Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 3rd Dec 17, 2:27 PM
    • 471Posts
    • 2,060Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Hugglemonster's homemade happiness diary
    • 3rd Dec 17, 2:27 PM
    Hugglemonster's homemade happiness diary 3rd Dec 17 at 2:27 PM
    A new diary for a renewed enthusiasm for clearing the debt, reducing the mortgage and getting my home finished instead of the shambles it's in.

I have a few bits of debt left after a nice lump sum from my in-laws cleared the main overdraft these are:
    * Hally overdraft currently £1012.19 - need to pay this off first due to the daily fees plus I still seem to pay £30 monthly fee! Need to check that out.
    * MBNA credit card currently £2083.42
    * Car finance last balance on statement in August this year was £9400.36 so 3 other payments since then will have left a balance of £8825.44.
    * Hubby's computer stuff £293.10 - I could save the full balance and pay off.

I'm aiming to pay off the overdraft, the credit card and hubby's computer stuff at least in 2018, plus I also want to get my ds bedroom finished and my bedroom decorated too.

On Tuesday I will get CB payment so this will be the last money that is need for dh to go on his trip next week, I also need to use any money between now and Xmas for presents so main focus on debt busting won't be until after the festive season. I will have a budget for each person I need to buy for plus I will be making some items to reduce costs.

Some good changes for the new year:
    * My repayments to HMRC for overpaid child tax credit ends in January, so an extra £10 a month back in the budget.
    * DS after school club sent home a letter to say their charges are going up from £9 a day to £10.50, after chatting to dh and dd we will pick him up from school between ourselves therefore saving £144 a month based on current fees. I will do a letter for him to take tomorrow to say we are stopping his place and then there will only be 3 weeks left to pay. This will be lots back in the budget!
    * I'm still waiting to hear if I've got an extra day fund through work, this will be lovely!

So my mission is to ensure that I use ynab properly and stick to budgets plus reduce food expenditure, continue doing surveys and use vouchers/money earned for birthdays and treats, reduce/re-use/recycle, and seek out the best offers/money back/discounts on all purchases.

H x
    Debt:Overdraft 2 £2400 Credit card £2200 now £1580 Car - Purchased £11,518.40 now £6334.12 Barclays loan 3000 now £2673.96 Dad £300
    PAID - Computer £646.52, Overdraft 1 £2200
    Emergency fund: £10 General savings: £10
Page 4
    • Mumoffourkids
    • By Mumoffourkids 7th Aug 18, 6:00 PM
    • 702 Posts
    • 3,662 Thanks
    Mumoffourkids
    Sorry to hear about your car but I have just gone through the same thing with mine. It kept going wrong and I kept paying out but last week I had had enough. I wanted it to last about another year and then I would have had enough saved up to buy a newer car. Alas it was not to be.

So I bit the bullet and bought a newer car on finance. The loan can be overpaid so as soon as my old credit card is finally paid off next month, I will start overpaying. I also worked out that I can afford the monthly payments and although it is a five year loan, there is no way I am going to let it run itís course.

I bought newer because I really do need a reliable car to get to work and get the kids to various clubs. I can do it on public transport but it is a pain and takes forever. I also need a car to take the kids to their dadís every three weeks as we meet half way on the m25.
    Total debt Dec 2017 £23090.83
    SEP 2018 £0 100% paid
    Emergency fund £257.38/£600
    Total Savings £1672.07
    • hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 7th Aug 18, 8:52 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 2,060 Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Hi MOFK, the car is a 61 plate so it's 7 years old which we have on finance as I needed a reliable car too, I don't know whether it's just bad luck but it is certainly annoying! Hubby was OK by the time he got home. We have 3 years left on the finance but like you want to pay it off quicker when possible. BTW I've read your thread and think you're amazing but never commented so now I will x

I've updated banking and done a few surveys and still a few to do, I've had to cancel some work tomorrow as I can't get there (an hours drive when lots of kit) but I have a meeting in the evening so hopefully I'll have the car back by then.

Just sold an item on fb to be collected Thursday, £4 to go to credit card all being well.

Had a really cheap tea of 3 bean goulash and homemade chapatis, two portions left have gone in the freezer. We still have lots of food as we just haven't eaten as much as on the plan, just need some fresh fruit and bread.

H x
    Debt:Overdraft 2 £2400 Credit card £2200 now £1580 Car - Purchased £11,518.40 now £6334.12 Barclays loan 3000 now £2673.96 Dad £300
    • hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 9th Aug 18, 2:58 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 2,060 Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Good afternoon, car is home and fingers crossed nothing will go wrong in the next few months. There are a few advisories from the MOT, all four tyres will need replacing within the next year and the rear brake pads and discs will need changing so i need to set aside money for that.

A little spendy day yesterday as I brought my nieces birthday presents and posted today, plus we need some bits and pieces from Home Bargains. The item hasn't been collected today and I can't be bothered chasing individuals any more so we bump up the selling page again.

Current progress on credit card 16th July - 15th August £141.51/£267 but will get a boost when child benefit comes in on Tuesday. I'm 60 tokens away from a £5 payout from receipts app.

I've started pushing the new business and have some leaflets to drop off at the leisure centre when it opens later, I've also had an enquiry from a lady in the other town that I want to launch in so that's positive.

Lots to do for my 2 events, we went down the prom this morning to take photos which will show where the marshals will be positioned and the turn around point, we need to do the same tomorrow at the other venue.

The sun is shining and despite the car problems everything is fine!, H x
    Last edited by hugglemonster; 09-08-2018 at 3:09 PM.
    • Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 9th Aug 18, 3:07 PM
    • 6,559 Posts
    • 24,749 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    Boo to the car problems.

Fingers crossed and good luck with the venture in the other town x
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    MBNA: £5660.00 Lloyds: £9878.75 BC: GONE Cap One: GONE
    OD £0/£500 LC £371.25/£1500 Washer PAID
    POAMAYC 2018 #041 PD £7219.86/£7000
    Savings for Christmas £385.36/£400
    20p Savers 2018 £2 Savers 2018 50p Savers 2018 SPC 12 2019 #003
    • hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 10th Aug 18, 4:52 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 2,060 Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Well hello everyone, some more progress made today and some decisions too.

Currently paying off credit card, my expenses have gone in early so I paid off £85.25 which took me to £1400 but then my £5 reward has come in so I've sent that over and now stands at £1395. So progress towards monthly target is £231.76/£267, I'm going to leave child benefit in the account on Tuesday as I need to pay for ds birthday presents and meal next week. Only £35.24 to find by next Friday which is doable.

The decision made is that we are not going to go abroad in February, with everything that needs to be paid for between then and now plus wanting to progress further with the house we decided that it was just too much for a few days away. Therefore we are going to get ds room finished, have a lovely Xmas and go to Scotland for a couple of days in February instead.

Feel better about that decision so will cancel hotel, we haven't paid anything so will just be a straight cancel.

We're still aiming to remortgage in the new year, so everything we can do to aide that the better.

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend and last week at work before 2 weeks off but my weekends will now be spent at my new events so whilst it's fab for the community I won't get a lie in!!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, H x
    • hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 21st Aug 18, 11:52 AM
    • 471 Posts
    • 2,060 Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Well everything seems to have gone pear-shaped over the last week, spent lots and had to use credit card again so really annoyed with myself. A couple of things that I completely forgot were coming out of the account and also forgot that ds wanted to go to the zoo on his birthday - I did pay the cheapest entry online though.

Therefore target for credit card has not been reached and need to get our act together otherwise this will drag on and on.

Pay day is on Friday, I also need to get hold of an invoice that I've paid for a course tonight so I can claim back from work. I did however put some money towards the business that I need to get back at some stage - I've had interest in the sessions but no formal booking or payment. I will promote more when the kids are back at school beginning of September.

To pay August/September:
    * Plasterer £200
    * Paint and varnish for ds room
    * Dd school trousers

So should be a fairly cheap month as long as we stick to just those things, I will do a meal plan from Friday as I'm currently trying to use as much from stock as possible but do need a few things before then.

H x
    • hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 22nd Aug 18, 12:30 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 2,060 Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Well it's amazing what can be achieved when you have to, yesterday I used most food from stores - I made a macaroni pasta lasagna for the kids and just needed to buy mince and as my ds ended up staying at his friend's house overnight there is enough left for all of us tonight with some veg. DH and I had fish which I had got out of the freezer with the remains of the salad, a pasta salad using some of the macaroni and the left over coleslaw. It was delicious! Today I'm making some bread, and rolls for lunch. I have no idea about tomorrow though, seriously lacking in any further leftovers although I have some pork sausagemeat defrosting.

Caught up on surveys this morning, I have got a £5 Amazon voucher and £3 winging it's way over which will go on the credit card. I nearly have enough for another Amazon voucher which I will use for a blanket that I'm planning on making a xmas for dh with using his t-shirts from runs he has done over the years and are just sitting in the cupboard. He can use the blanket for camping trips then.

Need to get the kids out for some fresh air after lunch, they are hibernating watching t.v.!

Nothing else to report, H x
    • hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 22nd Aug 18, 8:44 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 2,060 Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Little evening update as I'm so pleased with myself (little wins ��), rolls made for lunch were fab and DH arrived home from a course just as they were coming out of the oven so a lovely family meal. We then went on a little walk around the local wilderness and checked on the blackberries that aren't quite ready but did get some apples to cook with.

I re-hemed a pair of my shorts this evening and also fixed one of ds' soft toys.

I think it will be rolls again for lunch tomorrow but need to get a filling for them , also need a couple of potatoes to make sausage and potato pie for tea.

I need to make sure I check in here regularly to keep myself on the straight and narrow!

H x
    • hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 23rd Aug 18, 1:30 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 2,060 Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Good afternoon, the morning has flown by with pottering around I was going to take the kids down the beach but I have an infection so not feeling 100% We did pop down the shops to get a couple of bits for lunch and tea - it was cheaper to buy a concentrated soup rather than a full size one and also brought potatoes to make the sausage meat pie plus some milk and butter. Made my own pastry for the pie, need to research getting cheaper blocks of butter as I currently get from Iceland at £1.50 a pack plus get milk 4 pints for £1 which is cheaper than Tesco.

£3 received from survey so have sent over with the last of the pennies in the account to make a payment of £5.92! A few surveys done this morning, only need £1 then I can cash out and order the blanket for hubby's xmas present. All surveys are building up nicely.

Need to do a menu plan this evening ready to go shopping tomorrow and we will go and get dd school trousers. Apparently both the kids want new school bags even though we have hundreds of the blooming things, some frugal ways need to be instilled here. I will use the apples tomorrow to make a pudding plus some more rolls for lunch and for Saturday when we're at our weekly volunteering duties.

When my dd gets off the main computer I can plan ynab for the next week until dh gets paid. I've decided to stop trying to pay too much on too many things at once and then left myself short but need to build up an emergency fund and general saving s fund - £50 each per month seems reasonable at present until I pay off the debt.

H x
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 24th Aug 18, 7:48 AM
    • 2,447 Posts
    • 16,619 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    I find butter has particularly risen in price in the last couple of years and anytime I can see it for under £1.50 I will buy it. Nothing else quite matches up to the real thing either.

As for EF I was quite surprised how quickly mine built up, I started at £35 then raised it to £50, then £75 and each incremental meant I didn't seem to miss it so much. Considering raising it to £100 which would have seemed huge at the start but now I only need to find £25 extra.
    • hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 24th Aug 18, 6:46 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 2,060 Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Thanks for your post PurpleFairy, I remember is wasn't so long ago that I paid 89p for the same block of butter really annoying but yes nothing better than real butter!

Pay hit the account today so sent £50 to general savings then will transfer £50 to emergency fund when dh gets paid next week.

Busy today, we went to get dd school trousers and there was only one pair in stock so we have ordered a second pair. I budgeted £40 and it came to £39.98 so 2p change yay. We then went food shopping and even though it was an expensive shop when I took off the cat bits and pieces and dh drinks it wasn't actually too bad and we have enough for the whole week. Oh and I got a gammon ham to cook which should be cheaper than buying sliced ham and tastier too.

Today I have made rolls for lunch and for tomorrow, curry and chapatis for tea, half done the ham (in fridge with a glaze on it until tomorrow then finish cooking), 1 load of washing - it's been pouring down so on the airer. Moved 6 large water bottles than were lined up on the path in front of our house - very odd!

I've managed to get another survey to get an Amazon voucher to order the blanket for dh xmas present plus some cotton. I need to get some new needles though as I seem to have lost most of mine and the eye is too small. I've also been doing a new site on my mobile and am nearly up to £5 since yesterday which I can cash out via paypal.

I need to prepare a sign ready for my volunteering in the morning, then when I'm home tomorrow I need to prepare Sunday's tea as I'm on a course all day but it will taste better if it's left to marinade overnight.

Nothing available to pay to credit card at the moment, will do a few more surveys in a bit.

H x
    • hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 26th Aug 18, 6:25 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 2,060 Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Wow another weekend passes in a blur, so busy but all good. Went on my course this morning and despite saying to my passenger that I get mileage through work she insisted on giving me some money for fuel. I've therefore transferred to the credit card.

I've done a few surveys since getting home and a few more to do, also had a booking for business so have sent off the invoice and will chase up the other invoice sent as I need payment to secure the places.

I've updated ynab from the last couple of days, need to chase up plasterer as I'm not sure what day he is coming this week.

Need to get out for a run tomorrow as I have a half marathon in 6 weeks time, dh is going to come on his bike and the kids on theirs. I need to do some work even though I'm off for a group starting next week and also to email schools about events before they go back next week.

Right off to make apple crumble with the apples we foraged the other day and have some with custard later on (we've had tea already).

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, H x
    • hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 27th Aug 18, 4:31 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 2,060 Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Good afternoon, so the run/bike ride hasn't happened due to the weather and my infection coming back this morning - trying to drink lots of water today! We're going to go over to one of the lovely towns along the coast tomorrow for a little day trip.

I cashed out on a nice survey site and it was in paypal instantly so transfer to credit card, I still need to pay the main monthly payment payment for it but it's all adding up again. I'm on a course again tomorrow evening then I can do my expenses as I won't have anything else for work before the next month starts.

It's been a pottering about kind of day with a bit of housework, a bit of washing and lots of cooking - need to get out in the garden in a min to tie up the tomato canes that have come loose in the wind, a few nearly ready to pick.

Plasterer is now coming on 4th September which is fine, is will be good to get the next bit done and dusted!

H x
    • hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 29th Aug 18, 2:33 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 2,060 Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Lovely day out with dh and the kids yesterday, bumped into a friend who lives just over the English border which was odd since we were further west. Had lunch in a great little cafe which wasn't planned but it was really good so worth it.

Went to get a few bits of food today but for dh's lunches next week at work so great that he batch cooks his meals.

Despite being on leave I'm still sorting things out for work and club, I don't think that unless I went abroad I could really have a full break but hey ho it's all good.

I've had some more bookings for the business, no payments still but plenty of time - I've ordered the t-shirts and need to pay the next installment for the insurance this week. It will be good when the money comes in so I can pay myself back currently owed £130 not including the expenses mentioned before.

Expenses have been sent in, not holding my breath as to when that will be paid but when it does I will allocate to wherever needed. I need to catch up on some surveys this afternoon, one site is not far from a small payout. I need to do ynab for the next few weeks as dh gets paid on Friday.

Ds is having a friend to sleep over tonight and if getting excited, we're having homemade pizza for tea which always goes down well.

Tomorrow we need to pop down to the beach to sort out the final details for our junior running event and put together the signs, we're back at club next week too so need to write session plans and session plans for the business too.

Remind me to have some time off at Xmas! H x
    • Purplemumof2
    • By Purplemumof2 29th Aug 18, 3:13 PM
    • 6,559 Posts
    • 24,749 Thanks
    Purplemumof2
    Wow H, you've been busy!

Hope that your infection goes away quickly xx
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    MBNA: £5660.00 Lloyds: £9878.75 BC: GONE Cap One: GONE
    OD £0/£500 LC £371.25/£1500 Washer PAID
    POAMAYC 2018 #041 PD £7219.86/£7000
    Savings for Christmas £385.36/£400
    20p Savers 2018 £2 Savers 2018 50p Savers 2018 SPC 12 2019 #003
    • hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 29th Aug 18, 7:50 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 2,060 Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Household Information
    Number of adults in household 2
    Number of children in household 2
    Number of cars owned 1

Monthly income after tax 996.88
    Partners monthly income 1664.94
    Benefits 137
    Other income 0
    Total monthly income 2798.82

Expenses Amount(£)
    Mortgage 632.7
    Council tax 139
    Electricity 73
    Gas 0 (included with electric - currently £50 in credit)
    Water Rates 61.07
    Telephone (land line) 33
    Mobile phone 60 - this is 3 phones, dd and I at £10 per month each and the rest dh who is paying extra due to mishaps with phones and the sea!!
    TV Licence 12.37
    Satellite/Cable TV 0 (Don't use)
    Internet services 0 (Included with phone)
    Groceries etc. 900 (massive problem)
    Clothing 0
    Petrol/diesel 200
    Road tax 16.62
    Car Insurance 33.48
    Car maintenance (including MOT) 0
    Other child related expenses 0 (kids go climbing but not sure if it will be on after holidays
    Medical (prescriptions, dentists, opticians etc.) 0
    Pet Insurance/Vet bills 5.45
    Buildings Insurance 0 (included in contents)
    Contents Insurance 13
    Life Assurance 10.81
    Other Insurance 0
    Presents (birthday, christmas etc.) 30
    Haircuts 0
    Entertainment 13.98 (xbox & amazon prime)
    Holiday 0
    Emergency Fund 100
    Total monthly expenses 2334.48

Secured & HP Debt Description Debt(£) Monthly(£) APR(%)
    Mortgage 96180.7 (632.7) 4.63
    Secured & HP Debt totals 96180.7 - -

Unsecured Debt Description Debt(£) Monthly(£) APR(%)
    Loan 2869.83 82.46 10.8
    Overdraft 2400 0 0
    MBNA 1703.68 37 18.9
    Dad 300 0 0
    Ford 6909.04 191.6 5.01

Unsecured Debt totals 14374.19 311.06 -
    Asset Description Value (£)
    Cash 0
    House Value (Gross) 113
    Shares and bonds 0
    Car(s) 8000
    Other assets (e.g. endowments, jewellery etc) 0
    Total Assets 8113

Summary
    Monthly Budget Summary Amount(£)
    Total monthly income 2,798.82
    Monthly expenses (incl. HP & secured loans) 2,334.48
    Available for debt repayments 464.34
    UNsecured debt repayments 311.06
    Amount left after debt repayments 153.28
    Personal Balance Sheet Summary Amount(£)
    Total Assets (things you own) 8,113
    Total Secured & HP Debt -96,180.7
    Total Unsecured Debt -14,374.19
    Net Assets -102,441.89

OK I need your help, I've just done ynab for the month and I have £400 to pay for food, fuel, any spends but will get in child benefit and expenses on top of that. The main problems are the mortgage which we're looking at changing in January and groceries - this includes pet food, our food, kids lunches at school when there, cleaning products, toiletries and alcohol. I would really welcome some meal plans for a week that I can use - we can both cook and will do bread and other meals from scratch.

I get expenses from work which is dependent on what mileage I do, and as you know I'm currently setting up my own business so I've had some expenses there but have actually had a payment since earlier!

The interest rate on the credit card is not all at the full rate, some is 0% - I can't apply for another card so will just have to pay off asap.

Many thanks H x
    Last edited by hugglemonster; 29-08-2018 at 7:56 PM.
    • PurpleFairy26
    • By PurpleFairy26 30th Aug 18, 7:33 AM
    • 2,447 Posts
    • 16,619 Thanks
    PurpleFairy26
    Hugglemonster as you say refining your mortgage will help, is it just tied in until January? Most places will let you arrange something in advance so if it ends now I would suggest looking round now. As for food, can you make a freezer and cupboard inventory and then plan for the next month around that with to minimise costs. Is it possible to swing by a sm late one night and see if any good ys bargains? HM bread, cakes and snacks will help keep the cost down especially if you have things in already to make them.

BBC g00dfood website is great for inspiration on meal planning, if you type in an ingredient it will bring up ideas, we've had some great meals that have become staples in our meal plan too. 'Barneys Monday night rice' is great to use up left overs and a little bit of meat goes a long way, same with a risotto.

Toiletries- again, stock take what you have. Then do you have a b&m h0me bargains near. Then get one or two bits from there. Toilets rolls in hb are a particular saving.

Maybe keep posting your food spend totals on your diary to keep track too. Hope all goes well.
    • hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 30th Aug 18, 2:05 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 2,060 Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Thanks Purplefairy, the mortgage isn't tied in but we are just below the maximum LTV threshold which will be achieved by January I need to get a better valuation though as on one site it says it could be worth up to £130k but knowing the area there's no way it would reach this.

We have a few things in stock and yes I have making bread/rolls down to a fine art but it's definitely the snacks that add up e.g. we've just been down the beach (ds, his friend and me) and they had an ice lolly it all builds up. No toiletries or cleaning products needed at the mo and yes use Home Bargains which is across the road from me.

I've been to pay for the t-shirts this morning, I've worked out that I've paid over £300 towards the business so far and still some things to pay, I will pay myself back as income comes in but will be over the next few weeks.

I've requested a small payout from a survey site but other sites very slow today, had an inquiry about an item on fb selling page but no response since then. I don't think we have anything else to sell, although if I bumped off my dh he has stacks of camping equipment, books and technology up in the attic He's paid for the majority through extra earnings or gifted so that's not an issue!

Holds up hands to say we had 3 meals out during this month, one was ds birthday but I should maybe save vouchers to pay for the occasional meal out instead and maybe set a date for a family meal as something to look forward to.

I have a £5 bonus on my Ic*land card so I can get a few bits, and will do another meal plan in a bit.

Back soon, rolls are ready! H x
    • hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 31st Aug 18, 8:00 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 2,060 Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Good evening, a strange day today where my cooking has been shocking, the rolls/bread didn't rise and the potato wedges for tea seemed to take ages to cook! Went shopping for a few bits and pieces but the majority was paid for by vouchers of various sorts so very little money parted company. Nice to use the lettuce leaves from the garden as part of our salad today, the homegrown tomatoes seem to be taking a while to grow and ripen this year.

Received a small payout of £8.90 this morning so have sent over to the credit card, I like these small frequent wins but surveys have been pants again today.

I'm now owed £415 by the business so it's no wonder I'm short myself this month, hey ho it will be paid back but so far only one customer paid and 6 more to go that have booked on to the sessions, there are 5 spaces left but when schools go back next week I can push it a bit more.

I need to remind dh to put together an invoice for the work he does on a website, 3 months of fees owed.

I am actually looking forward to be back in work mode from Monday I hate this not being able to switch off fully, I had 2 emails and a voicemail from one chap asking about his club despite messages saying that I'm on leave. I will respond on Monday!

Dh blanket arrived today so I can start making it for his xmas present, I hope he likes it and doesn't suddenly want to wear one of his old race tops.

Right off for an early night, volunteering duties call in the morning and all the family are helping.

H x
    • hugglemonster
    • By hugglemonster 4th Sep 18, 1:58 PM
    • 471 Posts
    • 2,060 Thanks
    hugglemonster
    Hi all, last day of the holidays for the kids and they are chilling out and generally being lazy! I was back to work yesterday but didn't need to go out until the evening. The plasterer came this morning but he's going to have to finish on Saturday as he needed to go elsewhere and also he's done the prep work today. He's my friend's son so all good. Took ds for his haircut when the barbers opened, glad I did as it's very busy already as everyone gets ready to go back to school.

We are still hemorrhaging money but nothing to show for it really, I am trying and we've got our expenses down a bit but way too much still. Need to be strict - very strict!

Had lunch at home, main meal from freezer and will have a snack for tea, dh has just taught dd to iron her new school shirts and she is now working her way through my ironing pile - strange girl!! 3 loads of washing on the line, doing bits of admin for work in between surveys.

I will keep persevering, H x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

395Posts Today

2,404Users online

Martin's Twitter