Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JulianneHoney
    • By JulianneHoney 30th Nov 17, 9:52 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 2Thanks
    JulianneHoney
    Bulb Energy - bogus reviews on TrustPilot?
    • 30th Nov 17, 9:52 AM
    Bulb Energy - bogus reviews on TrustPilot? 30th Nov 17 at 9:52 AM
    I recently had a look around at all the energy companies as we're due to switch this month, and I remember looking at Bulb Energy and rejecting them based on their terrible Trust Pilot reviews. I've gone back to look again at what's available today and suddenly there are a number of glowing reviews, all in the last week or so, and all touting their 'money saving' code that could save them and us 50. I smell a giant rat, what are the chances that these reviews are for real?
Page 1
    • st999
    • By st999 30th Nov 17, 10:38 AM
    • 1,177 Posts
    • 657 Thanks
    st999
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:38 AM
    • 30th Nov 17, 10:38 AM
    I'm with Bulb and I think they are wonderful also if someone switches to them using my code we both get 50.

And you wonder why they are getting good reviews?
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 30th Nov 17, 12:13 PM
    • 6,650 Posts
    • 90,220 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:13 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:13 PM
    I have recently switched to bulb aswell, and used a code to get 50 and also referred friends with the code.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • loo
    • By loo 30th Nov 17, 12:29 PM
    • 12 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    loo
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:29 PM
    Bulb Customer Service
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:29 PM
    Read Which instead of Trust Pilot then?

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2017/11/how-long-does-your-energy-company-keep-you-on-hold/

Which? Mag rate Bulb as the faster energy company phone answerer in the UK

Louise
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 30th Nov 17, 12:52 PM
    • 5,730 Posts
    • 3,517 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:52 PM
    • 30th Nov 17, 12:52 PM
    Read Which instead of Trust Pilot then?

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2017/11/how-long-does-your-energy-company-keep-you-on-hold/

Which? Mag rate Bulb as the faster energy company phone answerer in the UK

Louise
    Originally posted by loo
    I am not sure that I would regard answering the telephone quickly as being indicative of a good supplier. I would happily wait 5 minutes on the phone provided that, when I spoke to someone, he/she dealt with my enquiry in a quick and effective manner.
    • lyntwyn
    • By lyntwyn 6th Mar 18, 3:49 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    lyntwyn
    • 6th Mar 18, 3:49 PM
    Scam reviews on Trustpilot?
    • 6th Mar 18, 3:49 PM
    I have checked the reviews on Trustpilot, but they are obviously not genuine reviews, albeit probably from genuine customers. But they have to provide five star reviews if they want their 50 referral reward. I have complained to Trustpilot and Bulb a few times as I am looking for meaningful reviews before I consider moving my business to them. I thought reviews in exchange for reward was illegal, but probably not. This should be something trading standards may be interested in pursuing.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 6th Mar 18, 4:01 PM
    • 5,730 Posts
    • 3,517 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 6th Mar 18, 4:01 PM
    I have checked the reviews on Trustpilot, but they are obviously not genuine reviews, albeit probably from genuine customers. But they have to provide five star reviews if they want their 50 referral reward. I have complained to Trustpilot and Bulb a few times as I am looking for meaningful reviews before I consider moving my business to them. I thought reviews in exchange for reward was illegal, but probably not. This should be something trading standards may be interested in pursuing.
    Originally posted by lyntwyn
    That isn't true, and I have to ask 'what proof do you actually have to support your claim'?. I was with Bulb and I haven't posted any reviews On Trustpilot et al. My immediate family and friends have been able to get a referral fee credit. Bulb's takeover of my supply was troubled free, and their billing accurate. I am now just waiting for a Final Bill. I would happily have stayed with them; however, recent market indicators pointed to the security of a fixed tariff that Bulb does not offer.
    • N1ckS
    • By N1ckS 6th Mar 18, 4:01 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    N1ckS
    I'm sure there is an element of bias based on the referral programme but genuinely I feel they're a good company. When I switched from EDF I was unable to provide a final reading as I was away at the time and EDF massively overestimated my usage during the final couple of months with them. I contacted Bulb who worked out a genuine estimate based on my usage with them and they handled communication with EDF who then provided a refund via cheque.

Have a look at their blog, I reckon it gives a good indication of the sort of company they are:
    https://bulb.co.uk/blog
    • Richie-from-the-Boro
    • By Richie-from-the-Boro 6th Mar 18, 4:43 PM
    • 6,380 Posts
    • 4,797 Thanks
    Richie-from-the-Boro
    • 6th Mar 18, 4:43 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 4:43 PM
    Trustpilot, not genuine reviews
    - perish the thought

- perish the thought
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - !!!8476;
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 6th Mar 18, 5:22 PM
    • 5,730 Posts
    • 3,517 Thanks
    Hengus
    The bit that I was contesting was the assertion that:

Quote: But they have to provide five star reviews if they want their 50 referral reward Unquote
    • dm800
    • By dm800 14th Mar 18, 12:24 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    dm800
    I gave up on trustpilot reviews years ago to be honest. I tend to ask peoples opinions on forums that I use.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 14th Mar 18, 12:51 PM
    • 5,730 Posts
    • 3,517 Thanks
    Hengus
    Personally, I look for consistency. There is one particular supplier under Ofgem investigation at the moment where the reviews/comments on Trustpilot; Facebook and on this site are providing consistent feedback. This feedback is backed up by the supplier!!!8217;s position at the bottom of the Citizens Advice Complaints Table.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,841Posts Today

7,809Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin