Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Bsmelly01
    • By Bsmelly01 29th Nov 17, 6:23 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Housing benefit overpayment from 2014
    • #1
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:23 PM
    Housing benefit overpayment from 2014 29th Nov 17 at 6:23 PM
    So I received a letter from housing benefit today telling me I didn't declare that I worked for the council between 2014 and 2015 and i was overpaid housing benefit. This was a casual job but i did inform them. I remember handing in my bank statements as I always do. This was a difficult year as I split from my husband in the September. They are asking me to send all details of household income for the whole year within a month. As it was joint with ex til September this isn't possible. I don't have access to these bank statements anymore. I also found a letter from benefits section from February 2015 asking for 2 months bank statements and wage slips. The council wages were paid into my bank account so surely even if I didn't inform them (I know I did) they would have picked the extra income it up on the bank statements? They have put something about underlying entitlement which I can't do as I don't have access to evidence for the whole period. Any ideas what I can Do? Why wait this long?
Page 1
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 29th Nov 17, 7:00 PM
    • 1,860 Posts
    • 3,927 Thanks
    • #2
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:00 PM
    • #2
    • 29th Nov 17, 7:00 PM
    Duplicate post.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,827Posts Today

7,698Users online

Martin's Twitter