Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jmdnnlln
    • By jmdnnlln 3rd Dec 17, 8:34 PM
    • 60Posts
    • 21Thanks
    jmdnnlln
    isupply... don't let then supply YOU!!
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:34 PM
    isupply... don't let then supply YOU!! 3rd Dec 17 at 8:34 PM
    We switched to isupply earlier this year on a 3yr deal..All was just great until Nov.

They repeatedly requested a meter reading to which I gave. Then on the 21st Nov I noticed a meter reader going about his rounds including my property.

On the 22nd Nov the reading was supplied to isupply WHO REJECTED the reading??.

It's total rubbish of course because it wasn't much different to the one I gave on the 7th Nov.

Now they want a photo of the meter to prove that their own meter reading was correct?..

Ok moving on, I looked on Trustpilot and TBH I was shocked at their reviews.. Mostly it's about METER READINGS...
    and I can just feel that I'm next in line for their atrocious customer service.

I have, out of frustration emailed them that if I have to start continually emailing, phoning, writing to them to get this sorted I will charge by the hour for each and every correspondence.

Cant see it working though but why should the customer have to dance to their tune when they are in the wrong..
Page 1
    • Dixon0609
    • By Dixon0609 2nd Jan 18, 10:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dixon0609
    • 2nd Jan 18, 10:49 PM
    • 2nd Jan 18, 10:49 PM
    sadly i have a similar case. I have been fighting with them for over a year. My electric bill has gone up from £63 a year to £182 a year. They say i am on £833 in debt with them from the first year (2015) and i am currently going down the route of the ombudsman after so many complaints and no help with them. Being mislead.... Ripped off and appalled at their lack of interest only for the debt to be cleared of which the £182 is not covering! Good luck with your complaint. They are an awful company and you will have to email every month for a meter reading as there online portal never works. Its a farce and a complete nightmare. Though i am stuck with them atm because
    of this debt so they have me right where they want people......unable to switch and going insane !!!55357;!!!56873;
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 4th Jan 18, 6:13 AM
    • 3,787 Posts
    • 970 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:13 AM
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:13 AM
    To be fair to iSupplyEnergy, they don't own the network, they don't own the meter and they don't employ the meter readers. For example, in my area the electricity network is owned and maintained by Uk Power networks. The other problems is that there is a central database to which all energy suppliers refer in deciding whether a meter reading is comparable to previous meter readings. If the current reading is not comparable with the history of readings the supplier is likely to query the reading. In my own experience this results in a meter reader coming to read the meter.

However in reply to the OP, in my own personal experience of iSupply been there, done that, got the badge, the t-shirt and the diploma. For every monthly bill over the course of a year they ignored my own readings and the readings of the official meter readers and substituted their own estimated readings which were wildly too high. They also set the level of the monthly direct debit at a wildly inaccurate high level. When I switched to OVO my credit with iSupply stood at nearly £500 which they did refund to me.

No explanation of their shortcomings was ever given by iSupply. In fact at the time I switched they were offering a similar tariff but at an increased monthly direct debit which was farcical: Not only would I not have used up the quite substantial credit already on my account, I would have increased that credit. My own attempt to rationalise I would say that in my case iSupply overcharged me in order to artificially increase their company profit.

Judging from other posts on MSE Forum about iSupply at that time I was not alone in my experiences. I endorse the subject of this thread: Don't let iSupply supply your energy; Go somewhere else. Sad to note that iSupply have not changed their ways!
    Last edited by Anthorn; 04-01-2018 at 6:16 AM.
    • kellielou92
    • By kellielou92 25th Feb 18, 8:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kellielou92
    • 25th Feb 18, 8:53 PM
    Help!
    • 25th Feb 18, 8:53 PM
    Hey guys,

Just reading your posts and it seems iSupply have a very sneaky trick to keep hold of their customers!

I signed up with them for a fixed 12 month plan last year, so itís due for renewal.
    Been sent several messages saying your owing x amount and now it says by the end of your contract you will owe £600/700 quid.
    Iíve been submitting metre readings and even done some over the phone.
    They have estimated some which is fine but weíve done our research and what they do is they donít adjust the price for our monthly payment because a fixed means we pay x amount fixed price per kw.
    So they know by not getting us to pay they will have to chase us for this Ďdebtí and most people just cannot cough up this kind of money, therefore entrapping people into staying... utterly wrong and disgusting.
    I am going to be making a complaint tomorrow and hopefully will hear from them soon after. If not, Iíll be going to the ombudsmen to get this wiped.
    They have their monthly payment on time, every month, metre readings monthly and even still they donít seem to have reduced it.
    I guess weíre another set of victims of their scam!
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 25th Feb 18, 9:48 PM
    • 6,067 Posts
    • 3,741 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 25th Feb 18, 9:48 PM
    • 25th Feb 18, 9:48 PM
    Hey guys,

Just reading your posts and it seems iSupply have a very sneaky trick to keep hold of their customers!

I signed up with them for a fixed 12 month plan last year, so it!!!8217;s due for renewal.
    Been sent several messages saying your owing x amount and now it says by the end of your contract you will owe £600/700 quid.
    I!!!8217;ve been submitting metre readings and even done some over the phone.
    They have estimated some which is fine but we!!!8217;ve done our research and what they do is they don!!!8217;t adjust the price for our monthly payment because a fixed means we pay x amount fixed price per kw.
    So they know by not getting us to pay they will have to chase us for this !!!8216;debt!!!8217; and most people just cannot cough up this kind of money, therefore entrapping people into staying... utterly wrong and disgusting.
    I am going to be making a complaint tomorrow and hopefully will hear from them soon after. If not, I!!!8217;ll be going to the ombudsmen to get this wiped.
    They have their monthly payment on time, every month, metre readings monthly and even still they don!!!8217;t seem to have reduced it.
    I guess we!!!8217;re another set of victims of their scam!
    Originally posted by kellielou92
    Hi - welcome to the forum. Suppliers have an obligation to review your payments with the aim of achieving a zero balance at the end of the contract term. You have good reason to raise a complaint and, frankly, I am surprised that you haven!!!8217;t done this sooner. As far as writing off your bill is concerned, I very much doubt that this will happen. Suppliers can choose to invoke The Back Billing Code when billing goes awry to prevent customer bill shock; however, this only writes off the amount due up to a date of one year ago. That is, you have to pay for all the usage over the past 12 months. In your situation, the supplier should agree a sensible debt repayment plan.

I should add that if you are on a fixed contract and end up with a debit balance of £600 then the projected annual usage (kWhs/year) on which your payments were based was well wide of the mark. The only things that are fixed in a contract are the period of the contract; the daily standing charge and the unit charge. Use more, then you will end up paying more.
    Last edited by Hengus; 25-02-2018 at 9:52 PM.
    • MAbdi
    • By MAbdi 16th Mar 18, 9:50 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    MAbdi
    • 16th Mar 18, 9:50 PM
    • 16th Mar 18, 9:50 PM
    I am having some issues with this supplier too. I have moved into my flat 5 months ago, compared energy tariffs and applied for a switch 2 days after moving in. A few days later, isupply blocked my switch as the previous tenant owed money. Lots of back and forth with them, including them rejecting my energy readings multiple times and the switch became too much hassle for me and I gave up and stayed with them on their variable tariff.

Now they have upped their tariff significantly and I applied for another switch last week. I have had an email from them today informing me that they are blocking my transfer. The email says this is because either:

a) I am still in my contract period and would need to pay £30 first
    or b) I owe debt on my account.

Well which is it?! Surely the supplier should know the reason why they are rejecting my switch and be able to give me concrete reasons?

I am not on fixed contract but owe debt on the account so it is b) that is the problem. I pay by monthly direct debit and as of 28th February owe them around £150. My last Direct Debit went out this week for around £100. However, the actual amount that I owe is not up to date on their website (they seem to just update it once a month), and naturally their email doesn't say how much I owe. To make it even better, they ask me to pay (the yet unknown actual debt amount) by BACS or per Cheque. Why I can't pay by debit card online is a mystery to me. I don't have Cheques and paying by BACS adds a bit more hassle to the whole process. And since I have a direct debit with them why can't they just add the £50 or so debt to the final bill and take it straight out of my account?

Naturally, I cannot reply to the email that they've sent me as that mailbox is "unmonitored". To make it better, their customer service lines are only open from 9am-5pm on Mon-Fri, adding yet another hassle for people working full time! It seems to me that they are deliberately trying to frustrate the switching process. Avoid this supplier at all cost!!
    • Roger Chant
    • By Roger Chant 6th Jun 18, 8:16 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Roger Chant
    • 6th Jun 18, 8:16 PM
    • 6th Jun 18, 8:16 PM
    I to have had a bad experience with iSupply. I signed up for dual supply, gas and electricity and all seemed well until I decided to move to Eon,

For 12 months payments were made monthly by direct debit at an agreed amount for both services.

I regularly gave meter readings on request and when I wanted to. Also there were visits by meter readers.

I on several occasions questioned as to whether the monthly amounts I was paying were okay. I phoned and spoke to the iSupply payments department and 'they' said I was not in debt. Their customer services department were of no use and unhelpful.

Then strangely when I ask to leave to move to Eon I am advised that I owe nearly £700. What a shock! I am then told its because of a 'new' way of measuring usage. Poppycock, it's just a ploy.

I used the Resolver platform (part of MSE) to fight my case.

I have been threatened with court action and external debt collection, presumably to frighten me into paying what iSupply claim I owe. I would happily attend court with the statements I received showing a nil balance for gas usage. What a shambolic outfit.

My case is now with the Ombudsman Service and I would strongly suggest that anyone with a problem with iSupply should do the same.

Would I recommend iSupply? Not in a million years
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

89Posts Today

2,349Users online

Martin's Twitter