Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Leo1975
    • By Leo1975 29th Nov 17, 6:01 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Leo1975
    KSL hair won't refund
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:01 PM
    KSL hair won't refund 29th Nov 17 at 6:01 PM
    Hi
    Apologies if this is long winded but wanted to give the background.
    My daughter has suffered with alopecia for years. We've tried everything but no joy. We recently heard of a company called KSL hair who offered the treatment required.
    My daughter had the initial consultation with them and booked the treatment which was due to take place this upcoming weekend at a cost of £7000. She paid £1400 deposit a couple of weeks back, then she paid the remaining £5600 last weekend after they called her for the balance (even though she had received no correspondence at all from them).
    Earlier this week my daughter was contacted by somebody on instagram advising that KSL are a bunch of cowboys and make a mess of a lot of people's hair and they end up worse than before the treatment (and obviously massively out of pocket)
    This scared my daughter, and after further research she decided she doesn't want to go ahead with the treatment this weekend but KSL won't refund any money as their T's & C's state if cancelling within 14 days of treatment, they keep 100% of the payment. However they have never sent any T's & C's so clearly my daughter has never signed anything.
    My daughter obviously shouldn't have paid the balance until after the treatment but she was so excited at finally potentially getting her hair problem sorted.
    So after all that, can anybody give me advice please on getting our money back from KSL? I appreciate we may lose the £1400 deposit but I'm hopeful we can get the other £5600 back? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Page 2
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 6th Feb 18, 1:44 PM
    • 3,967 Posts
    • 10,701 Thanks
    LilElvis
    Hello,

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's experience. I am a journalist and am very interested in what you / she have got to say. Do you want to drop me a line? Email katie.hodge@the-sun.co.uk.

Katie
    Originally posted by KatieHodge
    Please read the terms of posting you agreed to when you signed up. You need permission to post as a journalist.
    • NadeyBest
    • By NadeyBest 10th May 18, 11:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    NadeyBest
    Hi Leo1975 i canít believe how rude people have been on here! They have no idea what its like for a young woman to love with hair loss and think they have found the miracle cure! She would prob have given her arm for the treatment!
    Anyway you may be sorted but there are many many complaints about the scotland clinic and it has now been closed.
    Iím not sure where this leaves you but there are 2 other KSL hair clinics in Manchester and Kent and I would get in contact with them and hopefully they will do the honourable thing and carry out the treatment at there premises as I believe they are succesful clinics and the issue was with the owner of the Scotish clinic and that particular clinic. Check the other clinics out but they have said that customers with any conerns can contact them. Good luck !!!129310;!!!127996; X
    • photome
    • By photome 11th May 18, 7:12 AM
    • 13,665 Posts
    • 9,183 Thanks
    photome
    Hi Leo1975 i canít believe how rude people have been on here! They have no idea what its like for a young woman to love with hair loss and think they have found the miracle cure! She would prob have given her arm for the treatment!
    Anyway you may be sorted but there are many many complaints about the scotland clinic and it has now been closed.
    Iím not sure where this leaves you but there are 2 other KSL hair clinics in Manchester and Kent and I would get in contact with them and hopefully they will do the honourable thing and carry out the treatment at there premises as I believe they are succesful clinics and the issue was with the owner of the Scotish clinic and that particular clinic. Check the other clinics out but they have said that customers with any conerns can contact them. Good luck !!!129310;!!!127996; X
    Originally posted by NadeyBest
    Not sure anyone was rude

I doubt the OP will see your post, they havent logged in since November
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

313Posts Today

1,779Users online

Martin's Twitter