Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jmdnnlln
    • By jmdnnlln 3rd Dec 17, 8:34 PM
    • 60Posts
    • 21Thanks
    jmdnnlln
    isupply... don't let then supply YOU!!
    • 3rd Dec 17, 8:34 PM
    isupply... don't let then supply YOU!! 3rd Dec 17 at 8:34 PM
    We switched to isupply earlier this year on a 3yr deal..All was just great until Nov.

They repeatedly requested a meter reading to which I gave. Then on the 21st Nov I noticed a meter reader going about his rounds including my property.

On the 22nd Nov the reading was supplied to isupply WHO REJECTED the reading??.

It's total rubbish of course because it wasn't much different to the one I gave on the 7th Nov.

Now they want a photo of the meter to prove that their own meter reading was correct?..

Ok moving on, I looked on Trustpilot and TBH I was shocked at their reviews.. Mostly it's about METER READINGS...
    and I can just feel that I'm next in line for their atrocious customer service.

I have, out of frustration emailed them that if I have to start continually emailing, phoning, writing to them to get this sorted I will charge by the hour for each and every correspondence.

Cant see it working though but why should the customer have to dance to their tune when they are in the wrong..
Page 1
    • Dixon0609
    • By Dixon0609 2nd Jan 18, 10:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Dixon0609
    • 2nd Jan 18, 10:49 PM
    • 2nd Jan 18, 10:49 PM
    sadly i have a similar case. I have been fighting with them for over a year. My electric bill has gone up from £63 a year to £182 a year. They say i am on £833 in debt with them from the first year (2015) and i am currently going down the route of the ombudsman after so many complaints and no help with them. Being mislead.... Ripped off and appalled at their lack of interest only for the debt to be cleared of which the £182 is not covering! Good luck with your complaint. They are an awful company and you will have to email every month for a meter reading as there online portal never works. Its a farce and a complete nightmare. Though i am stuck with them atm because
    of this debt so they have me right where they want people......unable to switch and going insane ��
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 4th Jan 18, 6:13 AM
    • 4,007 Posts
    • 1,074 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:13 AM
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:13 AM
    To be fair to iSupplyEnergy, they don't own the network, they don't own the meter and they don't employ the meter readers. For example, in my area the electricity network is owned and maintained by Uk Power networks. The other problems is that there is a central database to which all energy suppliers refer in deciding whether a meter reading is comparable to previous meter readings. If the current reading is not comparable with the history of readings the supplier is likely to query the reading. In my own experience this results in a meter reader coming to read the meter.

However in reply to the OP, in my own personal experience of iSupply been there, done that, got the badge, the t-shirt and the diploma. For every monthly bill over the course of a year they ignored my own readings and the readings of the official meter readers and substituted their own estimated readings which were wildly too high. They also set the level of the monthly direct debit at a wildly inaccurate high level. When I switched to OVO my credit with iSupply stood at nearly £500 which they did refund to me.

No explanation of their shortcomings was ever given by iSupply. In fact at the time I switched they were offering a similar tariff but at an increased monthly direct debit which was farcical: Not only would I not have used up the quite substantial credit already on my account, I would have increased that credit. My own attempt to rationalise I would say that in my case iSupply overcharged me in order to artificially increase their company profit.

Judging from other posts on MSE Forum about iSupply at that time I was not alone in my experiences. I endorse the subject of this thread: Don't let iSupply supply your energy; Go somewhere else. Sad to note that iSupply have not changed their ways!
    Last edited by Anthorn; 04-01-2018 at 6:16 AM.
    • kellielou92
    • By kellielou92 25th Feb 18, 8:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kellielou92
    • 25th Feb 18, 8:53 PM
    Help!
    • 25th Feb 18, 8:53 PM
    Hey guys,

Just reading your posts and it seems iSupply have a very sneaky trick to keep hold of their customers!

I signed up with them for a fixed 12 month plan last year, so itís due for renewal.
    Been sent several messages saying your owing x amount and now it says by the end of your contract you will owe £600/700 quid.
    Iíve been submitting metre readings and even done some over the phone.
    They have estimated some which is fine but weíve done our research and what they do is they donít adjust the price for our monthly payment because a fixed means we pay x amount fixed price per kw.
    So they know by not getting us to pay they will have to chase us for this Ďdebtí and most people just cannot cough up this kind of money, therefore entrapping people into staying... utterly wrong and disgusting.
    I am going to be making a complaint tomorrow and hopefully will hear from them soon after. If not, Iíll be going to the ombudsmen to get this wiped.
    They have their monthly payment on time, every month, metre readings monthly and even still they donít seem to have reduced it.
    I guess weíre another set of victims of their scam!
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 25th Feb 18, 9:48 PM
    • 6,619 Posts
    • 4,252 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 25th Feb 18, 9:48 PM
    • 25th Feb 18, 9:48 PM
    Hey guys,

Just reading your posts and it seems iSupply have a very sneaky trick to keep hold of their customers!

I signed up with them for a fixed 12 month plan last year, so it!!!8217;s due for renewal.
    Been sent several messages saying your owing x amount and now it says by the end of your contract you will owe £600/700 quid.
    I!!!8217;ve been submitting metre readings and even done some over the phone.
    They have estimated some which is fine but we!!!8217;ve done our research and what they do is they don!!!8217;t adjust the price for our monthly payment because a fixed means we pay x amount fixed price per kw.
    So they know by not getting us to pay they will have to chase us for this !!!8216;debt!!!8217; and most people just cannot cough up this kind of money, therefore entrapping people into staying... utterly wrong and disgusting.
    I am going to be making a complaint tomorrow and hopefully will hear from them soon after. If not, I!!!8217;ll be going to the ombudsmen to get this wiped.
    They have their monthly payment on time, every month, metre readings monthly and even still they don!!!8217;t seem to have reduced it.
    I guess we!!!8217;re another set of victims of their scam!
    Originally posted by kellielou92
    Hi - welcome to the forum. Suppliers have an obligation to review your payments with the aim of achieving a zero balance at the end of the contract term. You have good reason to raise a complaint and, frankly, I am surprised that you haven!!!8217;t done this sooner. As far as writing off your bill is concerned, I very much doubt that this will happen. Suppliers can choose to invoke The Back Billing Code when billing goes awry to prevent customer bill shock; however, this only writes off the amount due up to a date of one year ago. That is, you have to pay for all the usage over the past 12 months. In your situation, the supplier should agree a sensible debt repayment plan.

I should add that if you are on a fixed contract and end up with a debit balance of £600 then the projected annual usage (kWhs/year) on which your payments were based was well wide of the mark. The only things that are fixed in a contract are the period of the contract; the daily standing charge and the unit charge. Use more, then you will end up paying more.
    Last edited by Hengus; 25-02-2018 at 9:52 PM.
    • MAbdi
    • By MAbdi 16th Mar 18, 9:50 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    MAbdi
    • 16th Mar 18, 9:50 PM
    • 16th Mar 18, 9:50 PM
    I am having some issues with this supplier too. I have moved into my flat 5 months ago, compared energy tariffs and applied for a switch 2 days after moving in. A few days later, isupply blocked my switch as the previous tenant owed money. Lots of back and forth with them, including them rejecting my energy readings multiple times and the switch became too much hassle for me and I gave up and stayed with them on their variable tariff.

Now they have upped their tariff significantly and I applied for another switch last week. I have had an email from them today informing me that they are blocking my transfer. The email says this is because either:

a) I am still in my contract period and would need to pay £30 first
    or b) I owe debt on my account.

Well which is it?! Surely the supplier should know the reason why they are rejecting my switch and be able to give me concrete reasons?

I am not on fixed contract but owe debt on the account so it is b) that is the problem. I pay by monthly direct debit and as of 28th February owe them around £150. My last Direct Debit went out this week for around £100. However, the actual amount that I owe is not up to date on their website (they seem to just update it once a month), and naturally their email doesn't say how much I owe. To make it even better, they ask me to pay (the yet unknown actual debt amount) by BACS or per Cheque. Why I can't pay by debit card online is a mystery to me. I don't have Cheques and paying by BACS adds a bit more hassle to the whole process. And since I have a direct debit with them why can't they just add the £50 or so debt to the final bill and take it straight out of my account?

Naturally, I cannot reply to the email that they've sent me as that mailbox is "unmonitored". To make it better, their customer service lines are only open from 9am-5pm on Mon-Fri, adding yet another hassle for people working full time! It seems to me that they are deliberately trying to frustrate the switching process. Avoid this supplier at all cost!!
    • Roger Chant
    • By Roger Chant 6th Jun 18, 8:16 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Roger Chant
    • 6th Jun 18, 8:16 PM
    • 6th Jun 18, 8:16 PM
    I to have had a bad experience with iSupply. I signed up for dual supply, gas and electricity and all seemed well until I decided to move to Eon,

For 12 months payments were made monthly by direct debit at an agreed amount for both services.

I regularly gave meter readings on request and when I wanted to. Also there were visits by meter readers.

I on several occasions questioned as to whether the monthly amounts I was paying were okay. I phoned and spoke to the iSupply payments department and 'they' said I was not in debt. Their customer services department were of no use and unhelpful.

Then strangely when I ask to leave to move to Eon I am advised that I owe nearly £700. What a shock! I am then told its because of a 'new' way of measuring usage. Poppycock, it's just a ploy.

I used the Resolver platform (part of MSE) to fight my case.

I have been threatened with court action and external debt collection, presumably to frighten me into paying what iSupply claim I owe. I would happily attend court with the statements I received showing a nil balance for gas usage. What a shambolic outfit.

My case is now with the Ombudsman Service and I would strongly suggest that anyone with a problem with iSupply should do the same.

Would I recommend iSupply? Not in a million years
    • Mr Matt K
    • By Mr Matt K 12th Aug 18, 7:12 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mr Matt K
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:12 PM
    Isupply are fraudulent
    • 12th Aug 18, 7:12 PM
    Very intersting reading. I've had bad trouble with isupply for 2 years. My mother is also with them and it would appear everyone I've heard are with them have had their monthly cost doubled or more.

In my view they are artificially raising these costs. If, like me, you used a comparison site then why are we all paying double. The tarrif is not so different from our last tarrif.

In my case it appears my, specifically, electricity meter is running much much fast. I'm about to complain to the obmudsman as I think it could be electricity theft (even sanctioned by Isupply). It's too coincidental that everyone's electricity has doubled. I live with my wife and we have a gas boiler, cooker & oven.

I honestly feel that Isupply are crooks. Big business is no different from small time crooks. The priciples are the same but slightly more sophisticated.

I suggest we simply complain to ombudsman and suggest there is something very very fishy with isupply in the sense that everyone's meter is running overtime. Very suspicious.

Complain to them people - there is something very unusual when they double 'everyone's payments.

It does concern meter's running faster. Could we be paying for a neighbour's electric? Could a farcical company like isupply be incompetent or indeed could they sanction this?
    Crooks.
    I'll never use Isupply again.

I have a feeling they will fold, by choice. If they do, we're one step closer to proof that they are possibly corrupt and out for a fast buck.
    • greenwoodpecker
    • By greenwoodpecker 7th Oct 18, 7:09 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    greenwoodpecker
    • 7th Oct 18, 7:09 PM
    • 7th Oct 18, 7:09 PM
    Does anyone find Isupply`s website a nightmare, aswell as all there other faults. They sent me an email to say I was £330 in debt and then proceeded to lower my monthly D.D. to get me into more debt. I have it does not matter wether you send emails or phone them up you never get an answer
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 8th Oct 18, 8:30 AM
    • 575 Posts
    • 245 Thanks
    wavelets
    Does anyone find Isupply`s website a nightmare, aswell as all there other faults. They sent me an email to say I was £330 in debt and then proceeded to lower my monthly D.D. to get me into more debt. I have it does not matter wether you send emails or phone them up you never get an answer
    Originally posted by greenwoodpecker
    Welcome to MSE

I'm sure we all appreciate your feedback.

It's been almost 10 long years you originally joined this site, but the wait has definitely been worth it. Your visit was brief, but hopefully you will return before another decade passes before posting again.

If you have any issues with the level of direct debit your energy supplier sets, there has been a really useful MSE article that was written since you first joined MSE
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/lower-energy-direct-debits/
    • Skizzy Smith
    • By Skizzy Smith 4th Nov 18, 1:46 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Skizzy Smith
    Hi there, Im new to this forum but felt it necessary to write about iSupply and an ongoing problem.
    I have solar energy which is important to note. Way back I was with EDF and in 2011 had solar panels installed. My electricity usage from EDF halved. It was great! Then they changed the electricty meter and I confess I did not check my direct debits but looking back, they had gone up to around 3 times the amount I had been paying. I did a review and switched to iSupply as their quote seemed good. Eventually I realised that I was paying too much. I asked iSupply to check my meter. No reply. Messaged them, called them, nothing happens. I look at Ofgem averages and this makes me realise something is defimitely wrong. I send iSupply figures that show my usage is way too high according to the meter. After a long time I get the Ombudsman involved. They achieve nothing: say that iSupply will check my meter for £180. Then I contact the manufacturers of the meter, Landis + Gyr. They were helpful and I send them meter details. They reply and say this meter is not set up for Solar energy. It is ADDING the solar generation, and not deducting it. So double that,( as its not subtracting it either) and thats the amount I have been overpaying. There had been an overcharge from EDF as well, but they have replied and are making realistic proposals to determine the amount. So right now the matter has to be resolved. I am waiting for a reply to my written letter from iSupply. I have to say, that the replies that I have had by email from them seem to be written by someone with zero knowledge of the subject, even saying that the old meter must have been running backwards. (But they still sent bills for usage!)
    If anyone is interested in this, I will update it as it goes along. I have switched to Together Energy, a fixed Brexit deal that I hope will be cheaper in the future. They will change my meter soon. I have to find out (anyone know this?) if I can legally retain the old meter and send it to be checked.
    • Skizzy Smith
    • By Skizzy Smith 4th Nov 18, 1:52 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Skizzy Smith
    Just a quick note on meter readers. Someone in the industry told me they are not electricians. They go through a short course and are sent out to read meters. So as long as they can enter the numbers on your meter into their machine thats all they have to do.
    • Skizzy Smith
    • By Skizzy Smith 4th Nov 18, 1:57 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Skizzy Smith
    electricity meters
    if you have solar energy, meters must be set up for that. If you dont have solar, the meter must be set up anyway, and I believe that wrong settings can give wrong readings. Try contacting the manufacturers of your meter and asking . The will ask you for some information thats on the meter, and should know if there is a problem.
    • Houbara
    • By Houbara 4th Nov 18, 7:46 PM
    • 4,001 Posts
    • 2,601 Thanks
    Houbara
    if you have solar energy, meters must be set up for that. If you dont have solar, the meter must be set up anyway, and I believe that wrong settings can give wrong readings. Try contacting the manufacturers of your meter and asking . The will ask you for some information thats on the meter, and should know if there is a problem.
    Originally posted by Skizzy Smith
    Can you remember the type of electric meter that was in before the exchange ?.
    If it was an old analogue meter, like I myself have, with a rotating ring or barrel , usually made by Sangamo Weston, then if solar panels are fitted this meter runs backwards . This will happen on sunny days where usage in the property is low.When solar panel companies fit the panels they are obliged to inform the customer that they have an unsuitable meter.Digital meters need to be used, or meters with a backstop..
    Meters without this will take off units used from the previous day and as a double whammy they also credit the FIT meter. This is not allowed and suppliers are losing a lot of money to what is effectively theft of energy. These old meters are also "not set up for solar energy "
    According to the terms and conditions of supply then anyone with a meter which runs backward should report this to the supplier asap.
    If you google "electric meter running backwards " you can see the type of meter in action on Youtube
    Last edited by Houbara; 04-11-2018 at 11:02 PM.
    • Skizzy Smith
    • By Skizzy Smith 5th Nov 18, 11:33 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Skizzy Smith
    electricity meters
    Hi Houbara thanks for reply. Yes I was aware that some old meters could run backwards. The team who installed my Solar panels told me this. They said they had checked and my meter would not do this. I did not ask if they needed to adjust the meter in any way. If the old meter had been running backwards when the solar generation was greater than the house consumption, I see how this would subtract the Solar from the actual consumption and reduce the readings. There would still be a daytime consumption reading, confirmed by getting electricity bills that showed daytime use. Now if I look at my Solar energy generation, the amounts in kWh vary very little from year to year. If the meter had been crediting the FIT meter, this would have been evident when comparing the FIT meter readings before, and after, the meter was changed.(I cannot remember the make of the old meter, or the type.)
    I hope this helps, and thank you again for your info.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

30Posts Today

3,831Users online

Martin's Twitter