Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pieman6
    • By pieman6 4th Dec 17, 8:17 AM
    • 10Posts
    • 9Thanks
    pieman6
    PPI on Store card delayed decisions
    • 4th Dec 17, 8:17 AM
    PPI on Store card delayed decisions 4th Dec 17 at 8:17 AM
    I submitted a PPI claim via Santander for my Debenhams store card taken out in 1999. The 8 weeks deadline has come and gone now so i contacted them to find out what's happening. The y have told me that the matter is now with the insurer to determine if any more claims for cards taken out pre 2005 can be upheld. The lady explained that the FCA and the FOS are aware and even if i was to submit my claim to the FOS it wont go anywhere until the insurer have made a final decision. She said this could be months or even years before the decision is made.

Does anyone know much more about this decision or if its worth taking them to the FOS? I thought you only had 6 months to refer the matter to the FOS?
Page 2
    • sharkam
    • By sharkam 19th Dec 17, 10:10 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sharkam
    Thanks
    Thanks for that info, I called them yesterday before reading this for an update and was told that the insurance companies were still in talks, so they obviously lied!
    • EOP
    • By EOP 19th Dec 17, 12:16 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    EOP
    Just spoke to the Call Center - all is confirmed - the telephone advisors were told this morning that the talks with AXA are now completed and that Santander are continuing to deal with the complaints on their behalf.
    Obviously they now have a backlog of accounts to deal with, but things are moving again,
    • Ammeretto
    • By Ammeretto 30th Dec 17, 10:03 AM
    • 178 Posts
    • 443 Thanks
    Ammeretto
    I made a complaint to Axa who then sent it to Santander for a mothercare account.
    The account was opened sometime in 2003 and closed in 2011
    I made the complaint 27th July.
    I had a letter at 8 weeks saying they were still investigating and then every four weeks after that.
    When i rang santander to chase i was told that the claims were on hold.

I have now received a letter from them requesting more information.
    They have enclosed a 6 page questionnaire asking me to complete and return.
    Its asking things like policy number, when and how i took out the insurance, if i was working at the time and how much i was earning etc
    Surely all of this information would have been included on the actual application form when i applied for the store card.

I cant remember my income at that point. I do know i was probably either on maternity leave or just before.
    I don't remember the date that i took out the policy.
    I do remember that it was in the store cause they offered a 10% discount if you took a card out.
    I don't recall being told of any insurance policy's - just told where to tick and where to sign.

Should i fill in the form as much as possible and send it back or do something else?
    Debt at LBM (Mar 14) - 29,981.66 + 11,320.91 Car & Bike HP + 799.78 HMRC tax credits = 42,102.35
    Credit card Debt Dec 17 - 11,000
    PAYDbyXMAS2017 #142 - 12,850 / 10,000 - 128.5%
    PAYDbyXMAS2018 #142 - 8,300 / 11,000 - 75.5%
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 30th Dec 17, 10:56 AM
    • 20,467 Posts
    • 11,346 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    I have now received a letter from them requesting more information.

I cant remember my income
    I don't remember the date
    I don't recall being told of any insurance policy'
    Should i fill in the form as much as possible and send it back
    Originally posted by Ammeretto
    Well, if you don't complete it (to the fullest extent of your ability) your complaint will stall.

Information you do not have or do not know, just leave blank.

There is nothing else you can do.
    • C0r1n3
    • By C0r1n3 2nd Jan 18, 10:20 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    C0r1n3
    Hi, I have 2 PPI complaints with Santander.
    1) New Look store card 1996 (PPI for 2 years)
    2) Debenhams store card 1995 (They say PPI for 3 years but I think it was for 5 years)
    I sent a SAR to them in September, only received minimal information regarding 1 store card. Continued to contact them via letter and telephone and finally they have confirmed my second store card although I'm unhappy to have paid for a SAR (using template letters asking for all info) and not received the correct docs.
    1st PPI claim has been going for 8 weeks then received the letter in relation to the insurers, they have told me today I should have a decision soon.
    2nd PPI claim has been started today.
    What do I do next?
    Do I wait for a decision and if it's unfavourable then go to the underwriters before the Ombudsman?
    Help??
    Thank you
    Corrinne
    C0r1n3
    • -taff
    • By -taff 3rd Jan 18, 8:45 AM
    • 7,420 Posts
    • 5,493 Thanks
    -taff
    You will have to wait for their final response first to see if they are taking liability for the sale or not. If not, these complaints are pre regulation, so you don't have access to the FOS if they are not taking liability.
    • Grannyflo
    • By Grannyflo 4th Jan 18, 12:15 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Grannyflo
    I have had a claim in for two store cards Evans and Debenhams since August last year. Today I have received yet another form to fill in (ppi) questionnaire) even though I have already filed all this information. I think they are just getting out of paying.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 4th Jan 18, 2:32 PM
    • 7,420 Posts
    • 5,493 Thanks
    -taff
    They don't have to pay you. You're maing a complaint, not a claim.
    And this all rests on whether they are going to take liability, which is not certain given the above.
    • EOP
    • By EOP 4th Jan 18, 3:00 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    EOP
    This morning I also received another questionaire to fill in re my Debenhams ppi complaint!!
    • pieman6
    • By pieman6 5th Jan 18, 7:17 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    pieman6
    I received a further questionnaire this morning in the post and a phone call later in the day. They asked me questions about my employment at time, savings etc, then said i would have a final response within 2 weeks. They also told me that the claims that were on hold are being fast tracked with their goal to have final response letter to all by the end of January.

I do have to say the letter that came with the questionnaire was a little confusing as it said in one hand i have to wait 8 weeks before i can refer the DISP rules from the FSA however it also said i could refer the complaint against the insurer to the FOS but not against Santander.
    • pieman6
    • By pieman6 5th Jan 18, 5:15 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    pieman6
    I was under the impression from the letter i got with my questionnaire that you can take the insurer to the FOS but not Santander as they are acting as agents to the insurers..

I could be wrong
    • pieman6
    • By pieman6 9th Jan 18, 7:06 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    pieman6
    Quick update, i have spoken to Santander last night and both of my complaints have been upheld, so they are still paying out. Final response letter was sent to me on 5th Jan but i have not received it as yet. I complained in early October 17
    • Deewm76
    • By Deewm76 9th Jan 18, 11:52 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Deewm76
    9th Jan 18, 7:06 AM
    Quick update, i have spoken to Santander last night and both of my complaints have been upheld, so they are still paying out. Final response letter was sent to me on 5th Jan but i have not received it as yet.

I complained early November (GE money store card from 98) . I have called them a couple times for update (they confirmed ppi was applied) and are investigating if miss sold but I have not received any questionnaire/letter requests for further info??? Does this mean my claim is still at a very early stage????
    • pieman6
    • By pieman6 12th Jan 18, 6:40 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    pieman6
    Goy my final response letter today. They now send you 2 responses, one from Santander and one from the insurance company.

The one from Santander told me i was time barred as its more than 15 years since i took out the policy. The one from Santander on behalf of the insurance company was upheld. Happy with the result and my payout. Should get my final payout in 14 days time
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

117Posts Today

2,021Users online

Martin's Twitter