Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 4th Dec 17, 9:37 AM
    • 426Posts
    • 1,442Thanks
    Drawingaline
    Drawing a line under the debt. Take two.
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:37 AM
    Drawing a line under the debt. Take two. 4th Dec 17 at 9:37 AM
    So, I can't believe that I haven't updated my diary since the end of march. So much has happened in that time I feel a fresh new one is better. Here is the link to my previous one.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5585379

So what has happened. Well my husband FINALLY got a job! He was made redundant in April 2016 and started a new role in June 2017. In that time I was holding down two part time jobs so that we could pay the mortgage and bills and in that time I also made a bit of a dent in the debt we owed. The role he got was originally a six month contract through an agency so we were obviously concerned for the future, but within a month he was invited to apply for a full time position and got it. So since the end of September he has been back in a permanent role, and we have no concern that he won't pass his probationary period which is up just after Xmas. The job is also with a very good company, and he gets a discount card for two shops so that is great too. The only downside is that he has to take two trains to get there which is about 300 a month and he is only on what he was on in his previous job, but due to our finances being in much better shape now it is doable.

I started YNAB in Oct 16 and have used it very carefully for the past year. I adore it and plan to keep it forever

So what has been happening to the debt. Last time I was here I had cleared our big loan due to wanting to avoid having too much in savings because of a massive mistake by the job centre with my husband's JSA claim. He signed off the week after the interview we had with them and I was planning to xfer the child benefit to his name for his NI to be paid but then he landed the job. We have heard nothing from them at all. I still think they may try to claw back the money that we received that we shouldn't have and of course if that happens we will dispute it as we didn't lie or omit anything, it was a massive error in their part, but we will pay money back if we have to. But nothing, not a word at all

I had managed to get the debt down from 22k to 17k with aggressive debt payments but in may I received a decent sized inheritance from a family member. Enough to buy a new (to us) car (mine finally died in early September at 17yrs old) clear 10k of debt and do some of the much needed home improvements. The reason I didn't clear all the debts was that we would have been left with nothing at all for the home improvements (and I was bored of having half a kitchen and no bath) and our back fence fell down in July so we have had a lovely new back fence out up, and am getting the back garden landscaped, had a new bathroom put in, finished the kitchen (apart from tiling, need to save for this) plastered the rest of the house, and had some new carpets out in. The relative that left the money was huge on owning your own property and I felt I needed to use some of the money to add value to the house. There is still stuff to do and I am saving for that now.

So our debt stands at about 8k total. One loan and one interest free credit card. My go going forward is to not add to that and clear the credit card within the time limit.

This coming year we are planning two big holidays so everything spare is going towards that, I need 3500 by the end of march, I have 1000 towards that already but debt busting will be taking a bit of a backseat while I get all this money together.

Personally, I have quit one of my jobs. Once we knew my husband was employed full time by the company we looked at the finances and due to some quite serious issues our smallest child is having ongoing at school, we decided it was important that I was home more in the evening. Also the company that took us over a year ago are a shocking company to work for so the decision was an easy one to make and I quit my evening job. I miss it so much, it was a job I adored and I loved most of the people I worked with. But it was right for us as a family. So now I am self employed school hours, mon-fri, which is hard work. I get no time to myself and feel I am constantly playing catch up at home, but it needed to be done. The smallest boy did improve quite a bit after I finished work, but this past week has had a huge backslide again

Anyway enough about me now, I am off to catch up on the diaries I used to follow to see what everyone has been up to. So pleased to be back
Page 5
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 18th Mar 18, 1:10 PM
    • 426 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    I have had ynab since October 2016. My husband was unemployed for 13months. So where we were using his pay for mortgage and bill I had to switch to my main lay for mortgage (including moving the payment date) and the tax credits to bills. Obviously we got a fair chunk of tax credits due to the loss of 32k in income, and because it'll came to me (hubby used to be awful at frittering money away) I could allocate it nicely. We qualify for all 4 children and one is on middle rate DLA so we get an extra chunk (always found that odd seeing as DLA is specifically for them?) Anyway because it is paid four weekly we had 13 payments so got ahead! Otherwise it would never have happened tbh.
    • Mumoffourkids
    • By Mumoffourkids 18th Mar 18, 1:36 PM
    • 618 Posts
    • 2,969 Thanks
    Mumoffourkids
    Ahh I understand. Think I might try and get ahead with my bills once my pay date has changed! They are moving it from the middle of the month to the beginning of the month, so over the next few months I can start getting ahead with the bills at least, but won't be able to get ahead for the rent and nursery fees! I get tax credits weekly so at the moment they cover weekly DD's, savings to specific pots and weekly expenses such as food, petrol and general spending. Then my wages and the housing benefit and maintenance cover the rent and nursery fees. But when my pay date changes, I will change this so my pay covers the monthly Direct debits and part of the nursery fees.
    Total debt Dec 2017 23090.83
    Ma7 2018 4621.78 79.98% paid
    Emergency fund 100/600
    Total Savings 1258.62
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 22nd Mar 18, 3:58 PM
    • 426 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    This month seems to have gone on forever! I am waiting for hubby to be paid (possibly tomorrow, or Monday) then I can update bills for may, pay some back to holiday fund, pay Legoland off the credit card, put 200 towards France and have a bit for the Easter holidays. When I get paid in April I am hoping to get the debt under 10k, so will need to find 460. It shouldn't be a problem but depends on the tax credits payment on the 6th.

Lots of planning, just waiting so I have the funds for the doing
    • FiscalPickle
    • By FiscalPickle 23rd Mar 18, 2:04 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 266 Thanks
    FiscalPickle
    This month seems to have gone on forever! I am waiting for hubby to be paid (possibly tomorrow, or Monday) then I can update bills for may, pay some back to holiday fund, pay Legoland off the credit card, put 200 towards France and have a bit for the Easter holidays. When I get paid in April I am hoping to get the debt under 10k, so will need to find 460. It shouldn't be a problem but depends on the tax credits payment on the 6th.

Lots of planning, just waiting so I have the funds for the doing
    Originally posted by Drawingaline
    Agree, even though payday was 4 weeks ago today March feels like it's gone on forever. Looking forward to Easter and warmer weather
    DFD - 26/10/19
    In the process of shedding 20k and 35lbs
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 28th Mar 18, 9:23 PM
    • 426 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    Been so slack at updating, I did a long post on Monday and the site crashed before I posted and I lost it

Anyway hubby got paid, all of may bills and expenses are set up in YNAB, paid for the smallest boys drama class and signed the boy up to a fitness class for 33 a month. He is loving it and he really needs it, he has scaled back on all kinds of physical activity since starting secondary school. Also paid the 100 I spent on the credit card for the Legoland day (still a massive deal for six of us to go for that price )

I get paid around the 11th and am hoping to be able to clear 460 off the loan to take it under 10k (just) but I still haven't ordered the stuff for the conservatory from IKEA.

Going forward I need to pay out for a trip to Scotland in august. I MAY camp, but I can rent a caravan for 450 and am tempted as it will be me and the four kids. It's one of the inner Hebridean islands, I have a friend who lives there and it is stunning. Hubby threw a spanner in my planning though by saying he might come, but wouldn't want to stay in the island for five nights. But he won't camp so it would end up being more of a touring holiday so I think I might suggest doing that at the end of August. He wants to head up to Liverpool/Manchester and stay in premier inns for a few days and travel around. He lived up there until we got married and we actually met in Liverpool and would be a nice thing to do with the kids. I am in touch with a few people from that time on Facebook and we haven't seen them for over a decade, would be lovely to catch up etc, will have to do some pricing you think.

Also I need to find funds to pay the gardener. He is doing the front fence (a much cheaper version than the back one he did last year!) And level the back garden and turf etc. So debt busting after this month may be postponedunt after the summer I think.

I have 600 for our french trip, going to put 400 into euros next week and keep the rest back to see if we end up spending on the credit card for anything. We got out ehic cards back this week so just need to look into travel insurance for us and we are all ready to go, the kids are super excited.

The big trip we were planning may not come off. The people we were planning on going with have gone a bit quiet on it, and with the smallest struggles with school I am worried about leaving him with my mil who would have to try and get him to school. Last time we went it was in the holidays and leaving him was no issues, but this time we would avoid the holidays due to cost. Anyway I have 3k sitting aside or this so would have to decide whether to pay this back into the loan or not. Will leave it for the time being and decide after the summer I think.

This month I have about 20 left for food until the 10th, council tax bill came in and budget regigged for that and other bills that have gone up (gas and electric, water and sky) I will look at them all over the coming month I think. I will be filing my tax return after the Easter break, but at a glance I will probably have to pay around 850 tax/ni and I have 500 put aside next year I should come under the threshold, it's just that I had the employed job alongside the self employed one this year that's put me over.

Worldwide I have cut my Wednesday hours so finish at 12 every Wednesday so have an afternoon free. I have a new client every Thursday starting after Easter and a family member wants me to clean their house on a Friday and will pay me so that's a help. I am only taking a day off at Easter outside the bank holidays as I lost too much in march with bad weather and clients all getting new bathrooms out in and cancelling, seriously it must be the time of year for new bathrooms, it's been crazy

Anyway nothing else to report really, hopefully I will be more proactive at signing in and updating over Easter.
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 28th Mar 18, 9:26 PM
    • 426 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    And more proactive at reading before posting to correct all the mistakes
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 28th Mar 18, 9:34 PM
    • 1,334 Posts
    • 6,202 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    I've just booked a load of travel splodges for a work trip in April,

Their 'Easter sale' was 10 off 1 night 20 off two nights.

I needed 4 nights in 3 different hotels so booked as 3 separate transactions saving 40 in total (work does pay, but I've had to pay it out to start with, so wanted to get a good deal for me too) there's also about 9/10 pending on a cashback site too. (If I'd had my rewards cc back then I would have been laughing!)

Worth a look for summer deals.
    The 100 payment countdown (each payment = 400) 2018 Starts at 13/100 o/s 34,750.
    Jan 18 14/100 Feb 15/100 March 18/100 April 19/100
    Term Mortgage free date: October 2029 Current mortgage free date: April 2025 March 2024 Jan 2024
    MFW 2018 Challenge Member #162 1600ish/2,500
    • Mumoffourkids
    • By Mumoffourkids 29th Mar 18, 6:22 AM
    • 618 Posts
    • 2,969 Thanks
    Mumoffourkids
    I have been really bad at updating and also posting on other people's diaries as well. I blame it on being really busy in real life. One more day to get through and then it's the weekend! That's good news on the new clients, but not so good on the tax bill.

It seems like you have a lot of plans/things going on at the moment. Hopefully the money will all work itself out.

And that is an amazing deal for Legoland for the six of you! I am very jealous!
    Total debt Dec 2017 23090.83
    Ma7 2018 4621.78 79.98% paid
    Emergency fund 100/600
    Total Savings 1258.62
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 30th Mar 18, 4:39 PM
    • 426 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    The Legoland was such a deal I didn't mind putting it on the credit card. They did one for Alton towers but it was back at the beginning of march, too cold

I always feel like I have no time, but in all honesty I am just awful at sitting down and getting sucked into endless scrolling through nothing. Trying to be a bit more mindful with my time at home, but it has been a struggle.

I have Tuesday off and really want to do something fun with the kids. Mil sent some money for Easter, I got some small eggs for a hunt (we will give them an egg, as will my mum, I thought another big egg was ridiculous tbh!) So I am thinking about going to London for the day. If we get there early enough we can probably get to the NHM as it opens (otherwise it is ridiculous) then hummingbird bakery in south Kensington for cake (always visit one if I am in London) then Trafalgar Square to the national gallery (one of my favourite places EVER) m&m shop/Lego shop for a look round, a cheap lunch, maybe green park to a play area etc. I would love to take them on the London eye (me and the girl went for her 12th birthday, and to see Wicked) but the train will be 45 for travel cards for us so think it will need to be free stuff this time. I just don't want to waste a rare day off, especially as I will probably only take one day in may half term so I can take half the summer holidays instead. No doubt it will rain.......
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 30th Mar 18, 4:41 PM
    • 426 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    Or we could go to my second favourite place Oxford.......or Salisbury (well maybe not atm!) Or Winchester, or Southampton......we are so lucky to live where we do!

The girl is still asking to go to Brighton so may do that next Sunday if the weather is ok. By that I mean not actually raining.....
    • wishingthemortgaheaway
    • By wishingthemortgaheaway 30th Mar 18, 7:02 PM
    • 1,334 Posts
    • 6,202 Thanks
    wishingthemortgaheaway
    Lots of places in London do 2for1 tickets if you travel by train.
    We used them for the London transport museum, maybe something you want to do is on this scheme.
    The 100 payment countdown (each payment = 400) 2018 Starts at 13/100 o/s 34,750.
    Jan 18 14/100 Feb 15/100 March 18/100 April 19/100
    Term Mortgage free date: October 2029 Current mortgage free date: April 2025 March 2024 Jan 2024
    MFW 2018 Challenge Member #162 1600ish/2,500
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 1st Apr 18, 7:14 AM
    • 426 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately there would still be 5/6 of us so still expensive. And then trying to find something that the 14yr old and 5yr old will both like can be a struggle. I have used the 2for1 tickets before though, when it's just me and one child! I love the science museum, but in the holidays you HAVE to get there for when it opens or it is rammed, and with the smallests sensory issues this can be an issue. We went to London last summer and went to hamleys. It was stupidly hot inside and they were upselling at the till and it was so crowded, he went into full on meltdown and it broke him! Wont be going there again lol.

I still haven't decided wether or not to do it, think hubby will be jealous, but the weather tomorrow looks rubbish, Tuesday looks a bit better.

Today I am off to the early morning (outside) church service (my favourite of the year), then will take the kids to the 10am family service. I was planning a roast for tea, but have discovered that I have no bloody eggs for Yorkshire's, that will not go down well. So will see if I can nab some off my mum, or my friend. I may finally finish cleaning out the conservatory and measure up to order the blinds, so it's all ready and I can go and get the paint for it tomorrow and paint the wall. Then I just need to hang blinds, order the stuff from IKEA and sort the flooring. I need another heater for it too. But it will be nice to actually have another room we can use rather than it being a dumping ground for everything.

Anyway best get going or church will start without me!
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 8th Apr 18, 11:54 AM
    • 426 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    Wow a whole week has gone by, so much for more regular posting!

So on Tuesday it of course rained heavily the whole day. Didn't fancy trekking around outside so we went bowling (nice and early, 9.30am lol!) To the local (free) museum and then to the trampoline park. I covered the cost of bowling and bouncing from money in the account, pinching from a couple of categories but all ok. Unfortunately we went out for lunch so 46 went onto the credit card. I feel bad, but we so rarely eat out and I just wanted to enjoy the ONE day off I have this holiday.

I went and got two new tyres for the car (one was probably illegal ) but that was all budgeted for, just been trying to fit in getting up there.

Workwise so many clients are cancelling atm. It is quite frustrating, luckily my boss has been able to give me alternative jobs because another member of staff is on holiday. And she rang me for a last minute job on Saturday morning, frustrating but worth it as I got 30 which I used to pay my daughter what I owe her.

So money wise everything is up to date. Did my Lidl shop last night (food money comes on Tuesday) and my big online shop is due tomorrow afternoon. I hopefully have two extra jobs next week before getting back to normal.

I may take the big two to the cinemas at some point this week, hubby isn't interested in the film, so he can stay at home we get cheap tickets through his work so it works out about half price. In fact I may just go and check out the rest of his discounts as they update them periodically......
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 9th Apr 18, 7:29 PM
    • 426 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    So back to work today. Hubby is off this week so stayed in with the little two but I took the big two with me so they could earn some extra pennies. Then shopping was delivered, and after I met up with my boss for an extra job. Another two hours for my April timesheet

I have an extra job tomorrow, but this is just covering the one that has cancelled, and an extra one on Thursday.

I also contacted the owner of the airbnb that we have booked to double check our check in time and to clarify if we are being met or if there is a key safe. It's finally feeling more real that we go to Paris in three weeks still can't believe I actually did it and persuaded hubby to do it!

I am still dithering over the Scotland trip. I think I am going to go ahead and book a caravan if there are any free when I get paid. (100 deposit would be due) I just think camping can be so hit and miss and due to the distance may not be worth it. If we rent a caravan we can leave on the earliest ferry (as long as the campsite owners are happy for us to leave the key somewhere, or with our friends who live opposite the site) which will really help the journey home. If we camp there is no way we can get a ferry before 9 really and even then we would probably be packing a wet tent. Anyway am going to wait for payday and then check availability and take it from there. Am going to see if we can do a mini north west tour later in the summer holidays, need to have a chat about it later this week.
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 10th Apr 18, 7:30 PM
    • 426 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    So early start this morning, took the boy and the girl to the first job, luckily I ahve already paid them so no money to find, the girl has one more job with me on Thursday then that's it, probably until the summer holidays. I think went to my lovely client, she makes me coffee and has a nice chat and is just so nice to me (not all of them are!) Then on to cover one of the girls on holiday. I am going to have to speak to the boss as the place was a total state! Not sure if it is a weekly or fortnightly clean, but if someone went in last week then they certainly hadn't done a very good job so will be leaving some feedback I think. Don't think the client has complained, but I know the boss's is very particular and some things had been missed that really shouldn't have been.

Tomorrow is my short day so should be home by 12, then u have somehow persuaded hubby to come to IKEA for the afternoon I really want to sort the unit for the conservatory, but I can do that online, I am just after an excuse tbh. It's about 45mins away and we need t towels and a new bedside lamp so it SHOULD be cheap, but we know how these things go right
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 11th Apr 18, 10:55 PM
    • 426 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    Forgive me for I have sinned! I have worshipped at the altar of the Swedish god of furniture yesa trip to IKEA cost nearly 100 and I didn't even get the unit I wanted my husband was not a good influence. He got a god awful glass eye ornament which cost 25 it's horrible, but he really liked it. I made him lay for that himself out of his fun money, normally at somewhere like IKEA mo rush is looked, but no way was I paying for that! As usual in IKEA we got a few things that will be helpful and the much needed t towels.

I paid off most of it (it was on the credit card) so balance is now around 45. But now my entertainment fund is sitting at 16 with another three weeks before anymore frugal times coming.

I got paid today so money set aside for loan payment and 100 for the possible Scottish caravan. 460.31 sent to the loan so now the balance is 9999.00 and the regular monthly payment is due on Monday so inroads being made.

Oven clean has been booked for next Wednesday, 69, it is long overdue. This is what I asked for from hubby's bonus so money all set aside.

Full on day tomorrow with 4 jobs. Also met a new client tonight so starting that from next week. One of Fridays clients only wants one hour not the normal two as having building works done (seriously is it the season for it?) But boss needs me on an extra two hour job next Wednesday so making hours up.

Overall a nice day, nice to be out with hubby and the little two, the smallest really didn't want to come and found IKEA a bit of a challenge, but he was super good, lots of whining but no violent outbursts and when we got a trolley he climbed in and hid at the bottom under his coat. So he found his own way of coping the wierd one last went to IKEA last August but because of his elephant memory he kept on and on about a bottle he saw last time, even going up to one of the display rooms and telling me that was where it had been. When I refused to buy him one of these bottles he replied with 'No, that's not how it works' me 'what me saying no to you' him 'yes' little toad
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 12th Apr 18, 4:35 PM
    • 426 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    So Thursday is pizza night in the DAL household. 10 on pizzas. Mainly because hubby went and got them and got the expensive ones whereas I would have gone for ones on a deal. Anyway all done now so I will enjoy them.

I am out in a bit, going to give blood. Taking the girl with me so she can s what happens. I have only done it once before last year, have always meant to but never got round to it. Now I have done it I am hoping to keep going as often as I can. I was booked in for a few weeks back, but woulf have meant missing a job and with all the money I was losing I shifted it to an evening clinic.

Busy day tomorrow, and then off to the in laws for the weekend, so a nice break.
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 17th Apr 18, 4:05 PM
    • 426 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    Had a nice relaxing weekend and the weather was a bit nicer. It was nice to sit about and not do anything, mil entertained the little two and I caught up on some reading

Spendwise, petrol and I also spent some in Waterstones, so now have barely anything left in entertainment, am a bit concerned re this weekend, but am planning on painting the fence and haircuts for the small two (have money in haircuts available!) Also need to get euros sorted for the weekend after and PARIS!!! I bought a Paris guidebook in Waterstones, I like to have a paper map and not rely totally on technology.

Full on work week, afternoon off tomorrow and oven being cleaned. I will be doing some sorting in the front room and getting some shelves up that were bought in December
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 18th Apr 18, 7:21 AM
    • 426 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    So in a bid to make myself accountable I have stood on the scales this morning.

13st 5.5Ibs

My goal is 10st 7, so just under 3 stone. I have not been this heavy since I had just given birth to the smallest. I am annoyed at myself. So I will be weighing in every Wednesday and my first small goal is to get below 13st.
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 21st May 18, 10:33 AM
    • 426 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    It's been a month!! A lot has happened.

I have lost six pounds in weight, but unfortunately have just been away on guide camp and much cake has been consumed, so not sure how much will have gone back on

We went on our paris trip it rained, and rained and rained the rainy weekend between the two glorious ones. But lugging our stuff around Paris was hot work and doing it in 28degrees would have broken us I think. The smallest was so good, but getting up at 5.30, then train to London and eurostar followed by three metro trains was rather challenging and he had to be carried a lot by daddy. But he perked right up once he saw the eiffel tower. He was so happy, made everything worth it. The Airbnb was stunning, it had a net floor on a mezzanine level for lying on and reading etc. The weird one spent every minute he could on it. Would love to fit one in our house, but not really possible.

We went up the eiffel tower, but the boy freaked so him and hubby only made the main level, so me the girl and the smalls went to the top. The weird one adored it and was right at the edge made my stomach turn, but meant I couldn't be scared as to busy looking out for him

Anyway all in all it was a super weekend and am so glad we did it. They were all absolutely fabulous on the eurostar and actually feel that we might be able to fly with them at a some point.

Money wise no inroads into the loan since last month. Big extra payments are on hold until September. This month's extra has funded our trip to Scotland, and am still hoping to go away as a family for a few nights too.

However I am pretty convinced that the big trip we were planning won't happen so I have used the 3k to pay for a new front fence, 1k is now in a Nationwide savings account as an emergency fund and we are finally sorting the conservatory, new blinds, floor etc. Worst case if the trip happens last minute we can credit card it, move money from all over and balance xfer the rest. Not ideal, but I am 90% certain it's not happening this year at least.

Anyway, going to try and be more accountable on here going forward
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

61Posts Today

2,789Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin