Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mr_accountant
    • By mr_accountant 4th Dec 17, 10:40 AM
    • 642Posts
    • 162Thanks
    mr_accountant
    Toto energy massive price increase
    • 4th Dec 17, 10:40 AM
    Toto energy massive price increase 4th Dec 17 at 10:40 AM
    MoneySavingExpert.com Update 13 December 17:

Thank you for your posts everyone. We've updated our news story:

Back to mr_accountant's original post...

----

received email this morning regarding Toto Energy price increase, for me from £954 to £1170, thats £216 increase. im already moving as the customer services is pants (thats being very kind). for everyone else check your prices
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 13-12-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Page 6
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 10th Feb 18, 8:44 AM
    • 5,585 Posts
    • 3,425 Thanks
    Hengus
    I switched from TOTO to SSE on 28-Dec-2017.
    I cancelled my direct debits to TOTO. (fear of them continuing to take money).
    I've not had a final bill from TOTO and I am £103 in credit with them.
    It's been over 6 weeks now.
    I gave TOTO the final meter readings (SSE too).
    SSE are correctly taking £81 per month via DD.

Any ideas on what I should do now to recover my credit from TOTO?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Theta101
    IIf you applied to switch on the 28 December, then the actual transfer of supply can take anything from 17 to 35 days (35 days is the maximum allowed under the terms of a Supply Licence). Once your transfer of supply has gone through, the meter readings that you provided to the gaining supplier are passed to an industry partner for verification. This can take 5 to 10 days. The losing supplier cannot raise a Final Bill until it has received verified meter readings. Under EU Law and Supply Licence Conditions, the losing supplier has 6 weeks from the date of the actual transfer (not the application to switch) to raise a Final Bill. Your credit refund will then follow.

PS Cancelling your DD Mandate can give some suppliers a problem as this is the mechanism that they use to refund your credit.
    Last edited by Hengus; 10-02-2018 at 8:46 AM.
    • h1ubs
    • By h1ubs 10th Feb 18, 10:15 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    h1ubs

PS Cancelling your DD Mandate can give some suppliers a problem as this is the mechanism that they use to refund your credit.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    I switched away from TOTO on 12th Jan and was tempted to cancel the DD Mandate but didn't because I knew I was in credit and didn't want to jeopardise a refund. Of course now I wish I had, because sure enough TOTO took their usual £88 on 29th Jan. They now owe me well over £100. They have not responded to my emails and despite getting some communication with assurances via live chat, still no final bill or refund. In fact I've never had a bill since joining them in April. The only reason I know I'm in credit is by doing the maths myself.

They are absolutely the worst company I've ever had the misfortune to have dealings with!
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 10th Feb 18, 11:50 AM
    • 5,585 Posts
    • 3,425 Thanks
    Hengus
    I switched away from TOTO on 12th Jan and was tempted to cancel the DD Mandate but didn't because I knew I was in credit and didn't want to jeopardise a refund. Of course now I wish I had, because sure enough TOTO took their usual £88 on 29th Jan. They now owe me well over £100. They have not responded to my emails and despite getting some communication with assurances via live chat, still no final bill or refund. In fact I've never had a bill since joining them in April. The only reason I know I'm in credit is by doing the maths myself.

They are absolutely the worst company I've ever had the misfortune to have dealings with!
    Originally posted by h1ubs
    Give them up until the 6 week deadline and then raise a written complaint. Some suppliers will respond by saying that they have not been given verified closing meter readings. If your new online account has been set up, then the meter readings have been verified. Contact your gaining supplier and ask them to send them again.
    • Cornish Dave
    • By Cornish Dave 10th Feb 18, 1:38 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Cornish Dave
    Not cancelling your direct debit can also cause you problems with Toto! The day after my contract had finished they debited in excess of £121 well in excess of my monthly payment. On the same date in January a month after I had left the took another £121! I spoke to my bank who took both debits back. After lots of e mails Toto say I am owed just over £26 a figure I agree with. They have promised they will action this - we shall see!!
    • Theta101
    • By Theta101 10th Feb 18, 2:21 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Theta101
    IIf you applied to switch on the 28 December, then the actual transfer of supply can take anything from 17 to 35 days (35 days is the maximum allowed under the terms of a Supply Licence).
    Sorry I didn't make it clear. I applied to switch to SSE on 6-Dec-2017 via MoneySuperMarket.
    SSE informed me the switch was completed on 28-Dec-2017.
    TOTO have NEVER given me ANY bill.

I will contact my Bank and try to get the last DD refunded.

Just as I thought would happen to me.

All this fuss has certainly put me off switching to one of the smaller energy suppliers, just not worth the effort.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 10th Feb 18, 3:55 PM
    • 5,585 Posts
    • 3,425 Thanks
    Hengus

All this fuss has certainly put me off switching to one of the smaller energy suppliers, just not worth the effort.
    Originally posted by Theta101
    In my opinion, you are making a very big mistake if you believe that small suppliers are bad and big suppliers good. There are some very good small to medium suppliers: for example, I would rate Zog; Bulb; Octopus and Powershop as suppliers whose billing systems and customer service are amongst the best in the sector. Equally, I can think of Big 6 suppliers that have led me a merry dance.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 10th Feb 18, 4:49 PM
    • 735 Posts
    • 1,841 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    In my opinion, you are making a very big mistake if you believe that small suppliers are bad and big suppliers good. There are some very good small to medium suppliers: for example, I would rate Zog; Bulb; Octopus and Powershop as suppliers whose billing systems and customer service are amongst the best in the sector. Equally, I can think of Big 6 suppliers that have led me a merry dance.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    I would agree with that. Zog customer service is first class and Octopus appear to be to the same standard; even Which has them top rated for customer service.

Most of the Big 6 that I have been with in the past tend to take your custom for granted and don't always offer the best deal to loyal customers.
    • h1ubs
    • By h1ubs 16th Feb 18, 10:23 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    h1ubs
    It seems that TOTO are incapable of doing 'joined-up' communication. I have emailed several times and had automated replies promising a response within 24 hrs .. nothing. I've made a complaint .. automated reply but no response. I've communicated via Live Chat and promised a personal response .. no response. I've complained via Social media and had a personal reply from Jack.Cooke promising action but still no follow-up communication. When I complained to my bank about the latest Direct Debit being taken and had it refunded, Toto email me to ask for me to call or "Live Chat' to try and sort things out. FFS !! Look at my emails, my live chats .. look at my complaints .. give me a bill and refund what you owe me.
    • Theta101
    • By Theta101 17th Feb 18, 12:17 AM
    • 133 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Theta101
    Maybe try sending a mail via LinkedIn?
    I did it awhile back to the Head of Mobile Commerce at PayPal UK.
    I got an instant reply.
    • jackywacky
    • By jackywacky 17th Feb 18, 4:20 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    jackywacky
    Not cancelling your direct debit can also cause you problems with Toto! The day after my contract had finished they debited in excess of £121 well in excess of my monthly payment. On the same date in January a month after I had left the took another £121! I spoke to my bank who took both debits back. After lots of e mails Toto say I am owed just over £26 a figure I agree with. They have promised they will action this - we shall see!!
    Originally posted by Cornish Dave

Agreed I left my DD open with TOTO to make a refund easier but they took a further two payments. I've cancelled the DD and now waiting for the two payments, money owed and a refund of the £20 switching charge they shouldn't of made totalling £320.
    Now with the DD cancelled I predict it will make the refund difficult, we'll see when I remind them next week when the refund is overdue.
    • jackywacky
    • By jackywacky 2nd Mar 18, 11:12 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    jackywacky
    Got an email from TOTO yesterday.
    WHAT A JOKE!

We’re sorry and want you back!

Hello

Firstly, we wanted to start with an apology. We know how much time and effort goes into choosing your energy supplier. When you chose us it meant so much and we really wanted to get everything right for you. We’re sincerely sorry.

When we wrote to you detailing our proposed price changes we made a mistake. In the end we listened to our customers and didn’t increase our prices. We honoured all our agreements, but you’re one of the customers who left us before we took back our decision.

We’re a young company, and we’re growing fast, we deeply regret any mistake we make but we’re learning all the time and one thing we do is go back and correct the mistakes we made where we can.

We want you back!

Come back to us and we’ll put you on your original, market leading tariff until the end of your agreed contract AND add the time you were away to the end date! We’ll even credit your account with the cost of any exit fees your new supplier charges.

We hope you reconsider. If you have any questions we’d be delighted to hear from you. You can sign-up online or call 0333 210 7070, Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and on Saturday between 9am and 5pm. You can also contact us via Livechat at totoenergy.com and a member of the team will be happy to help.

If now isn’t the right time, we hope you consider us again one day and wish you all the best.
    Tom Nicholas
    Operations Director
    • Theta101
    • By Theta101 2nd Mar 18, 2:37 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Theta101
    Got an email from TOTO yesterday.
    WHAT A JOKE!

We!!!8217;re sorry and want you back!
    Agreed they are a joke.

I'v switched away from them and waiting for my credit of £116 to be refunded.
    • andja
    • By andja 27th Mar 18, 2:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    andja
    Toto still haven't repaid after 3 months
    Hi
    I sincerely hope you have got your refund from Toto. They owe me over £463 since 29 December 2017 and still haven't repaid as at 27th March, despite several phone calls, emails, complaints etc. They keep telling me they have arranged the repayment but it never shows up in my bank and I haven't had a letter or cheque refund. It is so frustrating. I can wait for hours on the phone to speak to someone, and then they pass me back to head office to wait for more hours, and then they tell me they have sorted, but the money never appears! Wish I'd never changed to them. I was only with Toto for 3 months as they put a large price hike in as soon as I'd got switched, so I changed to Pure Planet. Hope they don't prove as bad!
    • Theta101
    • By Theta101 27th Mar 18, 6:34 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Theta101
    Still Waiting
    Hi
    I sincerely hope you have got your refund from Toto. They owe me over £463 since 29 December 2017 and still haven't repaid as at 27th March, despite several phone calls, emails, complaints etc. They keep telling me they have arranged the repayment but it never shows up in my bank and I haven't had a letter or cheque refund. It is so frustrating. I can wait for hours on the phone to speak to someone, and then they pass me back to head office to wait for more hours, and then they tell me they have sorted, but the money never appears! Wish I'd never changed to them. I was only with Toto for 3 months as they put a large price hike in as soon as I'd got switched, so I changed to Pure Planet. Hope they don't prove as bad!
    Originally posted by andja
    I have not received any refund yet.

Have now escalated to https://www.resolver.co.uk/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,780Posts Today

8,242Users online

Martin's Twitter