , shaking , with bizarre behaviour . She was distressed , spoke very little and very quietly . She had severe difficulty coping at interview .

Then the last paragraph says :

Overall the evidence suggests that severe functional disability due to initiating personal action may be likely

.... this last paragraph confuses me emensly ??

Is this a good report ? I thought it would say in there that wrag or support group would be appropriate but it doesn!!!8217;t ?

Many thanks
    Right i've just worked it out. This is a LCWRA descriptor, so Support group has been suggested, although "maybe likely was the wording used" Usually they do go with that report, so fingers crossed for you that the decision goes with this. Hopefully not too long to wait. Good luck!!
    Last edited by poppy12345; 16-12-2017 at 8:49 PM.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 16th Dec 17, 8:53 PM
    • 2,830 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Here's the LCWRA (Support Group) descriptors for you. Scroll down to number 11.
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance/esa-glossary/1353-support-group-descriptors
    • Daisy2017
    • By Daisy2017 16th Dec 17, 8:57 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Daisy2017
    Aww thankyou poppy

Fingers crossed . I thought that the assessor suggested an amount of time for award too but there is defiantly no mention of this.

Will it say how long for when I get my decision letter ?

Many thanks
    • Daisy2017
    • By Daisy2017 16th Dec 17, 8:59 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Daisy2017
    Also there was no mention of points either ?

I will try and take a photo and send it to you tomorrow

Many thanks
    • sandra1980123
    • By sandra1980123 16th Dec 17, 9:09 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    sandra1980123
    Support group just like I said that's why the assessor went to speak to her supervisor because she was going to recommend support group.
    Last edited by sandra1980123; 16-12-2017 at 9:12 PM.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 16th Dec 17, 9:36 PM
    • 2,830 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Also there was no mention of points either ?

I will try and take a photo and send it to you tomorrow

Many thanks
    Being placed in the Support Group isn't about scoring points. It's about satisfying at least one of those descriptors. PLease see the link i posted about. The WRAG is about scoring points.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 16th Dec 17, 9:41 PM
    • 2,830 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Sometimes in the ESA report they don't mention a period of time. If it doesn't tell you when you have the decision letter then you can ring DWP and ask them how long it's for.
    • Daisy2017
    • By Daisy2017 3rd Jan 18, 4:05 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Daisy2017
    Decision letter came through and they have put me in the support group .

Rang them to find out review date and itís 7th December 2018 .

Thankyou all for your help xx
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 3rd Jan 18, 4:26 PM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 9,239 Thanks
    minimad1970
    Decision letter came through and they have put me in the support group .

Rang them to find out review date and itís 7th December 2018 .

Thankyou all for your help xx
    My decision letter came today too and I've been moved from the support group to WRAG. I don't think I've got it in me to challenge the decision as I'm not doing well at all at the minute.

I'm pleased for you though Daisy. Whereabouts on the letter does it say how long the award's for? I can't see it anywhere on mine.
    • Daisy2017
    • By Daisy2017 4th Jan 18, 11:39 AM
    • 68 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Daisy2017
    Thatís such a shame you donít feel well enough to contest it , you would still get paid if you did . Iím not very clued up on this whole process but I think if you ask for a mandatory reconsideration they get a different person to look at it ..... but there is always the risk they can take it away all together !!

It didnít say on the letter I had to give them a call .

Xx
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 4th Jan 18, 6:01 PM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 9,239 Thanks
    minimad1970
    Thatís such a shame you donít feel well enough to contest it , you would still get paid if you did . Iím not very clued up on this whole process but I think if you ask for a mandatory reconsideration they get a different person to look at it ..... but there is always the risk they can take it away all together !!

It didnít say on the letter I had to give them a call .

Xx
    Thanks Daisy. That's the problem, the fact I could lose any award. I've already received a letter about a meeting I have to go to next week, so at the moment that's all I can think about. I think I'm shocked by the decision as I feel much worse now than I did 2 years ago at my first assessment. So I obviously didn't do a good enough job of explaining how things are. I'm now thinking of a lot of things that I wasn't asked about this time.
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 4th Jan 18, 8:00 PM
    • 2,830 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Thanks Daisy. That's the problem, the fact I could lose any award. I've already received a letter about a meeting I have to go to next week, so at the moment that's all I can think about. I think I'm shocked by the decision as I feel much worse now than I did 2 years ago at my first assessment. So I obviously didn't do a good enough job of explaining how things are. I'm now thinking of a lot of things that I wasn't asked about this time.
    Originally posted by minimad1970
    If you're not happy with the decision then you have 1 month from that date to ask for the MR. Yes you do risk losing it, but it can also either stay the same or be increased. Mostly with the MR deision's stay the same.

With Tribunal, if you appear in person then there's 65% chance a decision will go in your favour. Much less if you don't appear.

Do you know the reason you were placed in the Support Group before? It will help to know this because Support Group criteria isn't about scoring points. It's about satisfying at least one of the Supoort Group criteria, or reg 35. See here..
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/employment-and-support-allowance/esa-glossary/1353-support-group-descriptors

If you decide that you want to go ahead and ask for the MR then you should look at those descriptors and decide which one applies to you and based your MR and Tribunal (if need be) on that.

Time frames from ESA decisions are always on the decision letters. Ring DWP and ask how long till your review.
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 5th Jan 18, 12:24 AM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 9,239 Thanks
    minimad1970
    Thanks for your reply poppy. I didn't request a copy of the assessment report last time so I don't know the reasons for being placed in the support group. Reading that link though I think it would be either 12 or 13. Do you think if I ring they would send me copies of both assessments?
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 5th Jan 18, 8:58 AM
    • 2,830 Posts
    • 2,789 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Thanks for your reply poppy. I didn't request a copy of the assessment report last time so I don't know the reasons for being placed in the support group. Reading that link though I think it would be either 12 or 13. Do you think if I ring they would send me copies of both assessments?
    Yes ring them and ask them to send you them.
    • minimad1970
    • By minimad1970 15th Jan 18, 4:42 PM
    • 4,439 Posts
    • 9,239 Thanks
    minimad1970
    Yes ring them and ask them to send you them.
    Originally posted by poppy12345
    I've contacted them about appealing the decision and they've sent me both copies. One of the first lines in the current report says that I attended the interview with a friend who drove me there, who then waited in the waiting room and that it took 20 minutes to get there. I actually told her that I drove myself there, I'm a really bad passenger and I can't cope with public transport as I need to be in control if I need to get away quickly. I attended alone and the journey took 10 minutes. It's pretty much more of the same for the rest of the report. There's at least 10 other inaccuracies/lies!

One of my main thoughts after the assessment wast that she hadn't asked me anything about suicidal thoughts/actions but has reported that I no longer feel this way and haven't for about a year!

Some of the report is so accurate that it feels like she's mixed 2 different people together when making the final report. I now have an appointment with a local disability adviser to help me with the appeal.
    • sandra1980123
    • By sandra1980123 16th Jan 18, 8:51 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    sandra1980123
    Well done Daisy
    • sandra1980123
    • By sandra1980123 16th Jan 18, 8:59 PM
    • 30 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    sandra1980123
    I've contacted them about appealing the decision and they've sent me both copies. One of the first lines in the current report says that I attended the interview with a friend who drove me there, who then waited in the waiting room and that it took 20 minutes to get there. I actually told her that I drove myself there, I'm a really bad passenger and I can't cope with public transport as I need to be in control if I need to get away quickly. I attended alone and the journey took 10 minutes. It's pretty much more of the same for the rest of the report. There's at least 10 other inaccuracies/lies!

One of my main thoughts after the assessment wast that she hadn't asked me anything about suicidal thoughts/actions but has reported that I no longer feel this way and haven't for about a year!

Some of the report is so accurate that it feels like she's mixed 2 different people together when making the final report. I now have an appointment with a local disability adviser to help me with the appeal.
    A lot of the reports are like that they don't even type them up half the time they just copy and paste the same phrases onto them that's why a lot of them are so similar.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

66Posts Today

1,999Users online

Martin's Twitter