Time to turn this around

Options

Comments

• FiscalPickle
    Options
    A very busy few days, I’m now done with work until Wednesday. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were NSDs, v happy with that. Today I had my hair done, went without a proper blow dry saving a tenner. I had my lashes tinted as well for £9, I’ve tried the stuff you buy in Boots but it’s totally rubbish. It leaves my eyelashes as see through and blonde as if I hadn’t bothered, only the salon strength formulas seem to take.

Got my works Christmas do tomorrow, that was paid for in October so just need a little spending money for the bar. I need to be careful, I’m a total lightweight and I’ve only worked there a few months. In my last job I had too much wine at an office party when I was still new, I stood up to leave and fell sideways into a cupboard! The shame :rotfl::beer:
    £20k debt paid off, now saving for mortgage deposit
    In the process of shedding 42lbs
  • FiscalPickle
    Options
    Well, back to normal after a quiet and uneventful Christmas. I spent the day laid up with bronchitis and am only just starting to feel remotely human now. I find myself questioning the amount spent on the whole circus, with 4 weeks until payday and a very tight budget until then.

However, the good news is that I've chipped £676.71 off the debt total since I last totted it up, it now stands at

£20,549.76

This means that this time next month I'll have broken underneath the £20k barrier, which is motivating and will keep me on the straight and narrow for the rest of this month. I also have a £75 DD due off the MBNA debt before payday.

My hair growing has begun in earnest, however I picked a bad week to try the inversion method as I had a trim on the Thursday. There was no discernible change in length, however I have noticed new baby hairs around my hairline so I think it may have had a thickening effect. I don't have a hairdresser appointment until the end of February now, to give the length a bit of a chance to grow. I'm also going to attempt to grow the colour out, I hope this won't drive me too mad.

I also now have an emergency fund, it only has £50 in it but that is a start. I actually feel quite vulnerable with it being so small, I look forward to it growing into a more comfortable cushion. I think once I'm debt free the aim will be to have 2 months salary in there, I'd like to build it up to 1 months salary whilst I'm climbing Debt Mountain. :T
  • FiscalPickle
    Options
    Today was supposed to be a NSD, but I had to get tissues and more cold relief tablets on my way to work - total spend £2.98. This cold seems to be lingering, but at least my chest isn't sore any more. Hopefully I will have stopped oozing mucus in time to celebrate NYE, which in true MSE fashion will be at a house party bringing alcohol and soft drinks that are already at home. Fingers crossed!
  • FiscalPickle
    Options
    Well this virus is the Christmas gift that keeps giving! I’m expelling more mucus than I knew a body could hold. Having a soak in a hot bath to help encourage this thing to kindly bog off.

Signed up for TopCashBack, it’ll be interesting to see how much I can net from that over 2018.
  • FiscalPickle
    Options
    Happy 2018 fellow debtbusters, I can now say I will be debt free next year, yippee! :j

Looking forward to a frugal, sensible and fiscally responsible year of chipping away at Debt Mountain. The 100 Day No Alcohol Challenge begins now, 11 April feels like a very long way off!
  • FiscalPickle
    Options
    As far as spending planned for today goes it is a food shop for 10 days, I need to go to the supermarket and the butcher. I'll be happy if that is under £80, as that includes a lot of food to batch cook and do lunch prep for work.

We need a mug or glass or similar to store our toothbrushes in, I'm thinking either charity shop or TK Maxx. I also wanted to go to the library but they are closed today, instead once the weather has cleared I'll put some steps on my Christmas FitBit, very happy with that as it will motivate me to get up and move more.

Other plans for today are:-

1. Contact lens check at optician - already paid for through lens scheme
    2. De-clutter and de-Christmas house
    3. Washing - the towels are in already
    4. Iron work clothes ready for the week ahead, probably for next week as well
    5. Food & lunch prep
    6. Book check up and boosters for Cat3 at vet - for after January payday!
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Glad you had a good Xmas and hope you are feeling better. We have been so lucky over the festive season, I go back to work tomorrow and seem to have finally succumbed to this virus! I am self employed and after a week off I HAVE to work!

Re the tooth mug, I got ours in asda £1.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • FiscalPickle
    Options
    Glad you had a good Xmas and hope you are feeling better. We have been so lucky over the festive season, I go back to work tomorrow and seem to have finally succumbed to this virus! I am self employed and after a week off I HAVE to work!

Re the tooth mug, I got ours in asda £1.

Sorry to hear you’ve caught the virus, fingers crossed it bogs off soon!
  • FiscalPickle
    Options
    First working day of the year and a NSD, I think that I can make this the norm for most working days providing I remember to bring lunch and a snack. I've also been for a walk over lunch and put some steps on the FitBit, this one buzzes when I've been sitting for a while as a reminder to move. I think this will help me as I can get engrossed in what I'm doing and stiffen up from sitting for too long.

661 days to go until debt freedom next year, in April the joint loan will be paid and in October I will get a decent pay rise so this time next year Rodney, we may not be millionaires but financially things will be a little easier and there will be light at the end of the tunnel. All CC debt is due to be gone by 26/01/19, however I might be able to squeeze that forward a month by carrying on eBaying. I've got my eye on a few bits around the house to put up for auction this weekend, I love decluttering and debt busting at the same time :A
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't have the patience for eBay. Shame really as I have used it in the past and made a bit from it. Good luck!
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure