Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    • annedunlop
    • By annedunlop 29th Nov 17, 3:11 PM
    • 72Posts
    • 16Thanks
    0 WOW
    Annual insurance
    • #1
    • 29th Nov 17, 3:11 PM
    0 WOW
    Annual insurance 29th Nov 17 at 3:11 PM
    I want to purchase annual insurance for my daughter. She will be in Paris from Jan 2018 - June 2018 where she will work as au pair. She plans to go to Manchester for a month or so/ travel in Europe and travel to India in September for 3 Months. This is the plan, at the moment, but of course it is all 'flexible' and plans can change!! Anyone recommend a policy that would be suitable??
Page 1
    • zagfles
    • By zagfles 29th Nov 17, 6:16 PM
    • 13,015 Posts
    • 11,056 Thanks
    • #2
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:16 PM
    • #2
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:16 PM
    Have a look at STA Travel, they specialise in backpacker/working holiday/gap year type travel and insurances.
    • PeacefulWaters
    • By PeacefulWaters 29th Nov 17, 6:51 PM
    • 8,320 Posts
    • 10,638 Thanks
    • #3
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:51 PM
    • #3
    • 29th Nov 17, 6:51 PM
    And ensure she has an EHIC card (don't pay a fee for one).
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 29th Nov 17, 8:22 PM
    • 12,073 Posts
    • 8,213 Thanks
    • #4
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:22 PM
    • #4
    • 29th Nov 17, 8:22 PM
    Annual insurance is not suitable for a long-duration trip: most policies limit each holiday to 30 days, while some allow as long as three months.

    The best way to do this is likely to be two single-trip policies. Europe and India are very different, and the level of cover needed for the one will not be the same as for the other. The pricing also will be different.
    • Duckyduck
    • By Duckyduck 29th Nov 17, 9:43 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 100 Thanks
    • #5
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:43 PM
    • #5
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:43 PM
    Working usually isn!!!8217;t covered by travel insurance, even if the fact she!!!8217;s working is completely irrelevant to the claim it could still invalidate the policy and result in them refusing to pay out.

    World Nomads seems to be the popular choice for people taking a gap year to Canada, it!!!8217;s not cheap, but it does cover working and long durations. if you look on facebook for working holidays to France you might find some discussions or opinions on what others have done, or google backpacker insurance.

    The key will be to read the policy wording to check the policy covers what you need it to.
    Save 12k in 2017 #10
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

167Posts Today

1,509Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line?

  • RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

  • Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

  • Follow Martin